Linux Are flatpaks more stable??
I have been using Manjaro for about 2 years. The first year I was using packages from repositories and Manjaro felt unstable. I had to reboot pc regularly to “fix” things and I reinstalled Manjaro 2 times in that time. After that I started using flatpaks for everything. I even uninstalled preinstalled apps and installed flatpak versions instead. I have had zero problems since. Steam is the only thing that is not installed as flatpak, for obvious reasons.
Does anybody else have similar experience?
I'm kind of considering moving to Solus. The only reason I was using Manjaro was AUR, but I have only one package installed from there, and I barely use it.
(2021-09-09, 08:12)Halina789 Wrote: I have been using Manjaro for about 2 years. The first year I was using packages from repositories and Manjaro felt unstable.

Where in your whole story does Kodi become relevant? Team Kodi does not offer flatpak applications.
Perhaps visiting the Manjaro forum(s) and/or IRC channels will help you out.

This thread will moved to the off-topic section for now.
Nothing to do with Kodi but from personal experience they are no more or less stable. All they really are is a single package with everything the software needs rather than relying on shared libraries and such. Upside is it should always work on any system that can run the flatpak daemon. Downside is it makes it more Windows like. For many linux folk that is unforgivable. Not quite as dramatic as the whole systemd argument but it can lead to heated discussions.

Use what works. If you need to use something less popular to accomplish your goal then go for it. It's your system. Don't let people make you think either way. Do what you need to do to get done what you need to get done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are flatpaks more stable??0