• 252(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Replaced manually and it worked, thank you.

Hi Bart
Just wondering what needs to be enabled to get the Backup/Restore menu selections within Amber settings menu to work. I have installed script.xbmcbackup and if you click on that within manage dependencies the script runs ok but nothing happens from within the backup/restore menu itself. Is this a different thing altogether?

Cheers

John
@bsoriano 

I see you made some updates in the last couple of days. I'm having an issue on all of my devices related to Tv Shows. Movies and movie sets seem to be fine.

I can get into Tv Shows and see all of my shows, but if go to select a show, it acts like it going to load and says loading, but then it jumps to another show down my list of shows. So in the log I have, I try to open MyBusters. It tries to load, but then jumps down to Rome. It does not open Rome, just simply shifts down to the Poster for it. Oddly, I did notice that every time I tried to open MythBusters, it did jump to Rome. It is not related to that show specifically, as I can try others and it will do the same thing and jump to some other random show poster.

It is not an issue with the video sources. I can go thru Files and into the Tv Shows and go into the shows and watch episodes. So it must be something related to the posters that you click on. I also attempt to use Artwork Beef to change the Poster and Artwork Beef errors. I can view the Info for the show though. It is quite odd, but does seem to correlate to the new update. I had not used Kodi since 10/28.

I probably need to get around to migrating to Matrix. I was holding out because I love Artwork Beef and how it handles the posters and fanart. I want to make sure I have a working build before I go into Matirx to make sure it rolls over good settings. Do you have a cheat sheet for migrating over to Matrix to make an easy and seamless transition of this version over the the Matrix build?

@Karellen adding you here as well since you you've been great help looking at logs in the past, in case my issue somehow is related to something other than Amber. I did upgrade to 19.3 on one of my systems and experienced the same issue still, so an upgrade didn't correct the issue either. The logs are from my 18.9 build.
Hi Bart

I've been having performance issues with amber for quite some time now. Browsing libraries with any of the panel views or icons view is laggish.
If I scroll between home menu items that have shelves enabled, there is 1-3 second lag and after I have focused all menu items lag stops. But if I open some other window and go back to home menu, same issue occurs.

I tried to replicate this performance issue with arctic zephyr reloaded skin, setting it up as close as possible to same settings as amber, without success. Yet zephyr works butter smooth.

While troubleshooting noticed that 'show disc art' option for movie collections ain't working.

I'm running out of ideas where to look for next so wonder if you would have any suggestions? Was also thinking about clean installing amber, if there is something messed up, but not sure which files should I backup, so wouldn't loose settings?

Using kodi 19.3 on shield tv
I hope you will post here when the new version will be available in the Amber repo?
Bart , am sure its there somewhere , but I can't find it in skin settings , option to remove item name  from widgets , so the poster doesn't have the name at the bottom ?
Adit : found it , ignore please .
(2021-11-07, 19:33)ontap Wrote: Bart , am sure its there somewhere , but I can't find it in skin settings , option to remove item name  from widgets , so the poster doesn't have the name at the bottom ?
Adit : found it , ignore please .

How did you edit? I can't find edit or delete anywhere!
(2021-11-08, 00:46)Joeyrub Wrote: How did you edit? I can't find edit or delete anywhere!

(2021-11-08, 04:45)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-11-08, 00:46)Joeyrub Wrote: How did you edit? I can't find edit or delete anywhere!

Thanks for responding. But you misunderstood my question. I meant how did he edit his post. Cause he writes at the end. Adit: never mind, I found it.
So I'm wondering how did he later edit a post? I wanted to edit mine, or delete one. But can't find a way to that
I still didn't get a update from the Amber Repo. Looks like it got delayed?

Can anyone please help me? I need a little info on how I would change the contents of the skin folders, on a Android tv.
Cause as I understand it, if I'd download the latest version directly from his GitHub page, then I'll have to edit and change the skins folders with the new ones.
How would I do that on my smart tv? Can these folders be accessed from within Kodi? Or do I need a file browser app to do this?
And help here would be appreciated, cause I really wanna try the new version
Thanks in advance
Ok I figured it out all by myself. I now have the newer version...

Bart I hope you reading this. Cause I noticed a little issue. First I saw the Signal quality page is back. Nice! But the info didn't show season n episodes numbers. Even in the now page. I remember you wrote that the now should have it, the next not. But neither had it. But when I turned in the setting for direct seeking, then the signal quality and next pages are gone, but now it does show the season n Episode numbers in the info.
So if I want the next and signal quality pages, then it still shows no season n Episode numbers. Even for now info
Hope you can fix this...
And also, the dot in the seek bar is still gone. Meaning no dot at all

Hope everything is well Bart
@crazyhands911

If you look at your log on line 1691, you will see the possible cause for the problem. Its a MySQL problem, not a skin problem.

The fix is in this post and requires a bit of tweaking of MySQL... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357217
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-11-09, 06:51)Karellen Wrote: @crazyhands911

If you look at your log on line 1691, you will see the possible cause for the problem. Its a MySQL problem, not a skin problem.

The fix is in this post and requires a bit of tweaking of MySQL... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357217
@Karellen  Thank you so much!  The post you referenced was helpful, but I came across an article on stackoverflow that made it a tad clearer on how to go about making the change, for somebody that doesn't know mysql really. I'm running phpMyAdmin, as well, so wasn't really using command line to make my changes. I have so far just run the Global Set query from this sort_buffer_size increase query. I will probably hold off on the .cnf file change though until I continually have to make the change, if it resets on me, but I was able to access the shows after the simply Global Set query was run. Thanks again for your assistance!
@crazyhands911

Great, glad it worked.

I can't tell which scraper you are using, but also be aware of this MySQL issue which requires a similar fix for artwork... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768
But if you are using the Python scrapers, the above fix is not needed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

I was just doing some testing with the YouTube trailers, and what I found is that they load almost instantly using the Rapier skin, but with Amber it takes forever, sometimes nothing even loads, and I have to reboot the system and keep trying. I have the same problem with Online TMDB Info, but I've learn to accept that. Anyway, maybe you can look into the Trailer issue, and let me know if there is anything you can do.

Regards,

Shedrock
  • 252(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5