• 268(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
Best skin I've ever used! (and I tried a lot...) Tons of views. Super pretty layout options, decent customizability and reasonably easy to set up.

Some observations. Compared to some other skins, it seems to use a lot more CPU and GPU resources when idle, especially when the menu style is set to Modern Multi-Widget Netflix. I'm on a Windows 10 machine, with 16GB Ram, i5-2500k and GTX 1050. If I launch Kodi, let it stay at home screen without doing anything, the CPU usage will stay at around 15% and GPU 3D Engine 40%. I'm talking about the idle state, not the initial spikes when I launch the program. 

To put it in perspective, under the same situation, Both Estuary and Aura use 1-3% CPU, and close to zero GPU (with even more widgets on home screen) If I switch to the "Classic" menu, which seems to be the most power-efficient menu style among all, the CPU usage drops down to 3-5% and GPU usage is now close to zero.

Not sure if the Multi-Widget Netflix menu can be further optimized for better performance. I've tried to disable all the goodies and it seems to make very little difference. It's also a bit weird for it to constantly have 30-40% GPU 3D Engine usage when idle.

Feature request: The "auto trailer" option in Netflix menu looks so seamless and cool! I disable the feature most of the time but when I'm in the mood (a couple of times within a day Tongue), I have to dive deep into the settings to turn it on, and then do the same to turn it off when I'm done. It would be nice if there's a quick switch that you can access in any screen. Or as a menu item, like a shortcut I can access from Power menu. (probably already possible but I just don't know how)

Thank you for all your great efforts!!
(2021-10-11, 21:05)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-11, 20:22)kalle2000 Wrote:
(2021-10-06, 19:53)beatmasterrs Wrote: Please test this version here: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...atch-3.zip
Does this work for timers only or also other pvr widgets (like last played channels, ...)?

Currently yes, as I am not yet sure which behavior would be best...
Can you help me how I have to adjust Includes_Images.xml to be able to show poster/fanart/etc for pvr widgets the same way as for movies/tvshows?
I tried to replace "pvr://timers" with "pvr" in the "WidgetImage" section, but I cant see any difference.
Quote:        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(301).ListItem.EpgEventIcon) + String.StartsWith(Container(301).ListItem.FolderPath,pvr://timers)">$INFO[Container(301).ListItem.EpgEventIcon]</value>
(2021-11-07, 21:19)kalle2000 Wrote:
(2021-10-11, 21:05)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-10-11, 20:22)kalle2000 Wrote: Does this work for timers only or also other pvr widgets (like last played channels, ...)?

Currently yes, as I am not yet sure which behavior would be best...
Can you help me how I have to adjust Includes_Images.xml to be able to show poster/fanart/etc for pvr widgets the same way as for movies/tvshows?
I tried to replace "pvr://timers" with "pvr" in the "WidgetImage" section, but I cant see any difference.
Quote:        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(301).ListItem.EpgEventIcon) + String.StartsWith(Container(301).ListItem.FolderPath,pvr://timers)">$INFO[Container(301).ListItem.EpgEventIcon]</value>

There are 6 places in the Includes_Images.xml file, where the code would need to be changed. Have you done that?
Do you think that's possible to have the unwatched choice in customizables widgets ?
Here :
ImageImage
(2021-11-07, 21:50)kokoplex Wrote: Do you think that's possible to have the unwatched choice in customizables widgets ?
Here :

What and where do you mean exactly?
In customize main menu, widget 1 and select widget
I use PlexKodiConnect and i have to use addon menu, video addon, then choose PlexKodiConnect to have the right unplayed movie choice
But widgets are very slow to display when i use this path.
Widgets are really faster when the path is Video Library, like the screenshot above.
Hope it's clear enough
Hi! Firstly, @beatmasterrs thank you for your continued work, and amazing job on this skin. It is absolutely my go to for my home theater.

Question : Is there away to have classic, and only have the widgets show up when you hit up on the remote. 

Basically, I have a horizonal navi bar, and I make customer wallpapers for each of my categories When I hit up on the remote I wanted to have a widget of "New Movies" show up, otherwise, you just see the navi bar and a big custom wallpaper.

Also, is it possible to have Media cases?  Sorta like these?

