• 707(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2022-03-25, 16:31)flhthemi Wrote:
(2022-03-25, 01:06)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: how can I set a SINGLE background image for the main menu items? like movies, music etc? does the skin gives us images? I don't want to use from external storage photos!

Skin Settings>General>Set Default Background

When selected you'll have an option of "Set Single Image Background" or "Set Multi-Image Background". Selecting either will display a few images that are included with the skin. However, keep in mind you do not have to use "external storage". You can use your own images by copying them into the same folder as these default background images OR you can create a folder in your Kodi user folder for backgrounds and copy them there. I have done the later and named the folder "Backgrounds".

Aeon Nox Silvo's default background folder on Windows is "\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\backgrounds"

excellent thanks!
fuorigioco1981 

You may need to keep a copy of your preferred background as pics in the Aeon Nox: SiLVO backgrounds folder reverts to the originals only after a skin update.
(2022-03-27, 01:35)Thomfam Wrote: fuorigioco1981 

You may need to keep a copy of your preferred background as pics in the Aeon Nox: SiLVO backgrounds folder reverts to the originals only after a skin update.

Excellent point as I forgot about that! Also another good reason to have a folder for backgrounds outside of the skin's background folder!
Thanks for tossing this out there!
(2022-03-27, 16:03)flhthemi Wrote:

Excellent point as I forgot about that! Also another good reason to have a folder for backgrounds outside of the skin's background folder!
I have a copy of all my Background pics in a folder on my PC (actually in Google Drive).  I have my Shield as a "Network Drive" on my Windows PC.  I use a program called "Free File Sync" and I have set up a profile to use Free File Sync to copy over my Google Drive Backgrounds folder to my Shield Aeon Nox:Silvo *:\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\backgrounds  So easy to put all my Background pics back onto my Shield after an Aeon Nox:Silvo update.

I also keep a "Master" backup on my PC of my Shield's Kodi Folder using Free File Sync.
(2022-03-28, 00:52)Thomfam Wrote:
(2022-03-27, 16:03)flhthemi Wrote:

I have a copy of all my Background pics in a folder on my PC (actually in Google Drive).  I have my Shield as a "Network Drive" on my Windows PC.  I use a program called "Free File Sync" and I have set up a profile to use Free File Sync to copy over my Google Drive Backgrounds folder to my Shield Aeon Nox:Silvo *:\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\backgrounds  So easy to put all my Background pics back onto my Shield after an Aeon Nox:Silvo update.

I also keep a "Master" backup on my PC of my Shield's Kodi Folder using Free File Sync.

Create a backgrounds folder in the userdata folder and keep your backgrounds in it. I have different folders to hold my backgrounds for different main menu items, such as Movies, TV Shows etc.

You won't have to keep re-installing your backgrounds after a skin update.

If you do the above and configure your build on your PC, when you copy your build to a different device your backgrounds go with it.

You learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip. I have added below to my sources.xml file in userdata and copy/pasted my backgrounds folder.  Next skin update I will just re route my background pics:

<source>
            <name>..backgrounds</name>
            <path pathversion="1">special://home/userdata/backgrounds/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
@ontap Hi, thanks for your response.

I did look through that before and again just to make sure, but when I click on "Choose item for menu" and go through the available options, I cant find any LIVE TV or TV option to select. Only under system can I see a reference for TV, but this would be the system settings interface for TV. Can you tell me if its anywhere more specifically under?
So just to confirm , you have configured next pvr with url's etc and when using estuary , live tv is shown and channels play ?
But switching to silvo on the same build , nothing ?
What version number silvo ?
Hi @ontap 

Yes, that is correct. All works fine in standard kodi skin, but changing skins, the live tv disappears from the menu.

Its version 8.0.1
OK , unfortunately I don't use "next pvr" , but I just opened a fresh 19.4 and enabled "pvr simple client" and configured it with a working url , all channels fine. Then I switched to silvo , version  8.0.1 and live tv working fine, so it might be a "next pvr " issue ? or device ? am using a mac.
(2022-03-28, 23:34)gotham2014 Wrote: but changing skins, the live tv disappears from the menu
I use NextPVR, and have no problems with Live TV using this skin. Check the settings in the first image. The setting should be there regardless whether you have a pvr backend installed or not.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-03-28, 23:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-03-28, 23:34)gotham2014 Wrote: but changing skins, the live tv disappears from the menu
I use NextPVR, and have no problems with Live TV using this skin. Check the settings in the first image. The setting should be there regardless whether you have a pvr backend installed or not.

hello. how did you get icons in the menu bar? I have only the names "movies", "TV shows" etc

(2022-03-29, 08:44)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: hello. how did you get icons in the menu bar? I have only the names "movies", "TV shows" etc
In the skin settings...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-03-29, 09:36)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-03-29, 08:44)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: hello. how did you get icons in the menu bar? I have only the names "movies", "TV shows" etc
In the skin settings...

excellent thanks!
@ontap @Karellen Hi, Thanks for the tips. I finally was able to solve it by using "change action" instead of "Chose item for menu". I found two of the TV actions there. Its a different work around I guess, but still not the way it should have worked.
  • 707(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55