• 48(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2020-11-22, 19:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 13:39)ThorC1138 Wrote: I am seeing similar behavior in Windows now with the Kodi 19 beta1 release , ie -starting any channel content from the beginning.

There is a breaking change in Kodi... I'm working on a fix. You'll have to install a Kodi build with a compile date 11/13 or earlier. The last working build is a4fb12a
I just installed PseudoTV Live for the first time today and I'm experiencing this issue on both AndroidTV and Windows, using version 0.2.7d. Sample channels build fine and playback seems to be good, but every time I play a channel the program starts from the beginning.

All my media in Kodi is via the Jellyfin add-on - is that possibly the cause of this issue? Would it help to use an earlier build of Kodi?
(2021-04-07, 02:55)Banana_bandage Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 19:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 13:39)ThorC1138 Wrote: I am seeing similar behavior in Windows now with the Kodi 19 beta1 release , ie -starting any channel content from the beginning.

There is a breaking change in Kodi... I'm working on a fix. You'll have to install a Kodi build with a compile date 11/13 or earlier. The last working build is a4fb12a
I just installed PseudoTV Live for the first time today and I'm experiencing this issue on both AndroidTV and Windows, using version 0.2.7d. Sample channels build fine and playback seems to be good, but every time I play a channel the program starts from the beginning.

All my media in Kodi is via the Jellyfin add-on - is that possibly the cause of this issue? Would it help to use an earlier build of Kodi?
If the jellyfin addon is anything like the plex/emby "bridge" addons then this plugin is not compatible with it.

PseudoTV Live requires control of playback, those types of "bridge" plugins act as a middleman handling their own content playback.... ie stealing Kodi's player focus. 

Maybe one day I'll look into supporting "bridge" addons; but for now, i'm not interested. This is a Kodi project, meant for Kodi library or VFS.

In the interim, you can setup PseudoTV Live to use Jellyfin/plex/emby through uPNP.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-04-07, 04:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 19:38)Lunatixz Wrote: There is a breaking change in Kodi... I'm working on a fix. You'll have to install a Kodi build with a compile date 11/13 or earlier. The last working build is a4fb12a

If the jellyfin addon is anything like the plex/emby "bridge" addons then this plugin is not compatible with it.

PseudoTV Live requires control of playback, those types of "bridge" plugins act as a middleman handling their own content playback.... ie stealing Kodi's player focus. 

Maybe one day I'll look into supporting "bridge" addons; but for now, i'm not interested. This is a Kodi project, meant for Kodi library or VFS.

In the interim, you can setup PseudoTV Live to use Jellyfin/plex/emby through uPNP.
Ah, thank you for clarifying.

Too bad, as Jellyfin does not allow you to make your own IPTV channels. I have been using a server based docker container to translate Plex content into IPTV channels but I can't get smooth enough playback because the stream has to transcode at least once, usually twice.

Kodi is great for direct playback of Jellyfin content so I had hoped to use your add-on for a client based alternative.

I will look into trying it with uPNP but I suspect you are talking about picking up Jellyfin live TV channels, not Jellyfin libraries (which is what I want).

Thanks anyway for your work as it seems like a great addon.
(2020-11-22, 19:38)Lunatixz Wrote: There is a breaking change in Kodi... I'm working on a fix. You'll have to install a Kodi build with a compile date 11/13 or earlier. The last working build is a4fb12a

? - Im using the plugin right now with Emby and the Emby for Kodi (Next Gen) plugin without any issues?
(2021-04-07, 17:11)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 02:55)Banana_bandage Wrote: I just installed PseudoTV Live for the first time today and I'm experiencing this issue on both AndroidTV and Windows, using version 0.2.7d. Sample channels build fine and playback seems to be good, but every time I play a channel the program starts from the beginning.

? - Im using the plugin right now with Emby and the Emby for Kodi (Next Gen) plugin without any issues?

Cool, I haven't looked into angleblues code in a long while... It previously used playlists and playmedia built-ins which would hijack player focus.

