• 210(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Hi, Is there a guide for recommended settings? To get the best performance, (like nvidia shield guide)
Thanks.
(2021-07-04, 05:54)KaBoS Wrote: Hi, Is there a guide for recommended settings? To get the best performance, (like nvidia shield guide)
Thanks.

I asked this up there too and no one piped up. Through the experience of Kodi users on this forum, I am sure people have discovered the optimal settings configuration. Would be nice if they could share their wisdom.
Hello everyone! I was thinking of setting up an HTPC to run videos, movies in general in 4K HDR MKV / x.265 / x264 / H.265 / HEVC and other types.

But I was thinking of having something more compact. Can Xiaomi Mi Box S run these files in 4k HDR? I know it has a USB port, it would be played via PenDrive. I need to be sure, so I will buy.

Thank you very much
(2020-10-28, 02:41)mrkalpakkam Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 08:14)weejaya Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 01:29)mrkalpakkam Wrote: If the bootloader is not updated, you can push the oreo firmware zip file via adb. Mostly bootloader might have been updated during pie update - in that case, you can't downgrade. If the firmware says beta, you may be able to downgrade.

Pie update via OTA, supposed to be official, is there anyway to check the bootloader?where can i get the Oreo zip file?
many thanks
Check this thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...e-t3737186
This has some info on how to downgrade OS. Most likely you can't downgrade bootloader as Oreo and Pie updates have locked bootloaders. This may brick the mibox so I won't recommend.
What you can safely try is get the oreo firmware from the mediafire link in the above xda thread and try to update it via usb in bootloader mode. Instructions are in that thread. If it takes, it means same bootloader - you are good. If it is not, then no way to downgrade unless you find some hardware hack to downgrade.
Last week android pie was automatically without my consent and my mibox 3 was upgraded to pie and so lost dts-hd capability using kodi. But I found the following steps in a different forum and by following this, downgraded to oreo 8. Make sure you follow the step below before connecting to internet, so mibox won't push pie update again.
Requirements:
USB-A to USB-A cable, Mibox 3, Mibox 3 original remote, FAT32 formatted usb drive

Preparation:
Download 2562 firmware, mdz16ab img file and amlogic usb tool from the link below
https://disk.yandex.com/d/RnN2hz_IUEMOSg?w=1

Factory reset mibox and turn it off
Rename 2562 firmware to update.zip and put it in root folder of usb
create xiaomi_update text file with no extension and add the line below in the file, save and put it in root folder of usb
--update_package =/udisk/update.zip

Step 1:
connect usb drive with the above two files and connect it to TV, keep pressing ok and back buttons in the remote while powering on mibox
keep pressing until you see installing update screen and release them
It will restart few times and you will see android logo
you have successfully downgraded to oreo.

If it is stuck at "MI" screen, then follow step 2 below.

Step 2:
Power off mibox, remove the usb drive and connect it to a pc with usb a to usb a cable.
Install amlogic usb tool in the pc downloaded from above link
Open it and go to file -> import image -> choose mdz16ab img file
Check erase flash in the right configuration window, choose normal erase
Uncheck all other options in the right configuration window (erase bootloader, reset etc.)
Click start and then power on the connected mibox while pressing ok and back buttons in the remote
Keep pressing until you see the image flashing in the amlogic yellow window and release it
Once flashing is complete, Click stop in amlogic tool, power off the mibox.
Go to step 1 and repeat the process - the downgrade will work now

Prevent pie automatic update:
Do not connect mibox via ethernet or wifi.
Connect the mibox with the pc through usb cable
Go to settings and enable developer options by clicking build number multiple times
Enable usb debugging and mtp mode usb connection
type adb devices in cmd in the path you downloaded adb
click trust in the popup window that will show up in mibox
if you see unauthorized, type adb devices again after trusting the pc
you will see adb device
get a file explorer and install via adb
open the file explorer - connect a usb drive with large files.
Check the mibox storage and make sure the free space is preferably 300 mb or less. 
Now connect to internet and add google account. It won't be able to update it to pie
If you attach any usb drives in the future, make sure you don't choose it as device storage.

