• 514(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2021-05-13, 11:52)Simkin84 Wrote: BluRay rips in 4K HDR10/Dolby Vision, can this be played directly on Kodi 19.1
Yes for HDR10, no AFAIK for Dolby Vision. Same with DSPlayer, again, AFAIK.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2021-02-15, 16:50)Honko Wrote:
(2021-02-15, 02:51)ashlar Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 19:55)Honko Wrote: Is there any way to use frame interpolation (without dsplayer) with Leia or Matrix and the build in Player?
There isn't.
thx for clear answer!
Why you need to use Kodi ? I'm using Kodi only because its native Video Player can access and play streaming videos (from Google Drives...). For other sources I'm using standalone dsplayers such as PotPlayer, MPC-HC/BE... with madVR which give much better qualities than Kodi and I think those players also support SVP, though I dont like SVP effects.
Hey all,

I am thinking this is a known problem with no fix, but in Kodi Ds 17.7,

I can't get the video calibration settings to save after a shutdown or wake from hibernation or suspend?

Its really annoying as i have to do some tweaks on it to make it fit for the projector,

Cheers
(2021-06-06, 04:05)shazza6887 Wrote: Hey all,

I can't get the video calibration settings to save after a shutdown or wake from hibernation or suspend?

Its really annoying as i have to do some tweaks on it to make it fit for the projector,

Cheers

Huh!

I use the calibration settings to stretch the gui to look right through an anamorphic lens. Saves normally no issues, didn’t do a thing.

I’m using the dsplayer bettergui 17.7 build.
(2021-06-06, 11:11)AndreNewman Wrote:

Cheers

Huh!

I use the calibration settings to stretch the gui to look right through an anamorphic lens. Saves normally no issues, didn’t do a thing.

Ye well i am using the same build for this exact purpose, does it save upon a long sleep time? I enter hibernation and sleep through the kodi menu itself.
(2021-06-08, 03:27)shazza6887 Wrote:
(2021-06-06, 11:11)AndreNewman Wrote:

Cheers

Huh!

Ye well i am using the same build for this exact purpose, does it save upon a long sleep time? I enter hibernation and sleep through the kodi menu itself.
I don't know about sleep, I don't use it.

I would have thought if you shut kodi down after making the calibration adjustment, it would load the saved calibration on next start up, if you then sleep and wake after that it should be good, maybe?

I did notice something related earlier this week.

Kodi saves a different calibration for each different screen mode, caught me out as I was trying to sort a different problem in 25Hz and the calibration was back to default! I usually have the desktop in 23Hz [email protected], when I set the desktop back to "23Hz" the old calibration re-appeared.
Sooo.. this might be a Kodi issue, a madVR issue, a Windows issue, I don't know.

If I start HDR content, the TV (an LG OLED C1) switched to HDR, playback is fine, all good. Problem is that when I stop the video, colors are all wrong in the interface (like oversaturated). If I close Kodi and restart, they go back being ok.

If I activate HDR in Windows 10, this doesn't happen, but everything is played back in a way that keeps the TV in HDR mode.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2021-06-22, 19:51)ashlar Wrote: Sooo.. this might be a Kodi issue, a madVR issue, a Windows issue, I don't know.

If I start HDR content, the TV (an LG OLED C1) switched to HDR, playback is fine, all good. Problem is that when I stop the video, colors are all wrong in the interface (like oversaturated). If I close Kodi and restart, they go back being ok.

If I activate HDR in Windows 10, this doesn't happen, but everything is played back in a way that keeps the TV in HDR mode.
This is a problem with all nvidia drivers after 441.87 and Kodi-DS-Player. If you must use a newer driver (new nvidia card). Only Solution is new Kodi Version with external player (MPC-HC or MPC-BE with LAV-Filters and madVR) ...maybe Kodi-DS-Player 17.6 with external player works too.
Yup. And that’s bye bye to DSPlayer for me. So sad but external player is not an option for me.
(2021-06-25, 10:08)lSi123 Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 19:51)ashlar Wrote: Sooo.. this might be a Kodi issue, a madVR issue, a Windows issue, I don't know.

This is a problem with all nvidia drivers after 441.87 and Kodi-DS-Player. If you must use a newer driver (new nvidia card). Only Solution is new Kodi Version with external player (MPC-HC or MPC-BE with LAV-Filters and madVR) ...maybe Kodi-DS-Player 17.6 with external player works too.

Hmmm?  I've used every build of official Kodi including v20 Nexus I'm using now.  I've always used every latest build of Windows too.  Same with Nvidia drivers.. currently 471.11.  I also use madVR and LAV filters with a few external players for videos less than 2160p HDR preferring madVR upscaling and other processing for these lower resolution titles.  I always use Kodi VideoPlayer for 4k playback because 4k needs no extra processing and the tone mapping it does is more than sufficient even on large displays and when passing through, it makes no difference.  I have a diverse collection of various content from DVD to 4k blu-ray in many containers such as mkv, mp4, avi, TS, and iso.

