• 7(current)
v19 Kodi Android Installer
So its 100% confirmed, native files app cannot be used with this plugin ? we have to install third party file explorer app ?
(2021-12-08, 17:56)nero12 Wrote: So its 100% confirmed, native files app cannot be used with this plugin ? we have to install third party file explorer app ?

What, lol...

No! it's 100% confirmed any available app can be used...

However, You stated you're using a FireTV. To my knowledge their is no file explorer you'll have to install one.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Doesn't seem to be working anymore on nvidia shield. Clicking the apk inside the default file manager does nothing. Is there a workaround?
(2022-03-30, 16:31)markenfan Wrote: Doesn't seem to be working anymore on nvidia shield. Clicking the apk inside the default file manager does nothing. Is there a workaround?

Installation is handled by Android, the plugin only facilitates downloading the apk. Sounds like you have file permission issues. Try correcting or installing a different file manager.
(2022-03-30, 16:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-03-30, 16:31)markenfan Wrote: Doesn't seem to be working anymore on nvidia shield. Clicking the apk inside the default file manager does nothing. Is there a workaround?

Installation is handled by Android, the plugin only facilitates downloading the apk. Sounds like you have file permission issues. Try correcting or installing a different file manager.
Indeed it works with other file managers. There doesn't seem to be any permissions I can change for the stock files app. I'm guessing they locked it up to stop people easily installing apks.
Seeing this issue with the Nvida Shield Experience 9.x as well, except, it will work maybe 20% of the time.  When it doesn't work, you can repeatedly click the downloaded APK and nothing happens.
(2022-05-31, 07:20)deadlast Wrote: Seeing this issue with the Nvida Shield Experience 9.x as well, except, it will work maybe 20% of the time.  When it doesn't work, you can repeatedly click the downloaded APK and nothing happens.

This is not an issue with the Plugin or Kodi but rather with the permissions allowed by the installation app. In your case Nvidia's default 'File Browser'... I would suggest downloading a dependable file browser from the play store.
(2022-05-31, 15:28)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-05-31, 07:20)deadlast Wrote: Seeing this issue with the Nvida Shield Experience 9.x as well, except, it will work maybe 20% of the time.  When it doesn't work, you can repeatedly click the downloaded APK and nothing happens.

This is not an issue with the Plugin or Kodi but rather with the permissions allowed by the installation app. In your case Nvidia's default 'File Browser'... I would suggest downloading a dependable file browser from the play store.

I concur - use a decent file browser from the Play Store , I have never had a problem updating Kodi this way on my Shields. The addon downloads the update, exit Kodi and install via the 3rd party file browser. Once back in Kodi the addon performs the clean up for you.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Can you set an alternate file browser as default on the Shield?  Cheers All
(2022-06-01, 01:51)deadlast Wrote: Can you set an alternate file browser as default on the Shield?  Cheers All
Not sure; However, you can set the browser the plugin will launch for installation.
Hi im trying to update kodi 19.3 to 19.4, got the android installer in the addon menu and clicked on 19.4 it downloaded the file and it did nothing. Do i need to wait, would it normally auto restart kodi?

I rebooted it manually, it says its updatedcand deletedcthe install file. But if i exit kodi and restart it still says 19.3.

Thanks for the help

(I presume that all future updates after 19.4 will still be going to the playstore right?)

Im on android tv box from nokia btw
(2022-09-13, 15:23)MarcelDG88 Wrote: Hi im trying to update kodi 19.3 to 19.4, got the android installer in the addon menu and clicked on 19.4 it downloaded the file and it did nothing. Do i need to wait, would it normally auto restart kodi?

I rebooted it manually, it says its updatedcand deletedcthe install file. But if i exit kodi and restart it still says 19.3.

Thanks for the help

(I presume that all future updates after 19.4 will still be going to the playstore right?)

I have the exact same. I used the installer and it downloaded 19.4. When restarting Kodi and when looking in the settings, it still says 19.3
I use Kodi on a Google Chromecast With Google TV
(2022-09-19, 19:12)Sjors125 Wrote:
(2022-09-13, 15:23)MarcelDG88 Wrote: Hi im trying to update kodi 19.3 to 19.4, got the android installer in the addon menu and clicked on 19.4 it downloaded the file and it did nothing. Do i need to wait, would it normally auto restart kodi?

Thanks for the help

I have the exact same. I used the installer and it downloaded 19.4. When restarting Kodi and when looking in the settings, it still says 19.3
I use Kodi on a Google Chromecast With Google TV
Nvidia Shield is set as the default launcher, if you are not using the shield configure "Kodi Android Installer" settings and select a different file browser.
Thanks @Lunatixz
Do I need to re-install Kodi if this went wrong the first time, or doesn't it matter at all?

(My Kodi is a fresh 19.3 install but it glitches sometimes when I am browsing in the addons section (via the box on top))
Thanks for this addon.

When using it, I can't see the "master/" folder. All I see in arm64-v8a is:
Nexus/
Matrix/
Omega/
Leia/

Is it the expected behavior ?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android Installer1