Any plugin that uses setresolvedurl will work with PseudoTV Live.
(2021-04-07, 17:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 17:11)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 04:49)Lunatixz Wrote: If the jellyfin addon is anything like the plex/emby "bridge" addons then this plugin is not compatible with it.

Cool, I haven't looked into angleblues code in a long while... It previously used playlists and playmedia built-ins which would hijack player focus.

Any plugin that uses setresolvedurl will work with PseudoTV Live.
Yep. Quickmic is the owner now. I believe its a complete re-write of the code and is only Kodi 19 computable.

Works great.
(2021-04-07, 05:12)Banana_bandage Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 02:55)Banana_bandage Wrote: I just installed PseudoTV Live for the first time today and I'm experiencing this issue on both AndroidTV and Windows, using version 0.2.7d. Sample channels build fine and playback seems to be good, but every time I play a channel the program starts from the beginning.

Too bad, as Jellyfin does not allow you to make your own IPTV channels. I have been using a server based docker container to translate Plex content into IPTV channels but I can't get smooth enough playback because the stream has to transcode at least once, usually twice.

Kodi is great for direct playback of Jellyfin content so I had hoped to use your add-on for a client based alternative.

I will look into trying it with uPNP but I suspect you are talking about picking up Jellyfin live TV channels, not Jellyfin libraries (which is what I want).

I recently came across dizqueTV which create a m3u based on the Plex library (incl. xmltv). That m3u can be used as import m3u for PseudoTV in Kodi
(2021-04-07, 22:51)kalle2000 Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 05:12)Banana_bandage Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 04:49)Lunatixz Wrote: If the jellyfin addon is anything like the plex/emby "bridge" addons then this plugin is not compatible with it.

I recently came across dizqueTV which create a m3u based on the Plex library (incl. xmltv). That m3u can be used as import m3u for PseudoTV in Kodi
That's ultra hacky Tongue : I would recommend https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794
Loving playing around with this so far! Just wanted to drop a note here with a couple quick feature roadmap questions + a technical question.

1) Is there currently a plan to be able to have episode order randomized, instead of always airing sequentially, without having to use custom playlists?
2) My understanding is that commercials/bumpers currently get inserted between episodes. For episode files with chapters, is there any thinking around eventually supporting a way to use these to air commercials mid-episode?

And now a tech question… When messing around with the add-on settings, I have seen a warning message encouraging SSD users to relocate one of the PseudoTV Live data files to an HDD instead. However, when I try to choose a new location, the browsing experience just shows me locations relative to (I suspect) Kodi's user settings path, and there is no way I can see to browse to other locations on my PC. Is there a way to do this that I am missing? Or is the solution to just install Kodi to the HDD instead?
(2021-04-09, 22:58)the_3 Wrote: Loving playing around with this so far! Just wanted to drop a note here with a couple quick feature roadmap questions + a technical question.

1) Is there currently a plan to be able to have episode order randomized, instead of always airing sequentially, without having to use custom playlists?
2) My understanding is that commercials/bumpers currently get inserted between episodes. For episode files with chapters, is there any thinking around eventually supporting a way to use these to air commercials mid-episode?

And now a tech question… When messing around with the add-on settings, I have seen a warning message encouraging SSD users to relocate one of the PseudoTV Live data files to an HDD instead. However, when I try to choose a new location, the browsing experience just shows me locations relative to (I suspect) Kodi's user settings path, and there is no way I can see to browse to other locations on my PC. Is there a way to do this that I am missing? Or is the solution to just install Kodi to the HDD instead?

