• 74(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
As of this moment the music video channel is working.

Thanks!

EDIT: And now there are issues with one but not the other music channel.  Log.
Am on the latest version and except for a brief happy moment the music videos are not working still.  Log here. Second Log after rebooting here.

Just in case it helps, here are the contents of the playlists I am using:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="musicvideos">
    <name>Classic MTV</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tag" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>NSFW</value>
        <value>Popup Video</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="title" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>Christian Alternative</value>
        <value>Christian Rap</value>
        <value>Christian Rock</value>
        <value>Christian Ska</value>
        <value>Modern Worship</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="year" operator="greaterthan">
        <value>2001</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

xml:
    <name>I Love the 80s</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>1979</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="year" operator="lessthan">
        <value>1990</value>
    </rule>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

xml:
    <name>WorshipTV</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="contains">
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
(2022-02-23, 19:42)bornagainpenguin Wrote: Am on the latest version and except for a brief happy moment the music videos are not working still.  Log here. Second Log after rebooting here.

Just in case it helps, here are the contents of the playlists I am using:

xml:
    <name>Classic MTV</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="doesnotcontain">
    </rule>
        <value>2001</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

xml:
    <name>I Love the 80s</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>1979</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="year" operator="lessthan">
        <value>1990</value>
    </rule>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

xml:
    <name>WorshipTV</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
        <value>NSFW</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="genre" operator="contains">
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

It's been a decade since I used the music video type in Kodi... I wasn't even aware there is a working scraper for it.

Let me check with the team first to find out if music videos are on the chopping block... If they are not I will work on adding direct support for it. Currently, PseudoTV only parses "videos" and "music". 

BTW what scraper are you using? THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2022-02-23, 20:03)Lunatixz Wrote: BTW what scraper are you using? THX

I used to use the default one but the database on www.theaudiodb.com has nearly never worked right for me no matter how much time I put into naming the files correctly.  By default it has a heavy preference for greatest hits collections.  So after some time I discovered that MediaElch supports music videos in the Concerts section.  I tend to use that to manually enter information from Wikipedia if there is a song article for the song I'm scraping for.

I usually keep the first line of the article, something along the lines of '"XYZ" is a song by COUNTRY NAME singer\band\performer, from their album "ABC" released in Year Zero.' and then copy some of the chart performance data.  Most skins tend to try to marquee the text if it is too much to display so I try for a minimum that will make it look right without triggering a scroll.  I either then source the single cover for  the song from Wikipedia or if I must I trawl Google Images which works better than most other search engines for a copy of the song cover, whether that is a streaming image or the actual single cover on a 45 or a Compact Maxi-single or what have you.  I also tend to rely on Wikipedia for genres and do my best to fill in what language the song is in and attach tags to the song for later use in playlists.

I maintain a tag for NSFW stuff, mostly for stuff like Prodigy's 'Smack My B**** Up' which I really would prefer not play in front of my nieces if they happen to be around.  This makes it easier to prevent such things, as you might have noticed I made sure  to specifically block out that tag for most of my stuff.  Putting in  the correct data means that I can make a playlist like the 'I Love the 80s' one and block it so only songs from that period show up.

On my Worship TV playlist I have a tag for subtitles because I am actively seeking those for songs when I can find them and when I get inspired enough using Gaupol to manually sync the lyrics to the video.  Depending on inspiration and availability I may give a try at adding subtitles to everything down the road.  I'm hard of hearing so subtitles are important to me.

It can be a lot of work but since the YouTube addon has become a nightmare to use and the music radio addons I used to like have all become defunct, even with an account I've more or less moved entirely over to music videos for my music.  A legacy of being one of those people who grew up with Music Television and who still wants their MTV.  Once the bumpers and ads are available again I even plan on hunting down a couple of those old Encyclopedia Britannica commercials to have it show up for nostalgia's sake.

So yeah, I am the scraper.

I really hope that music videos don't ever totally go away on Kodi.  I know they've been neglected but I always hold out hope that if the right person comes along all that can change and some nice features could show up, like a method to just overlay the name of the song, the performer, the album it appears on and the year.  Preferably in the right corner so it won't interfere with the music videos sourced from MTV recordings for which there are no better copies and already have that information in place on the left corner.  I hold out hope that there can be a method to trigger 'blocks' of songs, so that you can set it up to play a minimum of X genre before moving on to Y genre.

