• 28(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-10-15, 11:13)Buschel Wrote: A technical question: While working on the separated Radio/TV menus and the latest artist view mode I figured out that for PVR recordings you can also filter for non-watched and watched recordings. The current Remote App version will always show all recordings as not watched as the property "playcount" is not taken into account and is always assumed to be zero.
This is a bug.
No! It works also well with the current App version 2632. I think it might be related to the TV client in use. At least with tvheadend (I guess the industry standard) everything is already fine.
Please, never touch a running system Wink
(2021-10-15, 14:30)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Please, never touch a running system Wink

There's no chance than to change when adding new stuff Smile

This was another example of assumptions being the mother of all fxxx-ups. I was assuming I didn´t change "playcount" treatment with the TV/Radio split. But I did, right with the first commit. Thanks for your response, now the path is clear.
Wink 
(2021-10-15, 15:36)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-10-15, 14:30)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Please, never touch a running system Wink

There's no chance than to change when adding new stuff Smile

This was another example of assumptions being the mother of all fxxx-ups. I was assuming I didn´t change "playcount" treatment with the TV/Radio split. But I did, right with the first commit. Thanks for your response, now the path is clear.
Good to know! Please keep up the good work.
1.8.2 Build 2661
Release Notes

With 1.8.2 we will introduce a set of new features. The first 1.8.2 build therefore has several bugfixes, but also new features and optimizations. Details and screenshot preview you can find when following the links to PullRequests on the Release Notes page. Main changes in this version are the support for clearlogos in the artist and album view, and UI optimizations (1-click access to remote and NowPlaying screen from nearly all submenus, layout/color changes for section headers).

More to come: Yet to be merged are some more optimizations (layout and readability of NowPlaying screen) and features (Radio/TV/Videos main menus, ability to filter for artists and album artists).
Hi @Buschel,
a "small" feature request:
Would it be a big effort to suppress or allow the suppression via a configuration setting of ANY data that is not available for a specific item?
Currently these are often, but (for some reason) not always, shown as

NAME
-

Others, like trailers for movies, are already not shown. The rating display is another thing I find disturbing, if no rating is provided by the Kodi server.

Example:

Thanks for consideration!
Ulf
(2021-10-21, 19:54)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Would it be a big effort to suppress or allow the suppression via a configuration setting of ANY data that is not available for a specific item?

Others, like trailers for movies, are already not shown. The rating display is another thing I find disturbing, if no rating is provided by the Kodi server.
This is debatable. Of course it is possible to change the behaviour, but I also like the consistency of showing which content is possible to show -- even though it might not be provided right now. Users might for example not be aware they need to use a certain scraper to fill the data which currently shows as "-".

What for makes sense is to review the specialized views. Your example looks like a recording details screen, which -- as you rightly mention -- does not have all the details which a movie detail view provides. Possibly there are some more attributes not really available for this type.

What I am generally not satisfied with the handling of ratings. On one hand we only make visible the ratings (provided by the scrapers), but not the userratings. On the other hand the Remote App allows to increase/decrease the userrating for music files, but I never saw ratings provided for music files or music videos. But this requires a lot more thoughts.
1.8.2 build 2715
Release Notes

Next set of changes merged. This version adds translation updates via Weblate, a few bugfixes and optimizations, some internal maintenance and a rework of the NowPlaying screen (now automatically scaling and positioning the text items for different screen sizes). Screenshots and details can be found when following the links to the PullRequests in the Release Notes.
(2021-10-22, 08:06)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 19:54)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Would it be a big effort to suppress or allow the suppression via a configuration setting of ANY data that is not available for a specific item?

