• 186(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-04-10, 13:30)Input1963 Wrote: Bart,
I was switching between Aeon Nox: Silvo and Amber and thats where i saw the colourd icons but i don't know if it is an extra icon pack.

I'm staying now with Amber that is a beautiful skin.

Grtz,
H.
@Input1963 , thank you for your kind words Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-10, 11:12)Input1963 Wrote: Hey,
Is there a possibility to use coulord icons for the video settings (X264- Dolby -HD1080 - 7.1)  ??

Thx
H.
@Input1963 ,thank you for being the first user to ask for this.  I figured I would test a bit to see how colored flags would look.  What do you think of these?

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-10, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote:
Is there a possibility to use coulord icons for the video settings (X264- Dolby -HD1080 - 7.1)  ??

Thx
H.
@Input1963 ,thank you for being the first user to ask for this.  I figured I would test a bit to see how colored flags would look.  What do you think of these?

Regards,

Bart

i found a whole bunch of flags here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2839524, "get addons here" link in first post

and also here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=85114
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
(2021-04-09, 22:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-09, 21:49)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 16:51)bsoriano Wrote: @billyrene , here are some of the other things that the info dialog can do, in case you have not found them yet:

1. You can click on the Director, and Amber will search where this person has appeared.  If you have TMDb Helper and Embuary Helper enabled, you can choose whether the search is local or online. 

If online, you get the same person info dialog I showed before for an actor, with the same functionality:

If you search locally, you get this:

2. You can do the same thing with writer.  If there are multiple people for director or writer, Amber will show you a dialog to choose for which one you want to do the search, after you select to search either online or locally.

3. You can also click on Genre, and search either locally:

Or online:

As you can see from above, you also have the indicators which show which items you have in your library.

4. You can click on country, and Amber will search locally for which movies you have from that country.  The search here is only local, since the TMDb API does not have a search by country functionality.  So you would get this;

5.  Finally, you can also click on Studio, with the same functionality of searching online or locally, including deciding for which one you want to do the search if there are more than one.  In the example below, I searched locally:

I hope this gives you a better idea of the capabilities of the video info dialog in Amber.

Regards,

Bart
hello again and thanks so much for all the info. i knew pretty much of all of it already beforehand. i don't know how it it on windows or  PC but unfortunately TMDB helper is useless on android tv since i wait at least 20 - 30 seconds for online information, sometimes longer and sometimes it doesn't even show up at all but keeps loading and loading. embuary helper is also useless since it constantly crashes kodi, other people also reported this issue already with this helper...

because i have tried pretty much all of your suggestions already and they didn't work for me very well i just wanted to get the most out the info dialogue.
@billyrene , on Windows both addons work well.  That's too bad that they do not work well on Android TV.  Perhaps it would be good to report the issues in the respective forum threads for those addons, to see if the authors can improve the functionality on Android TV.  I do not have that environment to test in, so I had not noticed.

I will go back and look at the issues you mentioned, to see if there is something else I can do to improve without either of those addons.  Are there any other issues that you would like me to address? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

thanks for looking into it. the only other issue i found to date is if you get the info dialogue and a tv show from anywhere, and on the bottom you go to similar tv shows or "more from year" and you get the info on a tv show there like this

when you get that info dialogue for the show on the bottom there seems to be a banner present in the background that is nowhere else to be found

(2021-04-10, 18:22)billyrene Wrote:

Thx
H.

Regards,

Bart

i found a whole bunch of flags here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2839524, "get addons here" link in first post

Thx Bart, your the best , will give it a try :-)
(2021-04-10, 18:34)Input1963 Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote: @Input1963 ,thank you for being the first user to ask for this.  I figured I would test a bit to see how colored flags would look.  What do you think of these?

Regards,

Bart

@Input1963 , they are not in the skin yet, I just wanted to see if you liked the look of those in my screenshot.  Please let me know, and thanks for looking for the flags.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-10, 18:29)billyrene Wrote:
(2021-04-09, 22:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-09, 21:49)billyrene Wrote: hello again and thanks so much for all the info. i knew pretty much of all of it already beforehand. i don't know how it it on windows or  PC but unfortunately TMDB helper is useless on android tv since i wait at least 20 - 30 seconds for online information, sometimes longer and sometimes it doesn't even show up at all but keeps loading and loading. embuary helper is also useless since it constantly crashes kodi, other people also reported this issue already with this helper...

because i have tried pretty much all of your suggestions already and they didn't work for me very well i just wanted to get the most out the info dialogue.
@billyrene , on Windows both addons work well.  That's too bad that they do not work well on Android TV.  Perhaps it would be good to report the issues in the respective forum threads for those addons, to see if the authors can improve the functionality on Android TV.  I do not have that environment to test in, so I had not noticed.

I will go back and look at the issues you mentioned, to see if there is something else I can do to improve without either of those addons.  Are there any other issues that you would like me to address? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

thanks for looking into it. the only other issue i found to date is if you get the info dialogue and a tv show from anywhere, and on the bottom you go to similar tv shows or "more from year" and you get the info on a tv show there like this

when you get that info dialogue for the show on the bottom there seems to be a banner present in the background that is nowhere else to be found

@billyrene , thanks for looking further.  I will fix that.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Thx
H.

