• 22(current)
Release HBO Max
@alfredohs
a user would need to translate it
https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.ad...s/language
and then pull request against that repo

@Paco8
i suspect the issue is due to the xml parsing (using ElementTree) done by pycaption uses fromstring
which loads the entire xml into memory. i'd need to write my own parser that reads in chunks (like my IPTV Merge)
The play url errors you were getting should be fixed with v0.6.5
(2021-10-27, 21:59)matthuisman Wrote: @Paco8
i suspect the issue is due to the xml parsing (using ElementTree) done by pycaption uses fromstring
which loads the entire xml into memory. i'd need to write my own parser that reads in chunks (like my IPTV Merge)

Yes, the play errors are fixed in 0.6.5.

The CPU usage problem gets fixed for me with this change:
python:
--- plugin.py-orig    2021-10-28 16:19:28.967382969 +0200
+++ plugin.py    2021-10-28 16:19:38.303453297 +0200
@@ -605,7 +605,7 @@
             else:
                 _type = 'sub'

-            row['url'] = '{base_url}/t/sub/{language}_{type}.xml'.format(base_url=base_url, language=row['language'], type=_type)
+            row['url'] = '{base_url}/t/sub/{language}_{type}.vtt'.format(base_url=base_url, language=row['language'], type=_type)
             log.debug('Generated subtitle url: {}'.format(row['url']))

item.subtitles.append({'url': row['url'], 'language': row['language'], 'forced': _type == 'forced', 'impaired': _type == 'sdh'})
Oh nice. I didn't know HBO also supplied vtt subs. Converting them doesn't use the xml parser so much quicker and less CPU. Ill push changes in a few hours.

These are all hopefully temporary workarounds until inputstream adaptive supports subs a bit better

UPDATE: 
v0.6.6 just pushed
this now uses the vtt subs

I also updated my proxy code to "fix" subtitle languages. Basically, if the language is es-ES, Kodi won't auto select it if your default is spanish
So I change it to be "es". Now if your default subtitle or audio language is set to Spanish - it should correctly choose the audio and subs
It works great now. Thank you.
(2021-10-28, 18:55)matthuisman Wrote: UPDATE: 
v0.6.6 just pushed
this now uses the vtt subs
Thanks for a great addon!
Is it possible to adjust how the subtitles are displayed on screen? I mean things like position, color, font etc.
This addon is already an improvement to the original HBO app as that it has the subtitles way too high on the screen and at times even on top of the people talking, but being able to adjust them a little bit to one's preferences would be great.
Disregard the previous question. I just realized that the font settings come from Kodi settings and can be edited on "expert mode".
Great to hear you got it sorted. Even more subtitle options are coming in Kodi 20.

Always great to hear when users like the Kodi addon more than official apps!
(2021-10-27, 21:59)matthuisman Wrote: @alfredohs

@Paco8

I've done a pull request of spanish translation.
But, on the original hbo max application the movie titles appears in spanish and not in the kodi addon.
As you know, in spain most titled are translated to spanish.
Maybe you can add an option to retrieve from hbo the spanish titles and not the english ones.
I think I found a small problem. If the option "HBO Max Sync Playback" is enabled then the movie/episode is never marked as watched in the kodi listing, unless I do it manually.
(2021-10-31, 12:47)espinosa.ivan Wrote:
(2021-10-27, 21:59)matthuisman Wrote: @alfredohs

@Paco8

I've done a pull request of spanish translation.
But, on the original hbo max application the movie titles appears in spanish and not in the kodi addon.
As you know, in spain most titled are translated to spanish.
Maybe you can add an option to retrieve from hbo the spanish titles and not the english ones.
Hello, I have seen that you have translated it into Spanish, does this implementation have to be done by the programmer or can each user be set manually?
Greetings
Alfred
0.6.9 just pushed.

should have better translation / language support now. thanks @espinosa.ivan
Spanish should be completely translated as well as movie names / descriptions etc

@Paco8
just pushed 0.7.0 - try that
Syncing watched status with HBO is pretty hard as they have no concept of watched.
So what I did was grab the progress and if its more than 90 percent, ill mark as watched
I configured kodi to use English as default preferred audio language (in the kodi settings, player, language). The option "default playback language" in the hbo max addon was also set to "en". But after upgrading to 0.7.0 I noticed that it plays now by default using the Spanish track. I think I fixed it by setting the option "default audio" in the addon settings to "en" as well.
However what's the difference with the option "default playback language"?
Shouldn't the addon just use the default preferred audio language from the kodi settings?
(2021-11-01, 01:17)matthuisman Wrote: 0.6.9 just pushed.

should have better translation / language support now. thanks @espinosa.ivan
Spanish should be completely translated as well as movie names / descriptions etc

@Paco8
just pushed 0.7.0 - try that
Syncing watched status with HBO is pretty hard as they have no concept of watched.
So what I did was grab the progress and if its more than 90 percent, ill mark as watched

Thanks for your effort. Now it works as a perfect Spanish adapted version. If someone notice any translation error or better translation fell free to contact me.

Thanks again
@Paco8
This is because HBO advises a default audio selection which the addon respects.
When your in Spanish language - they advise to default to Spanish audio.
If you try on website, you'll get the same

If you want the Original language used, set Kodi > settings > player > Language > preferred audio language > Original Language
(the default is Media default)

Or, as you found for my add-on you can overwrite the media default by using the Default Audio setting.
That allows you to keep the kodi setting as default if you want.

Default Playback Language is something different.
On some content, there is multiple versions of a movie available in different languages.
Without a default set here, it would show a dialog asking which version you want.

UPDATE:
0.7.1 just pushed.
This adds "Default Subtitle" setting as well.
You can also now use original for default audio or default subtitle and the original language will be set as default.

So, for Spanish speaker who wants original audio, you would use
Default Audio: original
Default Subtitle: es

With those settings, es subs will automatically be enabled
Many thanks for this great add on. In my geographic zone is very useful to select the best quality!

Nevertheless I would like to ask two things:
Regarding the default subtitles, in my geographic zone some shows have english subtitles and other have spanish subtitles but no english subtitles. My preference is to have english subtitles, but if there is not english, use the spanish ones. How can I do that in this addon? can I establish a priority in the default subtitles settings? (maybe write "en, es")

The second question is because sometimes the audio cuts after I pause the video. I think the issues is related to buffering problems. Is there a way to increase the size of the buffer?

Many thanks in advance!
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HBO Max0