Change Aspect Ratio of the Posters
I am using Amber v3.4.11 with Kodi 19.2.0. I'd like to change the aspect ratio of the posters. Now it is around 1:1.28 but I think it should be around 1:1.5  The posters are too wide and look fat. Is there an xml file that I can change for width and height?
How can I change those posters' size below?:

(2022-01-17, 00:41)cagatay117 Wrote: I am using Amber v3.4.11 with Kodi 19.2.0. I'd like to change the aspect ratio of the posters. Now it is around 1:1.28 but I think it should be around 1:1.5  The posters are too wide and look fat. Is there an xml file that I can change for width and height?
How can I change those posters' size below?:

@cagatay117 , you are correct, the aspect ratio of the posters is not the standard.  While I can point you to the xml file where you can change this, the change will have an effect on how other items look in the shelves/widgets.  Thank you for pointing this out, no user had remarked on this that I recall, and it is not something that I had looked at since I inherited the code.

I will work on changing this, but you will have to install the skin from the Amber repo for Matrix in order to use the updated version.  You can find the Amber repo for Matrix here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

I will let you know when I have completed this.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hello Bart,

Thank you for your response. I found out that that happened because I did Alt+Enter the Kodi application. The reason of alt+entering was, when I'm not on the Kodi app, for example browsing or using other programs, I don't like full screen apps in the background. They mostly stick on top of everything. I couldn't find an option to make the app windowed, so out of habit I used alt+enter. It compressed the app window from top (the addition of the title bar), thus making everything inside compressed.

Fullscreen: https://i.ibb.co/hRrxjbz/image.png
Windowed: https://i.ibb.co/y60fBVS/image.png

Is there something we can do to prevent this deformity, or a setting I can change to use in windowed mode?
(2022-01-18, 14:33)cagatay117 Wrote: Is there something we can do to prevent this deformity, or a setting I can change to use in windowed mode?

@cagatay117 , unfortunately there is nothing I can do to prevent that.  That is a Kodi core behavior, and not skin-controlled.

The reality is that Amber was not using the 2:3 aspect ratio that is the standard for posters.  It was using an aspect closer to 2:2.75.  This is what posters should look like with a true 2:3 aspect ratio:

As I mentioned before, I can change this, but it will take some time, since I have to adjust several other things in the skin so that they look correct with the new poster dimensions.  Are you OK with the aspect ratio that Amber currently has in full screen mode, or do you wish to see a true 2:3 aspect ratio for posters? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@bsoriano, every image looks best when they are in their original aspect ratio, of course I would like them to have true 2:3 aspect ratio. 
If this change takes time, no worries we can wait. Will the aspect ratio change affect all Amber skin users, I mean will this be an repository update for Amber? Will the community be OK with the change?
Thank you for your support, you are awesome.  Love
(2022-01-19, 01:00)cagatay117 Wrote: @bsoriano, every image looks best when they are in their original aspect ratio, of course I would like them to have true 2:3 aspect ratio. 
If this change takes time, no worries we can wait. Will the aspect ratio change affect all Amber skin users, I mean will this be an repository update for Amber? Will the community be OK with the change?
Thank you for your support, you are awesome.  Love

@cagatay117 , thank you for your kind words.

The change would affect all users, and I do not know if the community will be OK with the change.  I want to make the change, since I agree with you about images being better in their original aspect ratio.  Once I make the change, we'll see what other users say.

I will let you know when the changes are ready to test.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Aspect Ratio of the Posters0