Good luck!
Benq HT3550 | Denon X4700H | Atmos 7.2.4 & DTS:X | Sony UBP X800M2 | Firetv 4k Max
Denon S760H | Sony HX800 | Mibox V3 | Pioneer BDP140 | Apple TV 4k
Oh, I wonder if ethernet will work trough usb to ethernet adapter.
(2021-08-12, 15:48)mirai308 Wrote: Oh, I wonder if ethernet will work trough usb to ethernet adapter.
yes it will but need to get the correct one
Hi, Is there any solution to work auto refresh rate on netflix ?.
Anyone facing any audio dropouts while playing Dolby digital plus videos from Amazon Prime Video and Kodi. I am getting audio dropouts for a second after downgrade around 10 dropouts for a 2 hour movie. I have updated my Box to android 9 and no audio dropouts have been observed for the same movie. My setup is mi box connected to AV receiver and to TV.
(2019-06-17, 07:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Xiaomi is still doing bug fixing testing it seems...

Beta Build 2573 dropped this morning with:

- better USB adapter support
- security updates
- general bug fixes and stability improvements

The big one is there are no longer any DD+ audio dropouts when using 5.1 audio passthrough with Netflix and Kodi Apps.

Can you please ping me the 2573 build link for Mi Box 3, I have downgraded my Mi Box to Android 8 from 9 and I am on build 2562 getting audio dropouts
Also interested in the beta. My device got updated and additionally to the known audio capabilities lost, I also lost support for the usb - ethernet adapter I use.
Hi. I have mi box s. I had in on 1080p tv. Yesterday i bought an LG 4k hdr (not oled). I don't know what resolution to put in Mi box s. I see 2k/4k 30hz 50hz 60 hz. What resolution should i put? Also what color space settings? Deep color enabled or disabled? In my new tv in hdmi settings i already enabled deep color hdmi because i want hdr support. The main problem is that even if i put in Mi box S settings 2k/4k 60hz resolution, in Kodi -- system -- skin resolution i can see only 1080p resolution (not 4k). Also in whitelist there is no 4k resolution but only up to 1080p. Why? A friend of mine has Nvidia Shield and the skin resolution is normal 4k and in whitelist 4k. What should i do??
(2021-10-13, 22:45)magkaki Wrote: Hi. I have mi box s. I had in on 1080p tv. Yesterday i bought an LG 4k hdr (not oled). I don't know what resolution to put in Mi box s. I see 2k/4k 30hz 50hz 60 hz. What resolution should i put? Also what color space settings? Deep color enabled or disabled? In my new tv in hdmi settings i already enabled deep color hdmi because i want hdr support. The main problem is that even if i put in Mi box S settings 2k/4k 60hz resolution, in Kodi -- system -- skin resolution i can see only 1080p resolution (not 4k). Also in whitelist there is no 4k resolution but only up to 1080p. Why? A friend of mine has Nvidia Shield and the skin resolution is normal 4k and in whitelist 4k. What should i do??

Also wondering about this. Never been able to get 4k playback, even with framerate switching enabled. Am I doing anything wrong or is true 4k playback just not possible ATM?
(2021-10-13, 22:45)magkaki Wrote: Hi. I have mi box s. I had in on 1080p tv. Yesterday i bought an LG 4k hdr (not oled). I don't know what resolution to put in Mi box s. I see 2k/4k 30hz 50hz 60 hz. What resolution should i put? Also what color space settings? Deep color enabled or disabled? In my new tv in hdmi settings i already enabled deep color hdmi because i want hdr support. The main problem is that even if i put in Mi box S settings 2k/4k 60hz resolution, in Kodi -- system -- skin resolution i can see only 1080p resolution (not 4k). Also in whitelist there is no 4k resolution but only up to 1080p. Why? A friend of mine has Nvidia Shield and the skin resolution is normal 4k and in whitelist 4k. What should i do??
I use 4k 60 when directly connecting to my 4k 60 fps capable Samsung tv. Deep Color is enabled.
maybe test with another cable / tv.
New os update. Installed without problems (I have the model  previous to the Mibox S). Some people on reddit were saying theirs got stuck on boot loop.

I'm surprised we still get updates after all these years. Props to Xiaomi
Hi,
I am having issue with 2562 build with audio dropouts. Can someone PM me where to download the Build 2573 please? 

Thank you!
  • 210(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21