• 43(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Wow @arneson, really very well thought out and user friendly, thank you so much for your continued efforts!
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
My token expired yesterday, I've tried your new method with the apk and works like a charm for "Automotive". Thank you for your effort, you are the man, #@arneson !
Device Selector Dialog" with
"Tv Non Drm Dolby Atmos" works perfectly on Nvidia Shield 9.0.2 and Kodi 19.4. Everything plays! MQA, Atmos and reg tracks. This addon is sooo much better than Tidals own TV APK which has NO features. Tidal developers are so lazy!
I love that I can create playlists, favorites, folders and enjoy artwork and lyrics. And I think it sounds better too playing thru Kodi. Thank you!
Kodi sometimes crashes but I don't know if it's just my setup or addons.
Now I wish there was a way to raise the volume on atmos tracks. I have to adjust volume when next song is not atmos.
So I tried the device selector on Android TV and it worked perfectly using Automotive. As Arneson said, it may not be easy to load the tidal apk on to Android TV so this is how I did it.
1 I downloaded the Tidal apk on my phone as per Arneson's instructions
2 I have an app on my phone called 'Send Files To TV'
3 I used this app to transfer the files to my Android TV device
The only tricky part in this was the location of the files. My download automatically selected a folder labelled APK and the Send Files app uploaded to a folder with the same name.
Thanks again to Arneson for his brilliant app.
Hi everybody,

I have a questtion to all TIDAL2 users. Does anybody use the TIDAL2 addon with Kodi Kryption 17.6 ?
The reason is, that the next TIDAL2 version will use the inputstream addons to play MPD Dash streams. The inputstream addons are only available since Kodi 18.

On the other hand, the next TIDAL2 version will have some new features:
  • A new direct login method with OAuth2 PKCE additionally to the Web-based login method.
  • Nearly every client id will work to login, either with the Web login or the direct login.
  • With the direct login method the FLAC streams will be played with the inputstream.ffmpeg addon and the HIGH/LOW quality streams with the imputstream.adaptive addon.
    Because the inputstream.ffmpeg addon is only available since Kodi Matrix, the FLAC streams are not playable with Kodi Leia. Then you can use a client id with web-based login.
    The MQA/Master streams will be playable with Kodi Matrix and Leia, because they are no Dash streams.
  • TIDAL free will work with the direct login method
Just to say that I only use the Tidal 2 addon with KODI Matrix. And also to thank you for all the work you do on this addon. The new version sounds like a great development of the addon. For me, the current version has been working well since the last update.
Is there a way to change Wasapi buffering size??
Hi 🙏 I have a beefy windows 11 and an older Win 10 machine but have problems with MQA playback on both machines via WiFi 200mbps+. It says "working" an extra long time on both machines (longer the song the MORE working) and occasionally the music skips during playback. It doesn't do this at all for hifi streams and on 3-4 min MQA's. Could it be my Khadas Tone2 Pro perhaps? Both computers seem to be working overtime too during "working". Could someone point me in the right direction?
(2022-05-25, 06:20)Cristofer50 Wrote: Hi 🙏 I have a beefy windows 11 and an older Win 10 machine but have problems with MQA playback on both machines via WiFi 200mbps+. It says "working" an extra long time on both machines (longer the song the MORE working) and occasionally the music skips during playback. It doesn't do this at all for hifi streams and on 3-4 min MQA's. Could it be my Khadas Tone2 Pro perhaps? Both computers seem to be working overtime too during "working". Could someone point me in the right direction?

did you try to play with the advancedsettings and adjusting the buffersize?
if you don't have trouble streaming a movie via your wifi, i'd say it's not the network itself. MQA is not that big of a file anyway, so it shouldn't stall.
the next thing that i remembered is that i had a similar problem with the spotify addon and longer tracks.
see here and here and try to adjust the cache if you didn't play with it before. just an idea.
HELLO IM USEING KODI 19.3 AND RECENTLY INSTALD TIDAL.

BUT NO LUCK LOGIN IN TO IT.

CAN SOMEONE GIDE ME?

MY PROBLEM IS THE CLIENT ID 
AND CLIENT SECRET

THANKS.
(2022-05-25, 15:25)ray2301 Wrote:
(2022-05-25, 06:20)Cristofer50 Wrote: Hi 🙏 I have a beefy windows 11 and an older Win 10 machine but have problems with MQA playback on both machines via WiFi 200mbps+. It says "working" an extra long time on both machines (longer the song the MORE working) and occasionally the music skips during playback. It doesn't do this at all for hifi streams and on 3-4 min MQA's. Could it be my Khadas Tone2 Pro perhaps? Both computers seem to be working overtime too during "working". Could someone point me in the right direction?

Log file, if anyone is dope.

https://paste.kodi.tv/afecupacoy.kodi

This is without advancedsettings.xml - I was getting the same problem with it. 
(2022-05-25, 17:16)ERAN1977 Wrote: HELLO IM USEING KODI 19.3 AND RECENTLY INSTALD TIDAL.

BUT NO LUCK LOGIN IN TO IT.

CAN SOMEONE GIDE ME?

MY PROBLEM IS THE CLIENT ID 
AND CLIENT SECRET

THANKS.

it's on the previous page.
Hey,

I am using the last version of the plugin, 2.1.0.
I have done the setup, with the selection of the device from the APK, and I still got the DRM playback problem on a lot of songs...

I have tried every recommandation of device suggested by Arneson, but nothing solve the problem

I am on CoreElec 19.5 on an Amlogic box... Maybe that the problem.

Do somebody knows a solution?
Do somebody make it work on CoreElec?

I hope that the next release will solve the issue Sad
Or else I will have to find another Hardware.

Thanks Arneson for the work and the share.
(2022-05-30, 17:09)HokutoNoCoco Wrote: Hey,

I am using the last version of the plugin, 2.1.0.
I have done the setup, with the selection of the device from the APK, and I still got the DRM playback problem on a lot of songs...

I have tried every recommandation of device suggested by Arneson, but nothing solve the problem

I am on CoreElec 19.5 on an Amlogic box... Maybe that the problem.

Do somebody knows a solution?
Do somebody make it work on CoreElec?

I hope that the next release will solve the issue Sad
Or else I will have to find another Hardware.

Thanks Arneson for the work and the share.
Please try the "Automotive" device type. This one should work.
It doesn't Sad

I have tried what you said in priority, automotive in 2.58
and after I have tried a lot of devices with many TIDAL version :

always the same DRM problem...
I don't understand

Do you want a log? 2.58 with automotive?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8