When any video is finished (including 4k 2160p HDR) using an external player or the internal Kodi VideoPlayer, Kodi always returns in focus in the native 2160p resolution and HDR mode auto switches off.  Windows HDR is never manually engaged or disengaged and it needn't be.  I have never experienced Kodi remaing locked in HDR mode after playback. 

That said, I've no idea how DSP or a C1 behave since I use neither.  I'm providing a little testimony fwiw encouraging you two to dig a little deeper into your problem because it doesn't exist for others.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-06-25, 17:46)brazen1 Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 10:08)lSi123 Wrote:

Hmmm?  I've used every build of official Kodi including v20 Nexus I'm using now.  I've always used every latest build of Windows too.  Same with Nvidia drivers.. currently 471.11.  I also use madVR and LAV filters with a few external players for videos less than 2160p HDR preferring madVR upscaling and other processing for these lower resolution titles.  I always use Kodi VideoPlayer for 4k playback because 4k needs no extra processing and the tone mapping it does is more than sufficient even on large displays and when passing through, it makes no difference.  I have a diverse collection of various content from DVD to 4k blu-ray in many containers such as mkv, mp4, avi, TS, and iso.

When any video is finished (including 4k 2160p HDR) using an external player or the internal Kodi VideoPlayer, Kodi always returns in focus in the native 2160p resolution and HDR mode auto switches off.  Windows HDR is never manually engaged or disengaged and it needn't be.  I have never experienced Kodi remaing locked in HDR mode after playback. 

That said, I've no idea how DSP or a C1 behave since I use neither.  I'm providing a little testimony fwiw encouraging you two to dig a little deeper into your problem because it doesn't exist for others.

Please read before posting something! The problem exits with the custom build version of Kodi 17.6 with DS-Player, madVR used as internal player and new nvidia driver. Normal Kodi Build is working with external player (madVR included) or internal Kodi Player (v19.x) without madVR with new nvidia drivers.
(2021-06-25, 19:44)lSi123 Wrote: Normal Kodi Build is working with external player (madVR included) or internal Kodi Player (v19.x) without madVR with new nvidia drivers.

So now that you repeated my post in your own words advising me to read before I post, perhaps you understand your original misleading reply is not the "Only Solution" as you wrote.  External player(s) is/are not an option for user @ashlar.  Evidently either is DSP anymore.  But there is a solution for him you see.  Official Kodi and its internal VideoPlayer  Wink   Fwiw, madVR is worthless when passing through 2160p HDR on a 55" or 65" C1 and other larger displays unless whatever is being used can't tonemap or scale very well on its own.  It used to be necessary right up until the Kodi internal VideoPlayer was upgraded years ago for users just like ashlar imo.  Me too.  DSP isn't necessary under those circumstances either.  I encourage anyone experiencing DSP problems to revisit official Kodi.  You may find out you don't need DSP, madVR, LAV filters, etc.  Still, as I wrote, they are nice to have on the side when/if needed.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-06-25, 22:08)brazen1 Wrote: But there is a solution for him you see.  Official Kodi and its internal VideoPlayer 

That’s exactly what I chose. I did not mean I was abandoning Kodi.
Still wish Kodi implemented better upscalers and noise removal for low res content, though. Unfortunately not everything can be gotten in 1080p or better.
(2021-06-25, 22:08)brazen1 Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 19:44)lSi123 Wrote: Normal Kodi Build is working with external player (madVR included) or internal Kodi Player (v19.x) without madVR with new nvidia drivers.

Kodi internal VideoPlayer was upgraded years ago for users just like ashlar imo.  Me too.  DSP isn't necessary under those circumstances either.  I encourage anyone experiencing DSP problems to revisit official Kodi.  You may find out you don't need DSP, madVR, LAV filters, etc. 
Oh ... years ago the internal Kodi Videoplayer can do a Auto-HDR-Switch ?. I think Kodi 19 is the first version with this feature. Years Ago ... Kodi Videoplayer has the same custom features of LAV Filters/madVR ?
... The custom version of Kodi and DSPlayer can do all of this years before Kodi can do ... without using an external player.

I'm also using now Kodi v19.1 with a external player (no future development of Kodi DSPlayer and more and more problems) but i'm using Kodi DSPlayer for a long time.
I'll stick with dsplayer - I just can't get on with the internal players lack of options for pre and post processing, oh, and the scalers.

Fair play to the devs, stock is great, but just lacks the additional benefits that dsplayer provides.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
  • 514(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47