• 32(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
I have created an exploded group of Library->TV Shows->Genres but when I select a TV Show from the widget is dumps me into the MyPrograms.xml Add-on section and not the expected MyVideoNav.xml Video library.
(2021-07-30, 19:06)roidy Wrote: Quick question if I have a group of say 10 widget paths and 4 widgets on my skin all set to that same group is there any way to prevent duplicate widget paths from being used? For example my first and second widget may end up choosing the same path from the group.

This should already be happening. During refresh, we loop through the widgets and try to pick a path that hasn't been picked yet in that particular refresh cycle.
(2021-07-31, 09:15)roidy Wrote: I have created an exploded group of Library->TV Shows->Genres but when I select a TV Show from the widget is dumps me into the MyPrograms.xml Add-on section and not the expected MyVideoNav.xml Video library.

I'm working on library paths being more correct, but it's proving a bit tricky unfortunately Undecided
(2021-07-31, 15:59)drinfernoo Wrote: This should already be happening. During refresh, we loop through the widgets and try to pick a path that hasn't been picked yet in that particular refresh cycle.

I think the problem was due to me using an older dev version with out realising it, I've updated to the latest release and now when I create a widgets from the same group I get duplicates for the first couple of refreshes then it seem to work fine and I get no more duplicates.
Quote:I'm working on library paths being more correct, but it's proving a bit tricky unfortunately Undecided

No problem I can just give the user the option to set the content type manually in my skins widget set up options.

Awesome add-on by the way really brings a skin to life Big Grin
Does Auto Widget become broken when whole Kodi Build is transfered to another device same as IPTV Simple Client Add-on?

I made fresh Kodi build on PC including just couple Add-ons like YouTube, Auto Widget and PVR IPTV Simple.

I made Widgets for IPTV within Submenu thanks to Auto Widget. But the Widgets are not opening after I transfered Kodi from PC to Android.

I then deleted Auto Widget and wiped all data, installed it again and configured it again but this time directly on Android. But Widgets are still not opening JUST because the Kodi was initially configured on PC.

What can cause this? Some dependency Add-on? I really don't want to configure whole Kodi 19 again on Android, I want working widgets on both PC and Android.
@ArcticBeast Given all the issues you are seeing I would just reinstall any non-working addons from their respective repos. Copying over addons from different platforms is never a good idea, but if you copy the userdata your settings from the old platform will remain anyway, so it doesn't take much time.

EDIT - I see you have already tried reinstalling and are still having issues, chances are skinshortcuts or guisettings got screwed up along the way. If I were you I'd just nuke the whole thing and start from scratch to ensure everything is working properly, shouldn't take you more than an hour or two and you will save time in the long run having a working system.
(2021-08-13, 23:24)ArcticBeast Wrote: Does Auto Widget become broken when whole Kodi Build is transfered to another device same as IPTV Simple Client Add-on?

I made fresh Kodi build on PC including just couple Add-ons like YouTube, Auto Widget and PVR IPTV Simple.

I made Widgets for IPTV within Submenu thanks to Auto Widget. But the Widgets are not opening after I transfered Kodi from PC to Android.

I then deleted Auto Widget and wiped all data, installed it again and configured it again but this time directly on Android. But Widgets are still not opening JUST because the Kodi was initially configured on PC.

What can cause this? Some dependency Add-on? I really don't want to configure whole Kodi 19 again on Android, I want working widgets on both PC and Android.

I imagine the issue is actually because of IPTV Simple Client... if it isn't able to load, then AutoWidget will have no items to load either.
(2021-08-14, 16:23)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-08-13, 23:24)ArcticBeast Wrote: Does Auto Widget become broken when whole Kodi Build is transfered to another device same as IPTV Simple Client Add-on?

I imagine the issue is actually because of IPTV Simple Client... if it isn't able to load, then AutoWidget will have no items to load either.
Also, it will likely fall over because the assigned channel id's won't match between the two systems.
@ArcticBeast

I got tired of IPTV Simple messing with my setup too so instead I use IPTV Merge https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340691 to organise my channels and only use IPTV Simple to display them.

There is also some discussion in the IPTV Merge thread about exactly which links to use in your skin (or eg: in AutoWidget) to help prevent them from breaking, either across different installs or just over time.

Check the IPTV Merge thread, it may help you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Nevermind Wink
Hey everyone, I've just pushed the 3.4.0 update! This brings a host of fixes for the caching mechanism, as well as background caching for future paths in your cycles and pages, etc... Hopefully things should be working quite a bit smoother now Smile
ive been struggling to get autowidget to refresh my widgets, i followed the tutorial made by OP on youtube by step i also tried with diffrent skins Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection and Cosmic as well as different video addons but the content never seem to refresh when i click on the context menu refresh widget
(2021-09-08, 00:55)dede110 Wrote: ive been struggling to get autowidget to refresh my widgets, i followed the tutorial made by OP on youtube by step i also tried with diffrent skins Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection and Cosmic as well as different video addons but the content never seem to refresh when i click on the context menu refresh widget

Are they cycling widgets? Do the groups have more than one path in them? Did you choose more than one path to cycle when you pointed the widget? Are you using the "Force Refresh Widgets" feature, or the "Refresh Widget" option on an item in the widget?
(2021-09-08, 17:10)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-09-08, 00:55)dede110 Wrote: ive been struggling to get autowidget to refresh my widgets, i followed the tutorial made by OP on youtube by step i also tried with diffrent skins Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection and Cosmic as well as different video addons but the content never seem to refresh when i click on the context menu refresh widget

Are they cycling widgets? Do the groups have more than one path in them? Did you choose more than one path to cycle when you pointed the widget? Are you using the "Force Refresh Widgets" feature, or the "Refresh Widget" option on an item in the widget?

hey! yes theyre cycling widgets, i have experienced with goupd with more than one path as well as a single one, i have chosen one path to cycle when pointing the widget, ive used both force and refresh from the option in the main menu. i made this video to show the process of making the autowidgets on a fresh kodi 19 install with only autowidget and TMDB helper addons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHCdC_Lp...dartiukaml
(2021-09-09, 00:26)dede110 Wrote:
(2021-09-08, 17:10)drinfernoo Wrote:

hey! yes theyre cycling widgets, i have experienced with goupd with more than one path as well as a single one, i have chosen one path to cycle when pointing the widget, ive used both force and refresh from the option in the main menu. i made this video to show the process of making the autowidgets on a fresh kodi 19 install with only autowidget and TMDB helper addons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHCdC_Lp...dartiukaml

You only added one path to the group, so there's nothing for it to change to.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1