• 60(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-06-08, 22:33)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 04:46)jctennis Wrote: I started playing with Stirr from the SlyGuy repo as it seemed to go well with Pluto TV and give me a few more options.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357739

I am using Stirr with IPTV Merge to create an m3u and xml to import into PTVL. The m3u and xml works fine with IPTV Simple on its own but PTVL doesn't seem to want to import it. I have attached a log as well as the m3u and xml.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...6dBChjzoFD

I am not sure if the m3u is malformed in some way or if there is some type of incompatibility.
@Lunatixz Even more weirdness to report. Not only will my Stirr m3u not import and show in the EPG, as long as the setting for m3u import is enabled the recommended add-ons will not import and show in the EPG. I have tried with Pluto TV, Hdhomerun simple, and Locast.

Log with the Stirr m3u, Pluto tv, and HDHOMERUN Simple enabled:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kI3dzIn...p=drivesdk

If you need further files let me know.
When I find time I'll review the log... however, a quick check of the epg.xml file shows two issues:
1: it's not in the proper return line format for an XML file.
2: xml validator shows issues: 

txt:
Errors in the XML document:
1:2259The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

::Update::
Try the next update, I updated some import functions...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Several days ago, I noticed PSTVL 0.3.0r was "uninstalled", so I tried re-installing it, and now I can't reinstall it because it's missing a dependency "studio icons - white" is missing.  How do I get this?  Seems like the only dependency that's missing so far.
When I click add-ons and zip nothing shows up
It's just blank
(2021-06-08, 02:35)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 02:20)tvuser3432 Wrote:
(2021-06-06, 04:06)jctennis Wrote: Ok, let's start from the beginning, your content is local real video fikes, not strm files right? Then you installed PTVL and IPTV Simple. You then either auto tuned or manually created channels right? After that it takes a bit for PTVL to build the channels. I find it helps to restart Kodi after to get everything building.

Let me know what steps you have taken and I'll see what I can do to help.
Thanks jctennis, appreciate you looking at this. 

Correct, video content is local content. I will add, I have Kodi installed on an Amazon Firestick. 

I installed Kodi, then installed Pseudo TV and IPTV Simple. Pseudo TV shows that it is "building" in the upper right hand corner and it does take a while to build. However no content shows up after it's done building. After it's done building it says "no new channels found" and asks me to AutoTune. Then there is further updating. Once that is done, it still shows no channels or content within PseudoTV.
It seems to me that you haven't created any channels. Go ahead and open the settings when all the processes are finished running and go to the auto tune section. Select a few channels. Try different types and see what you like. After you save everything, it takes a little while to build the channels. Again, I find restarting Kodi helps with this as PTVL will go through its initializing processes again. After everything is done building and updating choose Force PVR IPTV simple to reload from the utilities. That should get you a bit closer. After you have had some success with the auto tuned channels you can work or creating channels based on playlists or add-ons. Let me know how you make out
Hi JCTennis, 

Unfortunately still nothing. When I go to Autotune, it shows that there are 3 auto channels created. However, I cannot view any programming associated with them. When I force PVR IPTV simple to reload, it says it reloads successfully but there is no interface with content. It jus shows the "utilities" option.
(2021-06-10, 23:21)tvuser3432 Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 02:35)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 02:20)tvuser3432 Wrote: Thanks jctennis, appreciate you looking at this. 

Correct, video content is local content. I will add, I have Kodi installed on an Amazon Firestick. 

I installed Kodi, then installed Pseudo TV and IPTV Simple. Pseudo TV shows that it is "building" in the upper right hand corner and it does take a while to build. However no content shows up after it's done building. After it's done building it says "no new channels found" and asks me to AutoTune. Then there is further updating. Once that is done, it still shows no channels or content within PseudoTV.
It seems to me that you haven't created any channels. Go ahead and open the settings when all the processes are finished running and go to the auto tune section. Select a few channels. Try different types and see what you like. After you save everything, it takes a little while to build the channels. Again, I find restarting Kodi helps with this as PTVL will go through its initializing processes again. After everything is done building and updating choose Force PVR IPTV simple to reload from the utilities. That should get you a bit closer. After you have had some success with the auto tuned channels you can work or creating channels based on playlists or add-ons. Let me know how you make out
Hi JCTennis, 