1). No, Custom Playlists give you full control of content... "Auto-Tuned" channels are "Pre-Defined" based on presets. Movies (random), Episodes (Ordered).
2). Technically commercials/bumpers have not been enabled yet, Feature is pending a release. As for interleaving in between chapters; this is not possible without heavy costs. One day if/when Kodi supports dual players it may be possible as for now, it wouldn't be possible to execute properly. 

v.2.7d was a revert build and may contain bugs that were already fixed... When the next update goes out if you are still unable to change paths send me a log. For now, try using "backspace" on the keyboard.
(2021-04-09, 23:38)Lunatixz Wrote: 1). No, Custom Playlists give you full control of content... "Auto-Tuned" channels are "Pre-Defined" based on presets. Movies (random), Episodes (Ordered).
Ah, okay. That's too bad, because there are aspects of the authentically-nostalgic TV experience that I feel like smart playlists' rules can't really deliver. Things like having certain shows always sequence a certain way, so as to make them be on at consistent times of the day (but with randomized episodes), I feel like that would kind of only work if your add-on eventually supported it.

And would the future commercials/bumpers feature support custom playlist channels as well? Or is that only going to be for the predefined channels?
(2021-04-10, 00:10)the_3 Wrote:
(2021-04-09, 23:38)Lunatixz Wrote: 1). No, Custom Playlists give you full control of content... "Auto-Tuned" channels are "Pre-Defined" based on presets. Movies (random), Episodes (Ordered).
Ah, okay. That's too bad, because there are aspects of the authentically-nostalgic TV experience that I feel like smart playlists' rules can't really deliver. Things like having certain shows always sequence a certain way, so as to make them be on at consistent times of the day (but with randomized episodes), I feel like that would kind of only work if your add-on eventually supported it.

And would the future commercials/bumpers feature support custom playlist channels as well? Or is that only going to be for the predefined channels?

The upcoming Adv. channel rules will allow more robust content control... However, this may be a tangent to your original question. Both "Pre-Defined" and "Custom Playlists" are one and the same.

All channels that created using local content, ie. It won't work with plugin-based channels, etc.

Commercials, Bumpers, etc... will work in two forms, A global rule that applies to all (local media) channels, and Adv. Channel rules that applies per channel.

So for example you can have a resource pack that is global and applies to all channels, and a 80's themed pack that applies only to your 80's channel.

Controls are limited to you selecting the resource pack to use (ie. content source) and how many per "filler" type to add in-between content.
(2021-04-06, 20:49)LARQ Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 19:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 16:07)LARQ Wrote: Hi again Lunatixz.
Here is how to recreate the error:

1. install Fresh kodi Matrix (in my case in one SSD AND in portable mode).
2. install plugin.video.youtube.
3. install plugin.youtube2kodilibrary (set API key). Then add one YOUTUBEchannel as TVShow (lets say PseudoTV Live Channel with url:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcKfSNBlSTsfT-WgPmCVyXQ ).
4. Add the [...portable_data\userdata\library\series] folder as a TVShow-folder in kodi´s library.
5. Install PseudoTV Live Beta from the PseudoTV Live repository. (Set 1 channel and include STRMs files).
6. Get error with this log: sikugodowo.kodi (paste)

I am not a programmer but hope this helps you to figure out the problem.

I'm trying to help, but you have to provide me with the information required; otherwise, I can not... Logs must contain debug level events and a specific nfo file. That is referenced in the log.
My bad. Here is the new log hucenaxike.kodi (paste)
and the nfo file:
https://mega.nz/fm/DnwiyA4C

Any temp fix for this error?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VqP
(2021-04-13, 05:17)LARQ Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 20:49)LARQ Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 19:14)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm trying to help, but you have to provide me with the information required; otherwise, I can not... Logs must contain debug level events and a specific nfo file. That is referenced in the log.
My bad. Here is the new log hucenaxike.kodi (paste)
and the nfo file:

dl link didn't work for me please try and use https://paste.kodi.tv/ for all posts including strms, nfos.
(2021-04-13, 19:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-04-13, 05:17)LARQ Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 20:49)LARQ Wrote: My bad. Here is the new log hucenaxike.kodi (paste)
and the nfo file:

dl link didn't work for me please try and use https://paste.kodi.tv/ for all posts including strms, nfos.

Here is the log hucenaxike.kodi (paste)
and the nfo file: zuzicahisu (paste)
VqP
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4