Mysql 8.0 and ubuntu 20.4 Solving Problems
Hi, 
I'm using Kodi version 18.8 also a fan of Marcosqui AEON MQ8 V2.9 skin and  Artwork Beef V0.28.2
So the problems that I had
1. When starting up recently added movies will not display there empty
2.Artwork Beef will thrown an exception and finally crash no covers will display and errors in kodi log of extrafanart also not able to stop the script from running
3.example python exception  https://paste.kodi.tv/cucinoseka.kodi
4.Example of the full log errors https://paste.kodi.tv/usahanupux.kodi
5.You will also having errors in logfile sort buffer out of order in mysql

So for others having these kodi logs errors;  
xml:
SQL: Missing result set!
ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere failed
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/
2020-09-21 20:56:44.643 T:15900   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/) failed
or a EXCEPTION Thrown by Python and crashing ARTWORK Beef this will fix it all

From Terminal Edit with vi or nano  /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf and add the line sort_buffer_size = 10M safe it and restart true service or systemctl mysql 
and your good to go
you will see also that this will disappear from the logs in kodi and in mysql
This is a workaround i share for users having the same problems with Mysql 8.0 and it is working great no need to return to older versions 
The solution has been noticed by Kodi Team so that developers can added to there source code and fixed it in future updates
Thanks @Genuine3000
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm having serious doubts that problem and solution are related. According to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/...uffer_size , in MySQL8 sort_buffer_size is dynamic. The optimizer should raise the value by itself. It would then be best not to define the value at all, IMHO.
(2020-09-24, 18:38)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'm having serious doubts that problem and solution are related. According to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/...uffer_size , in MySQL8 sort_buffer_size is dynamic. The optimizer should raise the value by itself. It would then be best not to define the value at all, IMHO.

it is a temporarily fix "workaround"  to solve the problem like mention it see above until the developers implement the fix
Because now they know there is a problem related in the sort buffer....
I don't see why? just try it and see the errors in Mysql maybe a bug in sql who knows.
If you lower it then you will get allot sort buffer errors and kodi will hang 
What I can say is to you test it out also the link its a document and it will not always fit in every situations like many other things 
Must say that my DB is not slower and the query's are even fast and error free
But I'm proud that I find the solution and it works flawless
Wink 
(2020-09-24, 18:38)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'm having serious doubts that problem and solution are related. According to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/...uffer_size , in MySQL8 sort_buffer_size is dynamic. The optimizer should raise the value by itself. It would then be best not to define the value at all, IMHO.
a i see that you are fan about mariadb just giving advice in performance mysql 8.0 is seriously faster than mariaDB just saying
(2020-09-25, 12:12)Genuine3000 Wrote: mysql 8.0 is seriously faster than mariaDB just saying

Meh... Database speeds are debatable. Most simple queries are handled in milliseconds.
Database configurations is another matter. :-)
(2020-09-22, 12:11)Genuine3000 Wrote: ...
From Terminal Edit with vi or nano  /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf and add the line sort_buffer_size = 10M safe it and restart true service or systemctl mysql 
and your good to go
Thank you SO much for this! I tried it out and it fixed my problem. FWIW, I couldn't understand why movies was affected and tv shows was not. Now it's obvious... I have 3000+ movies and only a hundred or so tv shows -- the movies require a larger sort buffer size.
This worked for me. However on Windows the file is called my.ini and was located in C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0
I had similar issue with Artists, every time I tried to open Music\Artist I got an Error on kodi and checked logs finding these errors CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(library://music/artists.xml/) failed and ERROR <general>: SQL: Missing result set!

I edited the line sort_buffer_size=256k to sort_buffer_size=10M on file my.ini on MySQL server 8.0 for Windows.

That did the trick!

Thank you ALL for your wisdom!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql 8.0 and ubuntu 20.4 Solving Problems0