• 519(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Think I found the problem/solution. Tried 4 different drivers and nothing changed the behavior. Then on a whim, I turned ON windows 10 HDR setting. Always knew to keep that off in the past because windows didn't correctly implement on/off switching for SDR content. But that fixed the problem, and now my HDR content looks correct, and so does SDR content, and HDR correctly stops when an HDR movie stops.

When I rebuilt the computer, it downloaded Windows 10 21H1 (I was previously on a Mich older build). So maybe Microsoft finally implemented correct HDR on/off switching? Can anyone else confirm?
(2022-08-30, 13:17)ayeroff Wrote: Think I found the problem/solution. Tried 4 different drivers and nothing changed the behavior. Then on a whim, I turned ON windows 10 HDR setting. Always knew to keep that off in the past because windows didn't correctly implement on/off switching for SDR content. But that fixed the problem, and now my HDR content looks correct, and so does SDR content, and HDR correctly stops when an HDR movie stops.

When I rebuilt the computer, it downloaded Windows 10 21H1 (I was previously on a Mich older build). So maybe Microsoft finally implemented correct HDR on/off switching? Can anyone else confirm?
If it works for you, it works for you. But no, I can't confirm. On 21H1 I keep HDR off and I'd be suspicious about what Windows does with tone mapping leaving it on constantly (not saying it does not work correctly, I would simply investigate in depth).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2022-09-02, 11:00)ashlar Wrote:
(2022-08-30, 13:17)ayeroff Wrote: Think I found the problem/solution. Tried 4 different drivers and nothing changed the behavior. Then on a whim, I turned ON windows 10 HDR setting. Always knew to keep that off in the past because windows didn't correctly implement on/off switching for SDR content. But that fixed the problem, and now my HDR content looks correct, and so does SDR content, and HDR correctly stops when an HDR movie stops.

If it works for you, it works for you. But no, I can't confirm. On 21H1 I keep HDR off and I'd be suspicious about what Windows does with tone mapping leaving it on constantly (not saying it does not work correctly, I would simply investigate in depth).
Guess I spoke to soon. Turning on HDR in Windows doesn't work. Any other suggestions on possible solutions to get HDR to turn on and off correctly?
(2022-09-07, 14:52)ayeroff Wrote:
(2022-09-02, 11:00)ashlar Wrote:

Guess I spoke to soon. Turning on HDR in Windows doesn't work. Any other suggestions on possible solutions to get HDR to turn on and off correctly?
Too little information on your specific configuration for Kodi, madVR, your display... as I mentioned I have a 3070 (for driver architecture I think it's identical to a 3080) and I've never had a problem going in and out from HDR using madVR and Kodi DSPlayer.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
MY locals channles on kodi mad titans 202 failed play back need to fix on kodi firestick
Hi there,

Been using Kodi 17.6 for years in my HTPC. Decided to update MadVR and do a clean install of Kodi because there's a 17.7 version and i thought why not?
Super happy with madVR, the movies scrappe fine, the music scrappes fine but the tv shows... the tv shows are dead. Apparently the TVDB scrapper got depricated and just stop working for kodi versions < 19.
So anyone else had this problem? Did you find a solution? Am i the only one?
I tried going back to 17.6 but had the same problem

Thanks for your time
(2022-09-22, 09:57)pusher Wrote: Apparently the TVDB scrapper got deprecated
Likely the python 3 update, and if your iteration of Kodi no longer supports the scraper, then you'll have to use an alternate method. 3rd party programs like TMM or Filebot offer to save .nfo & images directly to the movie folder. Load up the latest Kodi in Portable mode (wiki) pull up the scrapes of choice, then export as separate files, I'm not sure if the meta-data is going to import on your older version but it is worth a try, works for me for Leia atm.

Note: while you're in a portable mode of the latest Kodi, try it out with a local video, perhaps it's time to upgrade?
Ultimately I think the situation is TVDB is moving to a new api version (with new subscription model), and only Kodi TVDB v4 scraper (python 3 based, so matrix+)  will access it.   Might try TMDB TV show scraper as an alternative.

scott s.
(2022-09-24, 18:00)PatK Wrote: while you're in a portable mode of the latest Kodi, try it out with a local video, perhaps it's time to upgrade?
Image upscalers are still stuck at Lanczos and Spline in Kodi. I pray on an almost daily basis for a dev porting the best mvp scalers to Kodi. It should be possible and I kick myself for being uncapable of doing it.
I have a 3080ti and use the most recent drivers from a few days ago, and it works, as did the last 4 or 5 drivers.  enables and disables hdr on video start and end.
Deos anyone have an issue where if you pause a video for longer than a few minutes, when you resume it just starts dropping frames like crazy?  I can't figure out what I changed but it does it quite a bit now with my 2070 SUPER
(2022-10-18, 17:34)Mibuix0r Wrote: Deos anyone have an issue where if you pause a video for longer than a few minutes, when you resume it just starts dropping frames like crazy?  I can't figure out what I changed but it does it quite a bit now with my 2070 SUPER

I currently use a 3070 on my HTPC, I've never seen this happening.
(2022-10-15, 04:13)spencerjford Wrote: I have a 3080ti and use the most recent drivers from a few days ago, and it works, as did the last 4 or 5 drivers.  enables and disables hdr on video start and end.
Which Windows 10 version/update are you running? Now matter which Nvidia driver I try with my 3080 (12gb) card, I can't get HDr to disengage when I stop an HDR movie. Very frustrating. Maybe I need to roll back my Windows 10 version?
(2022-08-28, 13:43)ashlar Wrote:
(2022-08-27, 03:24)ayeroff Wrote: Hoping you can help me fix an issue.  Does anyone know the best Nvidia Graphics Driver to use with a 3080 graphics card to properly handle HDR content?
I have a 3070 in my HTPC and I use driver 516.59, with no problem switching back and forth from HDR.
Hello ashlar, could you give further details on your component versions and madvr settings ?
version of madvr (0.92.17 or alpha version?) , windows , lavfilter ?
madvr settings for hdr and full screen or windowed mode as those may cause hdr not switching off problem after player stop?
(2022-11-11, 17:36)cesar92 Wrote:
(2022-08-28, 13:43)ashlar Wrote:
(2022-08-27, 03:24)ayeroff Wrote: Hoping you can help me fix an issue.  Does anyone know the best Nvidia Graphics Driver to use with a 3080 graphics card to properly handle HDR content?
I have a 3070 in my HTPC and I use driver 516.59, with no problem switching back and forth from HDR.
Hello ashlar, could you give further details on your component versions and madvr settings ?
version of madvr (0.92.17 or alpha version?) , windows , lavfilter ?
madvr settings for hdr and full screen or windowed mode as those may cause hdr not switching off problem after player stop?
I will try to provide you with as much info as possible, just need to get to my HTPC which is currently not the easiest thing to do. But I'll try.
  • 519(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47