• 15(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-04-17, 06:56)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Another improvement suggestion just for the sake of consistency:
In full screen mode for movies, when you just select a movie for viewing, a nice pop-up appears giving some details and a Play button. For albums, the behavior is different, there the full screen mode is closed and list of tracks is shown. The detail pop-up can only be reached by a long touch and manual selection. I would appreciate, if it would become the default for albums, too.
Well, now it becomes difficult. Either we violate consistency between non-fullscreen and fullscreen for music (option A) or we have inconsistency between movie and music fullscreen behavior (option B). Problem is that when you select an album you do not immediately get to the info screen but to a detail view (which e.g. lists all tracks of an album). When you select an artist you also do not get to the artist info, but you receive a list of all albums of this artist. I can change the behavior for fullscreen to directly jump to the info screen for an album or an artist. But then you cannot use the same flow as it is possible in non-fullscreen. I admit this looks quite nice though.

Screenshots:
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-ix1kvd.png
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-is6kdo.png
(2021-04-17, 15:37)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-17, 06:56)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Another improvement suggestion just for the sake of consistency:
In full screen mode for movies, when you just select a movie for viewing, a nice pop-up appears giving some details and a Play button. For albums, the behavior is different, there the full screen mode is closed and list of tracks is shown. The detail pop-up can only be reached by a long touch and manual selection. I would appreciate, if it would become the default for albums, too.
Well, now it becomes difficult. Either we violate consistency between non-fullscreen and fullscreen for music (option A) or we have inconsistency between movie and music fullscreen behavior (option B). Problem is that when you select an album you do not immediately get to the info screen but to a detail view (which e.g. lists all tracks of an album). When you select an artist you also do not get to the artist info, but you receive a list of all albums of this artist. I can change the behavior for fullscreen to directly jump to the info screen for an album or an artist. But then you cannot use the same flow as it is possible in non-fullscreen. I admit this looks quite nice though.

Screenshots:
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-ix1kvd.png
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-is6kdo.png
Wow! Smile
Exactly the way I would like to see it. Thanks for giving it at least a try!
But you are right with respect to the other (in my opinion minor) inconsistency this would introduce. Since nevertheless a long press would still allow the user to select individual tracks if required, I would say this is acceptable...
Honestly I never understood why Kodi treats music and movies so often so different.
(2021-04-17, 17:55)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Since nevertheless a long press would still allow the user to select individual tracks if required, I would say this is acceptable...
I agree. We can give it a try and see, if this is getting acceptance.
1.6.2 Build 2239:
Release Notes

Small ask for support: A user claims that with 1.6.1 selecting audio streams and selecting subtitles is not working (see #226). I cannot reproduce this, but have only 1 test file for this. Can someone please test this as well (one of the last versions will be fine).
(2021-04-18, 08:50)Buschel Wrote: 1.6.2 Build 2239:
Release Notes

I've sent this version to appstore review but set release to manual in case we need another bug fix.
Release Notes

Small ask for support: A user claims that with 1.6.1 selecting audio streams and selecting subtitles is not working (see #226). I cannot reproduce this, but have only 1 test file for this. Can someone please test this as well (one of the last versions will be fine).
No problem with 1.6.2 (2239)
(2021-04-18, 13:27)UlfSchmidt Wrote: No problem with 1.6.2 (2239)
@UlfSchmidt: Thanks, this is good news. .)
(2021-04-18, 11:32)kambala Wrote:
Release Notes

I've sent this version to appstore review but set release to manual in case we need another bug fix.

already approved. shall I release? Smile
(2021-04-18, 18:41)kambala Wrote: 1.6.2 Build 2239:
[...]
already approved. shall I release? Smile
+1 from me.

(The fixes which are not merged were no regressions, and the issues were not reported with 1.6.0 or 1.6.1 and seem to be minor. We can fix them with next release.).

1. released on appstore
  2. merged sort tokens PR
  3. submitted 1.7 to TF review, should become available in 12-24 hours
1.7 Build 2256:
Release Notes

This is the first build after releasing 1.6.2 and towards 1.7. Only change on top of 1.6.2 is the support of sort tokens. This feature was already tested in one of the test builds in the last weeks and will need further testing. To test simply use search all around the app with and without "ignore articles" enabled. Thanks for testing and your support, and most important: Enjoy using the App!

In the queue for next test builds are further fixes, some app-internal cleanups and support for Apple Watch.
(2021-04-19, 20:17)Buschel Wrote: In the queue for next test builds are further fixes, some app-internal cleanups and support for Apple Watch.

I also plan to add https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...issues/191 and https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re.../issues/75

next build is going to include watch app I think.
Hi @Buschel,

it seems that since iOS 14.5 wake on lan is no longer working from the App?! Any ideas? Or is this some fancy iOS modification for improved privacy Smile ?
(2021-04-26, 22:12)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Hi @Buschel,

it seems that since iOS 14.5 wake on lan is no longer working from the App?! Any ideas? Or is this some fancy iOS modification for improved privacy Smile ?
Hi @UlfSchmidt, I have no idea. Never used this feature. Was this working before with the same combination of App and Kodi server, but an older iOS? Maybe @kambala can have a look.
(2021-04-27, 22:21)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-26, 22:12)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Hi @Buschel,

Hi @UlfSchmidt, I have no idea. Never used this feature. Was this working before with the same combination of App and Kodi server, but an older iOS? Maybe @kambala can have a look.
Yes, it worked before iOS 14.5 and stopped working since. No changes for the App or Kodi, just the recent update to iOS 14.5. Really strange.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0