Unfortunately still nothing. When I go to Autotune, it shows that there are 3 auto channels created. However, I cannot view any programming associated with them. When I force PVR IPTV simple to reload, it says it reloads successfully but there is no interface with content. It jus shows the "utilities" option.
There is no interface. It works with the iptvsimple pvr backend. You would view the channels through the native Kodi PVR EPG. You would view that using the native Estuary skin by navigating to TV on the menu to the left then scrolling over to the right until you have highlighted guide. That will open the EPG. You can also open it with a keyboard shortcut, which if my memory serves me is "E"
(2021-06-10, 23:25)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 23:21)tvuser3432 Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 02:35)jctennis Wrote: It seems to me that you haven't created any channels. Go ahead and open the settings when all the processes are finished running and go to the auto tune section. Select a few channels. Try different types and see what you like. After you save everything, it takes a little while to build the channels. Again, I find restarting Kodi helps with this as PTVL will go through its initializing processes again. After everything is done building and updating choose Force PVR IPTV simple to reload from the utilities. That should get you a bit closer. After you have had some success with the auto tuned channels you can work or creating channels based on playlists or add-ons. Let me know how you make out
Hi JCTennis, 

There is no interface. It works with the iptvsimple pvr backend. You would view the channels through the native Kodi PVR EPG. You would view that using the native Estuary skin by navigating to TV on the menu to the left then scrolling over to the right until you have highlighted guide. That will open the EPG. You can also open it with a keyboard shortcut, which if my memory serves me is "E"
Hi JCTennis,

Thanks for that clarification, it seems to be working now! I accessed it through the "TV" section on the interface. On my previous Kodi 18.x install, I access the EPG directly through PseudoTV. 

Does the TV section within Kodi populate without Pseudo TV? Is this a new workflow for PseudoTV or have I been using it incorrectly for the past year?

Thanks again for all of your help.
(2021-06-10, 23:58)tvuser3432 Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 23:25)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 23:21)tvuser3432 Wrote: Hi JCTennis, 

Hi JCTennis,

Thanks for that clarification, it seems to be working now! I accessed it through the "TV" section on the interface. On my previous Kodi 18.x install, I access the EPG directly through PseudoTV. 

Does the TV section within Kodi populate without Pseudo TV? Is this a new workflow for PseudoTV or have I been using it incorrectly for the past year?

Thanks again for all of your help.

As I've previously stated, this new version of PTVL is a brand new animal entirely. Really they are only the same project in name only. Lunatixz build the new PTVL to be more like a built in Kodi process as opposed to the old one which kind of stood on its own.

As for the TV section, Kodi needs a PVR backend for that to populate. In this case it is IPTVSIMPLE and PTVL is creating the playlist and epg file that IPTVSIMPLE is reading and serving to you. There are other PVR backends that can connect to software like tvheadend or mythtv.

You and anyone else wishing to use this addon should familiarize yourself with Kodi's PVR system, although that is a bit more than I am able to explain here. This is a good resource: https://kodi.wiki/view/PVR

Not that anyone new to the project will likely find this post buried this far down, but IMHO the following topics should be considered required reading before jumping in:

https://kodi.wiki/view/PVR
https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp.../README.md

I would also recommend reading up on IPTV so you understand what an m3u and an xmtv file is and how they work so you can get an idea of what PTVL is doing in the background. To oversimplify Instead of pointing to an internet video stream PTVL is pointing to a command to play a specific video in your library at a specific time just as if a live channel was streaming those files 24/7.

This is beta software and to get the most out of this addon, you must be fairly knowledgeable about the ins and outs of Kodi. You can always DM me too. I'll try and help as best as I can when I have the time. (FYI, I have nothing to do with this project. I'm just a heavy user and abuser myself and I've already found plenty of ways to break it so I probably have mad the same mistake you are making already [emoji6])
(2021-06-06, 01:48)jctennis Wrote: @Lunatixz I installed the Tubi tv addon from your beta repo and added some channels that are just one show each. The shows populated just fine and the duration looks to be fine but it is just showing Content Path in the EPG instead of the show name as would be expected. 

I don't see this behavior using the "Recommend Channels" import... which channels do you see this issue with? FYI; To my knowledge, this "bug" is limited to manually created plugin channels that use the t1m common module as a dependency (in this case tubitv).
(2021-06-11, 18:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-06-06, 01:48)jctennis Wrote: @Lunatixz I installed the Tubi tv addon from your beta repo and added some channels that are just one show each. The shows populated just fine and the duration looks to be fine but it is just showing Content Path in the EPG instead of the show name as would be expected. 

I don't see this behavior using the "Recommend Channels" import... which channels do you see this issue with? FYI; To my knowledge, this "bug" is limited to manually created plugin channels that use the t1m common module as a dependency (in this case tubitv).
It was manually created channels based upon one TV show each. I can't imagine you would want to add those to the recommend section because there would be literally THOUSANDS of options [emoji23].

Here is my use case, in my effort to pass the wife test I need to have a bunch of murder shows available for her (what is it with people and wanting to hear stories about real life serial killers and murderers?) But simply choosing Crime TV for Tubi doesn't exactly do it because in my experience the default channel behavior does not shuffle the shows up in any way and more or less seems to play all of the first listed series, then all of the second listed series and so on and so forth. I also have no way of excluding shows from that channel because they have to be about real murders and not fictional ones for some reason (I am afraid she watches Forensic Files so much so she knows how to get away with it when she inevitably kills me in my sleep.) I assume both of those problems will be able to be solved when advanced channel rules are fully implemented but this was my attempted workaround for the time being.