( I pulled this from @Samu-rai on the MQ5 topic. )  This is his work. Smile   

If this is implementable, I would e fine doing the PS work for the cases, if that is needed.

Thanks!
(2021-11-07, 21:44)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-11-07, 21:19)kalle2000 Wrote:
(2021-10-11, 21:05)beatmasterrs Wrote: Currently yes, as I am not yet sure which behavior would be best...

There are 6 places in the Includes_Images.xml file, where the code would need to be changed. Have you done that?
No, only WidgetImages. Which one's are the other 5?
IS this skin currently broken on Xbox? I just tried to install it on a brand new Kodi download (Xbox Series X) and it couldn't load the home screen even! Was running at 1440p, could that have been the issue?
(2021-11-08, 12:33)MDUKRPI Wrote: IS this skin currently broken on Xbox? I just tried to install it on a brand new Kodi download (Xbox Series X) and it couldn't load the home screen even! Was running at 1440p, could that have been the issue?

Did you install the skin from the official kodi repo?
(2021-11-08, 14:32)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-11-08, 12:33)MDUKRPI Wrote: IS this skin currently broken on Xbox? I just tried to install it on a brand new Kodi download (Xbox Series X) and it couldn't load the home screen even! Was running at 1440p, could that have been the issue?

Yes, straight from a fresh install, didn't add any repos.
(2021-11-08, 14:55)MDUKRPI Wrote:
(2021-11-08, 14:32)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Yes, straight from a fresh install, didn't add any repos.

Okay thank you, please provide screenshots and a Debug Log.
(2021-11-07, 17:31)gotiuser01 Wrote: Some observations. Compared to some other skins, it seems to use a lot more CPU and GPU resources when idle, especially when the menu style is set to Modern Multi-Widget Netflix. I'm on a Windows 10 machine, with 16GB Ram, i5-2500k and GTX 1050. If I launch Kodi, let it stay at home screen without doing anything, the CPU usage will stay at around 15% and GPU 3D Engine 40%. I'm talking about the idle state, not the initial spikes when I launch the program. 

To put it in perspective, under the same situation, Both Estuary and Aura use 1-3% CPU, and close to zero GPU (with even more widgets on home screen) If I switch to the "Classic" menu, which seems to be the most power-efficient menu style among all, the CPU usage drops down to 3-5% and GPU usage is now close to zero.

Not sure if the Multi-Widget Netflix menu can be further optimized for better performance. I've tried to disable all the goodies and it seems to make very little difference. It's also a bit weird for it to constantly have 30-40% GPU 3D Engine usage when idle.

This is not caused by the number of widgets/items, but by the way the widgets are implemented with SkinShortcuts, I think.

(2021-11-07, 17:31)gotiuser01 Wrote: Feature request: The "auto trailer" option in Netflix menu looks so seamless and cool! I disable the feature most of the time but when I'm in the mood (a couple of times within a day Tongue), I have to dive deep into the settings to turn it on, and then do the same to turn it off when I'm done. It would be nice if there's a quick switch that you can access in any screen. Or as a menu item, like a shortcut I can access from Power menu. (probably already possible but I just don't know how)

The problem is that there are still a few options for the autotrailers and these would then also have to be visible in the e.g. view options. I will give this some thoughts Smile
(2021-11-08, 03:40)robsch Wrote: Question : Is there away to have classic, and only have the widgets show up when you hit up on the remote. 

(2021-11-08, 03:40)robsch Wrote: Basically, I have a horizonal navi bar, and I make customer wallpapers for each of my categories When I hit up on the remote I wanted to have a widget of "New Movies" show up, otherwise, you just see the navi bar and a big custom wallpaper.

Have you tested this?

(2021-11-08, 03:40)robsch Wrote: Also, is it possible to have Media cases?  Sorta like these?

No media cases, sorry Wink
(2021-11-08, 00:26)kokoplex Wrote: In customize main menu, widget 1 and select widget
I use PlexKodiConnect and i have to use addon menu, video addon, then choose PlexKodiConnect to have the right unplayed movie choice
But widgets are very slow to display when i use this path.
Widgets are really faster when the path is Video Library, like the screenshot above.
Hope it's clear enough

Why not using one of these ones?

• 268(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11