This is debatable. Of course it is possible to change the behaviour, but I also like the consistency of showing which content is possible to show -- even though it might not be provided right now. Users might for example not be aware they need to use a certain scraper to fill the data which currently shows as "-".
It is in fact anything else currently but never consistent Sad
There is so much more contents possible, but already only shown when in fact present, like e.g. Parental Rating or Trailer for movies. When these are missing, they are simply completely suppressed. Why are these treated differently?
And then there is other meta content never shown in the App, like Composer or Conductor or Comment for music files. Instead, there is a Description shown, which is in fact only available from some scrapers, but never from a music file’s metadata. I don’t like the idea to have additional metadata outside of my music files - especially just for one strange Description field.
That’s why I thought it might be a good idea to have the option to let the end user decide, depending on his or her preferences or the way his or her media library is set up, to either show or suppress empty fields.

Schönes Wochenende
Ulf
(2021-10-22, 18:18)UlfSchmidt Wrote: It is in fact anything else currently but never consistent Sad
There is so much more contents possible, but already only shown when in fact present, like e.g. Parental Rating or Trailer for movies. When these are missing, they are simply completely suppressed. Why are these treated differently?
Just looked at the code which is handling this. It is a nasty piece of code -- even the originator added a comment on this code needing rework. Lots of conditions and special treatments. And you are right, there are some items hidden, if there is no data. But most of them are not hidden in such case. Also, as I mentioned, there are several different "base" configurations of what is shown, where it is shown and how much space is given, which depend on the type of item (recording, movie, artist, album, ...). Some bigger future task...
(2021-10-23, 10:20)Buschel Wrote: Some bigger future task...
Could not keep my fingers off this. Wink

I reworked and refactored a lot, also for hopefully easier maintenance in future. The code now first sets all contents, then checks if it should be hidden, and then always follows the same layout rules (e.g. padding, line spacing and sich). This looks much more consistent than before. When now comparing the old and new behaviour side-by-side (simulator and my iPhone) it becomes obvious how many issues were addressed by this (e.g. plots or descriptions not fully visible or available recording infos not shown). And, @UlfSchmidt, you were right: the screen looks a lot more sorted when empty items are just hidden. As a by-product I could also fix a few other issues (e.g. jewel case shown in Live TV broadcast details view).
Big Grin 
(2021-10-24, 16:54)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 10:20)Buschel Wrote: Some bigger future task...
Could not keep my fingers off this. Wink

I reworked and refactored a lot, also for hopefully easier maintenance in future. The code now first sets all contents, then checks if it should be hidden, and then always follows the same layout rules (e.g. padding, line spacing and sich). This looks much more consistent than before. When now comparing the old and new behaviour side-by-side (simulator and my iPhone) it becomes obvious how many issues were addressed by this (e.g. plots or descriptions not fully visible or available recording infos not shown). And, @UlfSchmidt, you were right: the screen looks a lot more sorted when empty items are just hidden. As a by-product I could also fix a few other issues (e.g. jewel case shown in Live TV broadcast details view).
Wow! Such good news (and once again impressed by your performance and dedication) - now eagerly waiting for these changes to become part of the TestFlight version of the App.
(2021-10-24, 17:24)UlfSchmidt Wrote: now eagerly waiting for these changes to become part of the TestFlight version of the App.
Previews can be seen in github (PR#438).
1.8.2 build 2739
Release Notes

Adding few translations, some optimization for Navigation Bar font size and an improvement of usability of the mute button on iPad. Main change is the introduction of separate TV and Radio menus. The latter needs some more testing with your setups. It will be great, if you can state your test result/experience and name your Kodi version and the PVR add-on used.
Hi @Buschel,
with Kodi Matrix 19.3 and the official Tvheadend plug-in no problems whatsoever so far. Thank you also for the introduction of the "pull down and update" functionality for TV recordings, which also worked flawlessly during all of my tests. A much appreciated addition.

Due to the lack of any Radio set-up I cannot tell you anything about it except that I could disable it in the settings successfully and that now any radio related options are in fact gone. This is something I like either.

Now lets give your other pending modifications a go! Thanks and use the rainy weekend to the outmost extent possible. Wink

Ulf
I really like the new separation of TV and radio. It’s overdue for some years, compared to when this feature was introduced in Kodi.

What also should be fixed is to separate between timers (planned recordings) and timer rules. Currently there is only timers, mixing rules and timers in one view, nothing a user can work with.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0