No passthrough after latest FireOS Update 6.2.7.7
(2020-12-10, 07:33)DipSur Wrote:
(2020-12-03, 20:31)misterboo Wrote: Yesterday my FireTV 4K updated to FireOS 6.2.7.7

I just noticed that audio passthrough is gone in Kodi 18.9. Anyone else have this problem?

This is due to an update of the FireStick from Amazon. I was able to fix this by doing the following, unfortunately you cannot keep your existing build. 
Uninstall Kodi. Then download this version of Kodi apk,  kodi-20201031-3dfcc21e-aftv4k-armeabi-v7a.apk from the site http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...droid/arm/
This is a special build of Kodi 18.9 for FireStick.
After installing, go to System->Audio (in Expert Mode) and change the settings as below:
Audio Passthrough: Enable
Passthrough Output Device: AudioTrack(RAW) .... This is the important bit.
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Enable
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding: Enable
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: Enable
Leave all the rest of Audio settings to DEFAULT

That's it. Now you will get DD+ in yout AV receiver and also ATMOS from Netflix if you have Premium subscription.

So if I go this route, I'll be stuck with having to use updates from this same source going forward?  It's definitely a pain to go back and forth between builds if I have to set up Kodi and my network connections over again each time.  Is this something that will likely get added into the main branch now that Amazon has screwed this up?  This fix won't pass DTS tough?

Since I've just got a 5.1 setup, should I use the official build and turn passthrough off and my sound will be good enough for DTS and AC3 and E-AC3 content?  In that case, Kodi will basically transcode the DTS to DD+?
(2020-12-25, 12:54)Jaffi Wrote: I am sorry for going slightly off topic here, but those chirps and hisses are plaguing me too! I was trying to get rid of those forever. Is there any source of information you could lead me to regarding this issue?

Mine was a Sony receiver (DH520) that didn't make the cut-off for a firmware update. Sony deleted the thread but there's snippets on archive.org.

link
I followed the instructions, but audio passthrough for Dolby Digital 5.1 still does not work properly for me. The audio track stutters after I pause and resume a video.

The debug log reads: Could not acquire timestamp

debug log
(2020-12-28, 05:40)burcs Wrote:
(2020-12-25, 12:54)Jaffi Wrote: I am sorry for going slightly off topic here, but those chirps and hisses are plaguing me too! I was trying to get rid of those forever. Is there any source of information you could lead me to regarding this issue?

Mine was a Sony receiver (DH520) that didn't make the cut-off for a firmware update. Sony deleted the thread but there's snippets on archive.org.

link
Same here, I have a Sony HT-XT1 SoundPlate that has the same DD+ issue. Just disable DD+ in the Kodi options and you will get DD with the encoding method @fritsch described.

By the way @fritsch do I need to have the Fire TV audio setting at "best available" for this to work?
According to an Amazon employee, an update was released 15 hours ago which should finally fix the sound problems: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...opers-asap
Quote:Shashank (Amazon Staff)Open Shashank (Amazon Staff) Preview
15 hours ago
Actions for this Feed Item Comment
Hello Everyone,

The issue has been resolved from our developer's end. They have asked to update the device. Please update your device and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact our customer service.​

Have a great day.
My Fire TV Stick still shows 6.2.7.7 3033 as the latest version, did any of you get the update?
Hello
SOLVED FOR ME...

Getting same problem, here is how I regained access to real dolby 5.1 sound.

- hardware : Firestick TV 4K 6.2.7.7/3033 + Sony BDV N5200W + LG OLED 55C6V + Keyixing 2 ports HDMI Audio Extractor 4K ( because Sony is not HDCP 2.2 , and TV is not letting HDCP2.2 going out ). Firestick connected to Keyixing device has input1, keyixing device connected to LG with HDMI and to sony with SPDIF.
- 1/ disable any sound effect in Sony audio device ( so, if 5.1 test fails, you get no sound at all in surround speakers )
- 2/ Firestick audio menu : surround sound => automatic selection. + advanced audio ==> disable everything
- 3/ Kodi 19 ==> settings--> system --> audio ..
>> A/ reset above settings to defaults . Before doing this, Passthrough menu and options where disabled ( maybe a leftover configuration from before the migration from kodi 18.9 to 19?)
>> B/ NOW.. I get "Allow passthrough" check ==> check it.
>> C/ change Passthrough output device to "AudioTrack(RAW),Android IEC packer.
>> D/ Check that "Dolby Digital(AC3) capable receiver is checked.(because my sound system is AC3 capable , but not DTS neither dolby plus or pro or anything else)
>> Don't change anything else , let "Audio Output device" to nothing ( will revert to "AudioTrack(IEC),Kodi IEC packer(recommended) after leaving menu page and coming back ), and Number of channels to 2.