Just thinking out loud here, but what I really wish is that I could use an add-on to add these shows from Tubi, Crackle, Pluto and the like to my kodi library as strm files and just create smart playlists. However no add-on exists that I am aware of that can do that and actually can provide the duration information with an .nfo file or something so PTVL is able to use it. If anyone is aware of one, please correct me on that.
(2021-06-11, 20:50)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 18:57)Lunatixz Wrote:

It was manually created channels based upon one TV show each. I can't imagine you would want to add those to the recommend section because there would be literally THOUSANDS of options [emoji23].

Here is my use case, in my effort to pass the wife test I need to have a bunch of murder shows available for her (what is it with people and wanting to hear stories about real life serial killers and murderers?) But simply choosing Crime TV for Tubi doesn't exactly do it because in my experience the default channel behavior does not shuffle the shows up in any way and more or less seems to play all of the first listed series, then all of the second listed series and so on and so forth. I also have no way of excluding shows from that channel because they have to be about real murders and not fictional ones for some reason (I am afraid she watches Forensic Files so much so she knows how to get away with it when she inevitably kills me in my sleep.) I assume both of those problems will be able to be solved when advanced channel rules are fully implemented but this was my attempted workaround for the time being.

Just thinking out loud here, but what I really wish is that I could use an add-on to add these shows from Tubi, Crackle, Pluto and the like to my kodi library as strm files and just create smart playlists. However no add-on exists that I am aware of that can do that and actually can provide the duration information with an .nfo file or something so PTVL is able to use it. If anyone is aware of one, please correct me on that.

Unfortunately, any plugins that use the t1m module will have these issues regardless of how you use them... generate strm's, skin widgets, PseudoTV... it has to do with the way this module provides information to Kodis VFS. I do not plan to rewrite TubiTV, only to simply revive the old project.

For your use case, I would create a node that links to all the plugin paths you want to include and choose random sort... again, this won't fix plugins that use the t1m module; however, it will pool your "murder shows" into a random list.
(2021-06-11, 21:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 20:50)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-06-11, 18:57)Lunatixz Wrote: I don't see this behavior using the "Recommend Channels" import... which channels do you see this issue with? FYI; To my knowledge, this "bug" is limited to manually created plugin channels that use the t1m common module as a dependency (in this case tubitv).

Unfortunately, any plugins that use the t1m module will have these issues regardless of how you use them... generate strm's, skin widgets, PseudoTV... it has to do with the way this module provides information to Kodis VFS. I do not plan to rewrite TubiTV, only to simply revive the old project.

For your use case, I would create a node that links to all the plugin paths you want to include and choose random sort... again, this won't fix plugins that use the t1m module; however, it will pool your "murder shows" into a random list.

I didn't even think of using a node. That is brilliant! Thanks for that.
Hello Everyone!

Long time lurker and had to finally sign up as I'm struggling for the past 3 days.

To start I couldn't get any channels to load so I purchased tinymediamanager as I could not get kodi to add runtime/duration to my nfo's and the scraping didn't seem to work to my liking as nothing showed up. I now have both tags in my nfo's and PseudoTV Live finds all my shows. Pre-defined channels work great, don't seem to see any missing through my trials, just adding commercials and all the toppings now.

However Under certain networks I have some shows I would not like to show so I tried to create custom channels. Not sure what is going on but it seems custom may not be finding my proper DIRECTORY. The reason I say this is because Pre-defined all my shows under BBC One show up, but when I try to create the custom channel for it the channel will not load. The error below makes me think that is not the proper format for my location as the second time I started clean the error log only contained \\ instead of \\\\\. To be clear my location should be F:\TV-ENDED\Atlantis 2013\Season.1\  and not what it shows below.

https://paste.kodi.tv/kixabeqube.kodi

Now I know the error log shows runtime=0 so skipping, but when I use the Pre-defined channel BBC One everything scans and loads fine and this is why I think the user defined channel setting is not finding my proper directory hence the runtime=0......I'm probably way off but I need some direction please as I would really love to use the user-defined section. Thanks

Lunatixz Thank you. Great Add-on.
I'm going to start pushing semi-stable builds between stable repository releases; user who wishes to use these builds will need to manually download and install the zip's found here: https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Liv...udotv.live

If you are seeking the latest fixes, features and are okay with the possibility something may break; please participate...
(2021-06-17, 18:52)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm going to start pushing semi-stable builds between stable repository releases; user who wishes to use these builds will need to manually download and install the zip's found here: https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Liv...udotv.live

If you are seeking the latest fixes, features and are okay with the possibility something may break; please participate...
On it. I'm not super versed with GitHub. Anyone know a way to set up some type of notification for when new zips are published?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4