• 278(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
Hi Bart,

the Netflix player has features; Episode List - (which you did an amazing job and incorporated into Amber) and Next Episode.

Is it possible to add the next episode feature to Amber?

Additionally is it possible to change functionality in the player? Rather than click do a mouse_over, perhaps hover using move_to_element method?

Many thanks for all your hard work.
(2022-01-17, 16:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-16, 16:14)G0mez Wrote: Hi Bart

Made a fresh kodi install and when I go to movie sets screen I get skin info service error, so wonder is it still any good to have that script installed?

@G0mez , skin info service is working fine for me in Kodi Matrix 19.3 under Windows.  I am using version 1.1.2 of the script.

Regards,

Bart

I'm using 1.1.2 aswell on Kodi 19.3
Wonder what could be causing it for me. Was getting that error before I factory reset my shield tv aswell. Here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203196&page=6 seems to be some discussion but wonder if anyone is maintaining it anymore :/

Here is log incase you wanna take a look: https://paste.kodi.tv/ekupamanad
(2022-01-17, 16:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-16, 14:03)robertlaing Wrote: Thanks for looking at going back to the search results from a video information.
Hopefully you can figure something out!
Thanks for all your time spent on this Bart, it is much appreciated.

@robertlaing , could you please test the latest from GitHub? I made some changes that help with this issue.  This is what you should see now:

1. When you click on a movie/tv show/episode in the search window (not Global Search addon), the default now is to show info.  So, let's say, you click on a movie.  You will get the info dialog for that movie.
2. If you do not do any other local or online search from the info dialog, when you press Back, you will be back to the search results window. 
3. If you do another general local search from the info dialog (actor, director, writer), you lose the previous search results window, and now you will get a new search results window for the term you are searching for.  This is, to my knowledge, unavoidable, since I can only have one of those custom windows open at a time.  You might have to press Back in order to get the new search results window.
4. If you do another specific local search from the info dialog (country, studio, genre), you will get a search window for that specific term (you might have to press Back in order for the search results window to show), and when you press Back from that search window, you will go back to the original seach results window that you had.  This is possible because the specific search window is a different window thatn the general search window.
5. If you do any online search from any of the info dialogs, all dialogs will be closed, so you will not be able to go back to the original search results window.  I cannot change this behavior.

This is by no means foolproof and I am sure I am not covering all possible scenarios.  It does, however, come a little closer to what you were looking for.  Please test thoroughly and let me know if you prefer this behavior to the previous one.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks for all your hard work.

I have had a quick test, and so far I have noticed that when I go into the local search result for a movie, bring up that movie's info page, then click on an actor, it bombs out back to the main menu title.

I used to be able to keep that search going say from movie to actor to movie etc, and then once I pressed return it would return to the main movie list. You have solved the returning to the movie list issue, as if I go into a local search and bring up a movie's info page, when I press return I now go back to the search results, which is great. However, as I described above, I am unable to keep my search going.

Many thanks once again Bart, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart,

Just noticed something else:

If I go to the main movie list, and choose a movie to watch, I press to bring up the movie information page.
If I then go to check out the actors before watching the movie the following happens:

I press an actor and it brings uo the local search results showing other movies they have been in.
Then when I press return I get put right back on the main movie list.
Which means to check out another actor (or to start the movie) I need to press back into the movie from the main movie list to bring up the movie info page.

Is there anyway that I could return to the movie info page after viewing a search result. It would make it easier when checking out multiple actors in a movie.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-17, 17:05)fsurfer Wrote: Is it possible to add the next episode feature to Amber?

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]

Additionally is it possible to change functionality in the player? Rather than click do a mouse_over, perhaps hover using move_to_element method?

@fsurfer , could you please be more specific and detailed in what you would like to see?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-17, 17:44)G0mez Wrote: I'm using 1.1.2 aswell on Kodi 19.3
Wonder what could be causing it for me. Was getting that error before I factory reset my shield tv aswell. Here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203196&page=6 seems to be some discussion but wonder if anyone is maintaining it anymore :/

Here is log incase you wanna take a look: ekupamanad (paste)

@G0mez, thank you for the log.  Unfortunately, fixing the error that you are seeing, and that is not happening to me in Windows, requires code changes to skin.info.service.  That is not something that I can do.

I will look into providing as much as possible of the sets information without addons.  I will also look into providing the information via tmdb helper, which is actively maintained.  No ETA, though.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-01-17, 19:40)robertlaing Wrote: I press an actor and it brings uo the local search results showing other movies they have been in.
Then when I press return I get put right back on the main movie list.
Which means to check out another actor (or to start the movie) I need to press back into the movie from the main movie list to bring up the movie info page.

Is there anyway that I could return to the movie info page after viewing a search result. It would make it easier when checking out multiple actors in a movie.