Try playing a video with Dolby + 5.1.. check if you get sounds from surround speakers ==> that was ok for me. Smile
(2021-02-27, 02:40)pattyland Wrote: According to an Amazon employee, an update was released 15 hours ago which should finally fix the sound problems: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...opers-asap
15 hours ago
Hello Everyone,

The issue has been resolved from our developer's end. They have asked to update the device. Please update your device and check.

Have a great day.
My Fire TV Stick still shows 6.2.7.7 3033 as the latest version, did any of you get the update?

Reading further in that Amazon thread, it appears as if Amazon employee Shashank provided incorrect information and the issue was not fixed with firmware 6.2.7.7 3033.
(2021-03-21, 14:41)lexluthor Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 02:40)pattyland Wrote: According to an Amazon employee, an update was released 15 hours ago which should finally fix the sound problems: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...opers-asap
15 hours ago
Hello Everyone,

Have a great day.

Reading further in that Amazon thread, it appears as if Amazon employee Shashank provided incorrect information and the issue was not fixed with firmware 6.2.7.7 3033.

I have four 4k firesticks. Only one updated that doesn't have a receiver so I am not sure if if the update fixed passthrough audio or not.

I can't even manually update the other ones yet. They must be slowly doing the rollout.
(2021-03-28, 03:40)redpinfive Wrote: I have four 4k firesticks. Only one updated that doesn't have a receiver so I am not sure if if the update fixed passthrough audio or not.

I can't even manually update the other ones yet. They must be slowly doing the rollout.

For FTV Stick 4k a new version (6.2.8.0) with new UI is rolling out. It seems that passthrough is sill not fixed.
[/quote]

For FTV Stick 4k a new version (6.2.8.0) with new UI is rolling out. It seems that passthrough is sill not fixed.
[/quote]

That sucks. I guess I just need to buy new hardware as i assume there is no way to roll back to working firmware.
Is there now my proven way to get AC3 and DTS back, assuming that Amazon won‘t bring back the old behaviour?
For Kodi 18 it seems to have been only possible with special build linked above. Same for Kodi 19 or does that also work out of the box with the standard build?
I have just started to go back to android Kodi 19 on Sony TV as I have sort of given up with passthrough / DTS issues with it installed on my Cube. Too much of a problem even tho the Cube is fast and responsive. Even with the latest 6.2.8.0 there are too many issues with the sound.
(2021-03-17, 02:06)sksbir Wrote: Hello
SOLVED FOR ME...

Getting same problem, here is how I regained access to real dolby 5.1 sound.

- hardware : Firestick TV 4K 6.2.7.7/3033 + Sony BDV N5200W + LG OLED 55C6V + Keyixing 2 ports HDMI Audio Extractor 4K ( because Sony is not HDCP 2.2 , and TV is not letting HDCP2.2 going out ). Firestick connected to Keyixing device has input1, keyixing device connected to LG with HDMI and to sony with SPDIF.
- 1/ disable any sound effect in Sony audio device ( so, if 5.1 test fails, you get no sound at all in surround speakers )
- 2/ Firestick audio menu : surround sound => automatic selection. + advanced audio ==> disable everything
- 3/ Kodi 19 ==> settings--> system --> audio ..
>> A/ reset above settings to defaults . Before doing this, Passthrough menu and options where disabled ( maybe a leftover configuration from before the migration from kodi 18.9 to 19?)
>> B/ NOW.. I get "Allow passthrough" check ==> check it.
>> C/ change Passthrough output device to "AudioTrack(RAW),Android IEC packer.
>> D/ Check that "Dolby Digital(AC3) capable receiver is checked.(because my sound system is AC3 capable , but not DTS neither dolby plus or pro or anything else)
>> Don't change anything else , let "Audio Output device" to nothing ( will revert to "AudioTrack(IEC),Kodi IEC packer(recommended) after leaving menu page and coming back ), and Number of channels to 2.

Try playing a video with Dolby + 5.1.. check if you get sounds from surround speakers ==> that was ok for me. Smile
Works for me (V 6.2.8.0) thanks!
AC3 works with official Kodi 19 build. Fire TV on Receiver, Sound in Fire TV as always Dolby Digital Output, in Kodi using the Kodi IEC Packer aus output device. But this lists only AC3 and E-AC3. DTS option is not there, but that seems to be included in this separate Maven build. Does anyone know if that missing code will be taken over to original build or what the reason is if not?
(2021-03-28, 15:20)Sholander Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 03:40)redpinfive Wrote: I have four 4k firesticks. Only one updated that doesn't have a receiver so I am not sure if if the update fixed passthrough audio or not.

Could anyone confirm? DTS passthrough still Impossible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No passthrough after latest FireOS Update 6.2.7.70