Regards,

Bart

@billyrene, thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-10, 18:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 18:34)Input1963 Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 18:22)billyrene Wrote: i found a whole bunch of flags here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2839524, "get addons here" link in first post

@Input1963 , they are not in the skin yet, I just wanted to see if you liked the look of those in my screenshot.  Please let me know, and thanks for looking for the flags.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, if you could add the colord icons in the skin that would be amazing :-)

Thx
H.
(2021-03-26, 19:51)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 18:05)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 16:41)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , I currently do not have any concrete plans for Music.  Since you like the Netflix style, could you please let me know what would you like to see in a music view, Netflix style? If possible, please let me know what would you like to see in a Netflix style view for Artists, for Albums and for Songs.  Thanks.

As for addon dependencies, the only addon that Amber really requires to function is script.skinshortcuts, which Estuary does not use.  I do not know whether that addon might be causing any of the crashes you are experiencing.  script.favourites and resource.uisounds.amber are also dependencies.  If you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Manage Dependencies you can see a list of other addons that Amber can use if present.  I do not know if you have any of those addons installed, and if the Matrix version for any of them could be causing the crashes in your system.

Please check, and if you can pinpoint the cause, please share.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Great, I'll look into this over the weekend

Also, I've found the addon which was causing a hard crash in Kodi , Embuary Helper v2.0.6, disable it and hasn't crashed since. Kodi crashes with Amber or Madnox for Matrix with this addon enabled.

@zorg2000k, thank you for that info! What OS are you using? 

Regards,

Bart

I'm having an issue with Kodi crashing on exit to the OS while using Amber so it takes about three minutes to exit and I get a crashlog in my home directory. I tried Estuary and Transparency and I didn't see the same issue. I also tried disabling Embuary Helper but this didn't help. Running Kodi 18.7 on a Pi 3+ running Raspbian. I need to exit to connect my BT headphones since my keyboard shortcut that I created doesn't work while in Kodi. Can someone point me in the right direction on what to look for in the core dump file?
(2021-04-12, 04:08)stuckinthehome Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 19:51)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 18:05)zorg2000k Wrote: Great, I'll look into this over the weekend

Also, I've found the addon which was causing a hard crash in Kodi , Embuary Helper v2.0.6, disable it and hasn't crashed since. Kodi crashes with Amber or Madnox for Matrix with this addon enabled.

@zorg2000k, thank you for that info! What OS are you using? 

Regards,

Bart

I'm having an issue with Kodi crashing on exit to the OS while using Amber so it takes about three minutes to exit and I get a crashlog in my home directory. I tried Estuary and Transparency and I didn't see the same issue. I also tried disabling Embuary Helper but this didn't help. Running Kodi 18.7 on a Pi 3+ running Raspbian. I need to exit to connect my BT headphones since my keyboard shortcut that I created doesn't work while in Kodi. Can someone point me in the right direction on what to look for in the core dump file?
@stuckinthehome , if by core dump file you meant a Kodi debug log, it would be helpful if you can post a link to one taken when the issue happens.  Also, you can try disabling all addons that are not totally required in Amber and see if that helps.  The only three addons that Amber relies on (are listed as requirements) are script.skinshortcuts, script.favourites and resources.uisounds.amber.  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-11, 10:26)Input1963 Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 18:34)Input1963 Wrote: Thx Bart, your the best , will give it a try :-)

Regards,

Bart

Thx
H.
@Input1963 , thanks for confirming that you like those.  I will work on adding them over the next few days.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-11, 10:26)Input1963 Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 18:34)Input1963 Wrote: Thx Bart, your the best , will give it a try :-)

Regards,

Bart

Thx
H.
@Input1963 , please try the latest from GitHub.  I have implemented the colored flags.  There is a new setting here:

The flags look like this in the library:

And like this in the video info dialog:

And finally like this when playing media:

Please test thoroughly, since I had to make changes to all of the media view types to accommodate the new flags.  Please let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-12, 23:49)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-12, 04:08)stuckinthehome Wrote:
(2021-03-26, 19:51)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k, thank you for that info! What OS are you using? 

Regards,

Bart

@stuckinthehome , if by core dump file you meant a Kodi debug log, it would be helpful if you can post a link to one taken when the issue happens.  Also, you can try disabling all addons that are not totally required in Amber and see if that helps.  The only three addons that Amber relies on (are listed as requirements) are script.skinshortcuts, script.favourites and resources.uisounds.amber.  

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the help. I got a core dump file due to the seg fault.

I don't know what the /home/dom means as I don't have username nor a home directory called dom.

https://pastebin.com/jRScY8Lf
if you pull up the OSD the new media flags are over the thumbnail

in low list view, at the bottom. the new flags are super close to the "genre:comedy" in this case

in the info dialogue if you have a full set of media flags for a movie the flags don't fit under the poster and the most right flag is cut off

in fanart view the lower left flags are pushed way to the edge of the screen, compared to the right

in the info dialogue if you get information on an actor the aspect ratio and channels are missing

unrelated: if one hits the info button in the OSD during a video that has no info, happened with youtube videos for me, the OSD does not disappear after 5 seconds but only the controls disappear and the rest of the OSD stays visible.
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5