@robertlaing,  unfortunately I will not be able to do that.  I need to close the video info dialog in order for the search windows to work correctly.  As I have mentioned before, the best way to accomplish what you are after in Amber is to do online searches and not local searches.  The online searches use tmdb helper, which keeps track of the windows and dialogs open and can return to the video info dialog after looking at an actor's movies, for example.  The online searches are slower and limited to information which is in tmdb, but the navigation is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-17, 19:31)robertlaing Wrote: I have had a quick test, and so far I have noticed that when I go into the local search result for a movie, bring up that movie's info page, then click on an actor, it bombs out back to the main menu title.

@robertlaing, could you please list the exact sequence of steps that you are following? I have not been able to replicate this issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hi Bart,

Thanks for explaining about the online versus local searches within a movie in Amber. I totally get what you mean now.

Here's the steps I do for a local search:

1. Bring up the search box from search in the main menu.

2. Type in an actor (for example, Bogart).

3. A list of movies Bogart has appeared in shows in the search results.

4. Click into a movie from these search results (for example, Casablanca).

5. The movie's infprmation page shows (in this case Casablanca).

6. I click into an actor that had appeared in Casablanca (for example Claude Rains).

7. I am thrown back out to the main menu and my cursor is on the SEARCH main title.

I hope that helps you!
Thanks for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-17, 22:06)robertlaing Wrote: I hope that helps you!

@robertlaing , yes, it certainly does, thank you.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I fixed that issue.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2022-01-17, 20:50)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-17, 17:05)fsurfer Wrote: Is it possible to add the next episode feature to Amber?

[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]

@fsurfer , could you please be more specific and detailed in what you would like to see?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

would it be possible to add a Next Episode window as shown in picture and instead of clicking a tab, moving the cursor over the tabs reveals the window.

Best way to illustrate is if you open a movie / tv show in Netflix, move the cursor over the episodes or next episode tabs and a window appears

FS
(2022-01-15, 16:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-15, 12:40)billyrene Wrote: this is on matrix. i had the helper installed but not anymore. that seemed to be the issueso i updated again today and the same problem with the embuary helper popup is happening again when pulling up the info on movies tvshows.

we wrote forth and back about a month ago and you had it fixed then.

@billyrene , is this Matrix or Leia?

Regards,

Bart

this is on matrix. i had the helper installed but not anymore. that seemed to be the issue
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
(2022-01-17, 22:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-17, 22:06)robertlaing Wrote: I hope that helps you!

@robertlaing , yes, it certainly does, thank you.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I fixed that issue.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Just tested this and it works great! Thanks so much for your hard work.

I know you have been very busy, but just wanted to check if you saw this which I posted the other day:

When I am in the music player, I have noticed that where you have the kbps for a song in the OSD there is only room for a 3 figure kbps info. I have some songs which are over 999 kbps, and it doesn't fit in properly. Is there anyway you could increase the space allowed for this media flag so that a reading of 1000 kbps would fit in fully instead of scrolling?

Still on the subject of the kbps, would it please be possible to add this to the info shown when in a song list (such as an album)? You already have 2 media flags in there, so could the kbps be added to the left of these so it appears as it does in the music player?

Leading on from this, would it be possible please to add all the three media flags to the bottom left area whilst in a playlist (such a party mode)?

Many thanks once again Bart.

Kind regards,
Robert
(2022-01-17, 17:01)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-16, 16:00)pit34 Wrote: Hello,

First, thanks for this great skin. Great job !

I have an issue on Amber 3.6.1 on kodi nexus. When i install Amber 3.6.1 from nexus repository, all sections (movies, tv show, apps) are empty. I can only see backgrounds with orange bubles.
If i install Amber from Amber matrix repository, the version is 3.4.32 and all is working fine.
If i install Amber from Kodi official repository, the version is 3.4.11 and all is working fine.

I am on Kodinerds kodinerds-20220114-6fb0b589-master-ATV-155-arm64-v8a.

Do you have an idea of how to have a functional 3.6.1 amber nexus version ?
Thanks.

@pit34,

Thank you for your kind words.  You are correct, there was an issue with 3.6.1, a file was missing.  I have fixed this in version 3.6.2, which is already on the Amber repo for Nexus.  Please test and let me know if indeed the issue is fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hello Bart,

Thanks. 3.6.2 is working like a charm.

Regards.
Hi Bart,

Following on from my previous post regading testing the local search, I have tested it further, and have found this problem with the writer and director (which mirrors the previous issue with the actors):

Regarding the director:

2. Type in an actor (for example, Bogart).

3. A list of movies Bogart has appeared in shows in the search results.

4. Click into a movie from these search results (for example, Casablanca).

5. The movie's information page shows (in this case Casablanca).

6. I click into the director that worked on Casablanca (for example Michael Curtiz the director).

7. I am thrown back out to the main menu and my cursor is on the SEARCH main title.

Regarding the writer:

2. Type in an actor (for example, Don Ameche).

3. A list of movies Doen Ameche has appeared in shows in the search results.

4. Click into a movie from these search results (for example, Heaven Can Wait).

5. The movie's information page shows (in this case Heaven Can Wait).

6. I click into the director that worked on Heaven Can Wait (for example Samson Raphaelson).

(I have tested the country and studio in the above format and they both work fine.)

As ever, many thanks.

Kind regards,
Robert.
  • 278(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5