Currently the music videos are working again but they have a cutoff point which makes little sense or reason.  So you get ten videos or something in a channel and then nothing.
(2022-02-23, 21:28)bornagainpenguin Wrote:
(2022-02-23, 20:03)Lunatixz Wrote: BTW what scraper are you using? THX
So yeah, I am the scraper.

I really hope that music videos don't ever totally go away on Kodi.  I know they've been neglected but I always hold out hope that if the right person comes along all that can change and some nice features could show up, like a method to just overlay the name of the song, the performer, the album it appears on and the year.  Preferably in the right corner so it won't interfere with the music videos sourced from MTV recordings for which there are no better copies and already have that information in place on the left corner.  I hold out hope that there can be a method to trigger 'blocks' of songs, so that you can set it up to play a minimum of X genre before moving on to Y genre.

Currently the music videos are working again but they have a cutoff point which makes little sense or reason.  So you get ten videos or something in a channel and then nothing.

Yep, that is the key with open source... really takes someone motivated to work on the feature!

Can I get several of your music video nfo's and you are using "local nfo" as the scraper?
I understand.  I just wish there was a way non-programmers could draw attention to things like this.  I'm not rich but I'd be willing to kick in at something like Reddit's /r/slavelabour to get stuff like this done if I was sure that it'd work.  Unfortunately last I saw there was an attempt by someone not me to recruit someone for a Kodi addon but no one responded.  I don't know of anything similar to that which might actually get accepted.

Anyway, here's a couple of nfos for you:

New update, new log here.

It took doing a clean start and several restarts of LibreELEC 10.1 to get the music videos to populate.  Even so right now they only populate for a while and then seem to sputter out.
(2022-02-24, 21:15)bornagainpenguin Wrote: New update, new log here.

It took doing a clean start and several restarts of LibreELEC 10.1 to get the music videos to populate.  Even so right now they only populate for a while and then seem to sputter out.

Your log looks good... My prior fix is holding, and the music videos are being parsed and a duration detected.

I believe I have an idea of what's going on long term... if you could please increase the pagination size setting to 250 found under "Tweaks". Test for a few days and let me know.
(2022-02-24, 21:46)Lunatixz Wrote: if you could please increase the pagination size setting to 250 found under "Tweaks". Test for a few days and let me know.

Have done so now.  Will report back in a few days to let you know how it's helping.

PS: What theme do you use generally?

Reason I'm asking is I've noticed this in two different themes now.
Is there a way to make it show more than 25 genres?
(2022-02-28, 19:25)landerson Wrote: Is there a way to make it show more than 25 genres?

Short answer, No... Autotune populates 25 of your top genres in your collection based on file count.... same with studios and if I recall the top 250 TV Shows.

If the autotune list doesn't have a genre you'd like; you can create a "Custom" channel using the channel manager with either a smart-playlist or node. Remember to create your node or smart-playlist first.
k ty for all your hard work
Thank you, Luna, for all you do as you have given me a hobby, l hope this project reaches its highest peak. I hope to be able to put my ads on my channels. I have tried disquetv and pseudotv on plex, your project is miles away in comparison. Please be patient with us as we test your project, it's AMAZING!!
(2022-03-05, 16:10)tsakiblue Wrote: Thank you, Luna, for all you do as you have given me a hobby, l hope this project reaches its highest peak. I hope to be able to put my ads on my channels. I have tried disquetv and pseudotv on plex, your project is miles away in comparison. Please be patient with us as we test your project, it's AMAZING!!

Miles ahead or miles behind lol, Thanks either way..
For some reason I am unable to access the add-on settings. I am not sure what happened. Just updated to Kodi 19.4 but this issue was there in Kodi 19.3 as well. Do I need to remove PTVL completely? None of the other add-ons show a screen like this when I go to their settings. Very strange. I also noticed the settings.xml file has 0bytes so maybe something got corrupted? Not sure how to proceed.

here is what I see: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jw7XhbiViCUobFLZ8
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4