• 28(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
Great -- enjoy!
Thank you @micahg for adding search capability.

For Kodi 18.x Leia users I updated the instructions for a backport of version 4.0.15+matrix.1 to Leia in post 362.
I'm having "authentication failed" happen - but the IPTV integration is working fine.
I can watch live, but I can't go and catch what I may have missed from CBC's servers.
I went and re-authed at watch.cbc.ca or whatever the addy was in the dialog that popped up, and that wasn't an issue, but trying to login to Gem on my phone and my account "is locked"  (WTF?) 
kodi 19.4 raspi 4 (xbian aarm64 bullseye k5.15.50)
help?
Hey @heysoundude,

A few things...

I just tested an episode - logged out and logged in and tested again. Its all good as far as I can tell.

If your account is locked, maybe fix that (with the CBC) -- get your account working on their gem app and then we can talk if you're willing to post logs.

Thanks,
It's working fine for me now and has been all along
Kodi 19.4/Win 7
I can post logs as necessary, of course.
I'm just confuzzled why CBC might lock me out...
It's strange, because I can login from my desktop without issue and with no error message.
But the addon won't let me log out and re-login.  and my login is through google - is that the issue?
(2022-08-20, 21:06)heysoundude Wrote: my login is through google - is that the issue?
You should try creating a GEM account and not using google, mine works that way.
Is that the issue, that I use "sign in with google" on the website, but the addon doesn't have that option?
unfortunate - I set up a gmail for anything on this kodi instance that needs an email...
this is an example of how sometimes it's hard to be Canadian
It may be your issue. See if you can create a CBC gem account with your gmail.
(2022-08-21, 09:23)heysoundude Wrote: Unfortunate - I set up a gmail for anything on this kodi instance that needs an email...
this is an example of how sometimes it's hard to be Canadian
I am back and forth between the US and Canada (in Canada now), it has nothing to do with being Canadian.  I think it is smart to set up a separate Gmail account to use the email address when you have to log in to things.  It seems like signing in through Apple, Facebook, or Google adds another level of complexity (I could be wrong).  Create a GEM account, it's easy to do.
@michag  - what's the difference between using google's portal/API on the GEM site and simply using the exact same credentials in this Addon that's causing an authentication failure?  

Thanks for all your insight @barney63
Are you saying it's working for you now logging directly into GEM (instead of Google, Apple, Facebook)?
Just which auth system you use (google or CBC).

I'm not implementing anything new right now, so maybe think about setting up an account with the CBC.
I was just testing 4.0.15+matrix.1 on LibreELEC 10.0.2 and noticed that the episode durations were not shown.

Steps to add the durations back:

Edit  plugin.video.cbc/resources/lib/gemv2.py  and after these lines (about line 81 in the file):

if 'episode' in episode:
             labels['episode'] = episode['episode']

Add:

if 'duration' in episode:
            labels['duration'] = episode['duration']

Note:  Be sure to maintain similar indentation in the code for this change to work.

This enabled display of the duration of time for episodes for me.
Hey, if you put a PR up on github I'll merge it eventually and credit you in the release notes...

Plus then you don't have to worry about me messing up the indentation Wink
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1