• 94(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
(2022-10-23, 11:39)MrMagic Wrote: @"heppenowski" Would you consider adding the new subtitle options from Kodi Nexus to this skin? In Nexus, the subtitles have their own sub-menu and a couple of new options were added.

I still think AZ2 is one of the best skins around, so thanks for keeping it alive!

Currently I'm not using Nexus, and I'm not really able to test it.
(2022-10-24, 09:30)heppenowski Wrote: Currently I'm not using Nexus, and I'm not really able to test it.

That's a shame Smile May I ask what kind of device you are running Kodi on?
Hi @"heppenowski" !!!

Great job on this awesone skin and many thanks for keeping it alive !
I am a user of the Advanced Emulator Launcher addon of which you have integrated @mechevarria 's views.
Would it be possible to have a square and landscape variant for the ROM views ? It would be my perfect skin ^^
(2022-10-24, 19:28)MrMagic Wrote:
(2022-10-24, 09:30)heppenowski Wrote: Currently I'm not using Nexus, and I'm not really able to test it.

That's a shame Smile May I ask what kind of device you are running Kodi on?
I have few devices but mainly developing on Linux.
(2022-10-25, 04:00)myghalloween Wrote: Hi @"heppenowski" !!!

I am a user of the Advanced Emulator Launcher addon of which you have integrated @mechevarria 's views.
Would it be possible to have a square and landscape variant for the ROM views ? It would be my perfect skin ^^
Sorry but I'm not familiar with AEL :/ I just merged PR and that's all I could do Tongue
Ok 8/
I'll see with @mechevarria if he can do anything
(2022-10-25, 12:01)myghalloween Wrote: Ok 8/
I'll see with @mechevarria if he can do anything
Sure, any PR would be welcomed.
(2022-10-25, 09:25)heppenowski Wrote: I have few devices but mainly developing on Linux.

Ah ok. I was wondering if you maybe run Kodi on an Android device. In that case you could use one of Maven's KodiNerds builds to run Kodi 19 and Kodi 20 along side each other, because they use different package names Smile

https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...meabi-v7a)
https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...arm64-v8a)
(2022-10-25, 20:01)MrMagic Wrote:
(2022-10-25, 09:25)heppenowski Wrote: I have few devices but mainly developing on Linux.

Ah ok. I was wondering if you maybe run Kodi on an Android device. In that case you could use one of Maven's KodiNerds builds to run Kodi 19 and Kodi 20 along side each other, because they use different package names Smile

https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...meabi-v7a)
https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...arm64-v8a)

Ok, I see. I can compile Nexus for Linux, that's no problem. I just did not need to use Nexus, but let's say I can install it. Maybe it's a time to switch my dev environment for something newer Smile
Tomorrow I will back to this if I won't forget (yeah, that's something can happen Big Grin ) and see if we can add those new options from Nexus. Also I noticed few problems with my changes to PVR so it should be corrected too.
(2022-10-23, 11:39)MrMagic Wrote: @"heppenowski" Would you consider adding the new subtitle options from Kodi Nexus to this skin? In Nexus, the subtitles have their own sub-menu and a couple of new options were added.

I still think AZ2 is one of the best skins around, so thanks for keeping it alive!
Could you please point me somewhere where I can read about this options from Nexus? I can't find any info and I'm not following this info too close Tongue
(2022-10-25, 09:27)heppenowski Wrote:

Sorry but I'm not familiar with AEL :/ I just merged PR and that's all I could do Tongue
Thats not a bad idea. I ran into that issue as well with SNES and other type games that do not have long boxes. Definitely look into. And yes, like @"heppenowski" I am on a Linux media box as well
(2022-10-26, 09:52)heppenowski Wrote: Could you please point me somewhere where I can read about this options from Nexus? I can't find any info and I'm not following this info too close

I'm not sure if all the new subtitles have been documented somewhere yet. I do know that @CastagnaIT has developed them and merged them into Kodi Nexus.

I made a screenshot of my Kodi 19 setup with the default Estuary skin where the subtitle options are located in the Player section under the Language menu.

In Kodi 20 the subtitle options are in a separate Subtitle menu under the Language menu, also in the Player section.

There are also more / different options than before such as Border size / color, Blur, Vertical margin etc.

(2022-10-26, 21:08)mechevarria Wrote:
(2022-10-25, 09:27)heppenowski Wrote:

Thats not a bad idea. I ran into that issue as well with SNES and other type games that do not have long boxes. Definitely look into. And yes, like @"heppenowski" I am on a Linux media box as well
Thank you for stopping by @mechevarria 
The ultimate solution to standardize the different box formats (there are many of them and are not even limited to square, poster or landscape, but some are less annoying), is to use icons or clearlogos! I am currently testing this solution and the rendering is not bad but it would be even better with adapted views: ROM Icon info wall Trailer, or ROM Logo info wall Trailer for example! 9 or 12 logos or icons displayed on the wall with a landscape for the title and/or the trailer, the info and the plot! That would be really great!
Keep us informed 8)

(I would like to be a tester if needed)
(2022-10-26, 21:58)MrMagic Wrote:
(2022-10-26, 09:52)heppenowski Wrote: Could you please point me somewhere where I can read about this options from Nexus? I can't find any info and I'm not following this info too close

I'm not sure if all the new subtitles have been documented somewhere yet. I do know that @CastagnaIT has developed them and merged them into Kodi Nexus.

I made a screenshot of my Kodi 19 setup with the default Estuary skin where the subtitle options are located in the Player section under the Language menu.

In Kodi 20 the subtitle options are in a separate Subtitle menu under the Language menu, also in the Player section.

There are also more / different options than before such as Border size / color, Blur, Vertical margin etc.

Thanks, I will check it.
Hi, 

i would also like to test this skin but it crashs for me when i scroll through TV channles  with pvr addon on androidtv with nexus Sad
seems to be a nexus prob, i got the same prob on old arctiv zephyr skin
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0