• 332(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2022-11-06, 14:50)SimonTurner190289 Wrote: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There will be no help whatsoever to Kodi setups with add-ons facilitating video piracy such as Seren.
Kindly (re)read our forum rules (wiki) and its piracy policy (wiki) before asking your next question.
Hi, 

I can see there is an option to restore default options, but I can not see into the menu a backup / restore option.  

Do you plan to include it?  It is really usefull to copy from a kodi into another one...

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
(2022-11-07, 14:12)jhoyos Wrote: Hi, 

I can see there is an option to restore default options, but I can not see into the menu a backup / restore option.  

Do you plan to include it?  It is really usefull to copy from a kodi into another one...

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

I would also like to have such an option, but these menu items are provided by the skin shortcuts addon. So there is nothing, a can do, sorry.
@beatmasterrs I've a 10 second long mp4 to play at startup using Skin Settings > Extras > Miscellaneous > Startup Video or Playlist which works but mp4 plays once then hangs for 5 minutes before going to the GUI.  Kodi thinks a movie is playing for 5 minutes.  I can exit to get to the GUI but the mp4 contunes to "play" for the full 5 minutes.  Any way to have it only play for the 10 seconds?

(2022-11-07, 19:02)sniktaw Wrote: @beatmasterrs I've a 10 second long mp4 to play at startup using Skin Settings > Extras > Miscellaneous > Startup Video or Playlist which works but mp4 plays once then hangs for 5 minutes before going to the GUI.  Kodi thinks a movie is playing for 5 minutes.  I can exit to get to the GUI but the mp4 contunes to "play" for the full 5 minutes.  Any way to have it only play for the 10 seconds?

I have no idea and think, there is nothing you can do from the skin side. Have you tested this behaviour with another test video file? If you start playing the file from the video section, it is also 5 minutes long?
(2022-11-07, 19:17)beatmasterrs Wrote: I have no idea and think, there is nothing you can do from the skin side. Have you tested this behaviour with another test video file? If you start playing the file from the video section, it is also 5 minutes long?

Great ideas both. I'll try.
(2022-11-07, 19:30)sniktaw Wrote:
(2022-11-07, 19:17)beatmasterrs Wrote: I have no idea and think, there is nothing you can do from the skin side. Have you tested this behaviour with another test video file? If you start playing the file from the video section, it is also 5 minutes long?

Great ideas both. I'll try.
Changed video and works as expected.  5 videos from same creator and 3 behave but 2 run for 5 minutes.  Time to investigate.  Thanks @beatmasterrs
Hi, any chance on getting IMAX icons? I have a movie with IMAX scenes but the detected and displayed ratio icon is still 16:9. My preferred way to label a file IMAX is to add it to the filename.

Also I noticed hlg icon isn't showing. I have a file that has (.hlg.) in the name but the hlg icon is not displayed. Not the end of the world though since I have only one title that has hlg.
(2022-11-09, 23:53)Archimedes Wrote: Hi, any chance on getting IMAX icons? I have a movie with IMAX scenes but the detected and displayed ratio icon is still 16:9. My preferred way to label a file IMAX is to add it to the filename.

Also I noticed hlg icon isn't showing. I have a file that has (.hlg.) in the name but the hlg icon is not displayed. Not the end of the world though since I have only one title that has hlg.

I think that in the kodi nexus version these things can be implemented, because I started to port the skin to the new version. Also with nexus, hdr type can be read from video file: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3079695
(2022-11-10, 16:45)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-11-09, 23:53)Archimedes Wrote: Hi, any chance on getting IMAX icons? I have a movie with IMAX scenes but the detected and displayed ratio icon is still 16:9. My preferred way to label a file IMAX is to add it to the filename.

I think that in the kodi nexus version these things can be implemented, because I started to port the skin to the new version. Also with nexus, hdr type can be read from video file: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3079695

Cool. Great to hear your skin is going to be on Nexus as well! Honestly I won't even update to Nexus if Arctic Zephyr Reloaded wouldn't work on it.

Another question:

"blu-ray" in the file name gives me a blu ray disc icon, but I wouldn't go this route as this should be decided be kodi based on file type.

how do I know which words to add to my file names to add "uhd blu-ray" icon? I accidentally summoned this uhd blu-ray icon when my filename contained "imax.blu-ray".

FYI it is a remux mkv for which I want to display this.
(2022-11-10, 19:54)Archimedes Wrote:

Cool. Great to hear your skin is going to be on Nexus as well! Honestly I won't even update to Nexus if Arctic Zephyr Reloaded wouldn't work on it.

Another question:

"blu-ray" in the file name gives me a blu ray disc icon, but I wouldn't go this route as this should be decided be kodi based on file type.

how do I know which words to add to my file names to add "uhd blu-ray" icon? I accidentally summoned this uhd blu-ray icon when my filename contained "imax.blu-ray".

A bluray icon is shown if one of the following matches the filename/path:

String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bluray) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bdrip) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bd25) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bd50) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,blu-ray)

Which bluray icon is shown, depends on the video resolution Smile
(2022-11-10, 20:23)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2022-11-10, 19:54)Archimedes Wrote:
(2022-11-10, 16:45)beatmasterrs Wrote: I think that in the kodi nexus version these things can be implemented, because I started to port the skin to the new version. Also with nexus, hdr type can be read from video file: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3079695

Another question:

A bluray icon is shown if one of the following matches the filename/path:

String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bluray) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bdrip) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bd25) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,bd50) | String.Contains(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,blu-ray)

Which bluray icon is shown, depends on the video resolution Smile

Thanks! That's funny because I swear I had two movies in 4k that were mkv and one had the blu-ray disc icon and one had the uhd blu-ray icon. Both had blu-ray in the name. Will check again.

Will check again.

Great news !!!!

Hello all,
I am having an issue when changing profiles set up using this skin and wondered if anyone could be of assistance.
When changing profiles my setup is failing to load properly on each profile. The profiles show properly when I make a change to the home layout and the skin shortcut pops up saying writing skin and building skin.
I have looked into this and a lot of threads are mentioning this is a common issue on switching profiles and the fix is to have an autoexec setup up that will run the script during log in.
I have set up and activated the autoexec but I don't know much about coding and wondered if anyone knew the coding I could put into the .py file for the writing and building skin to run during log in.
Thanks in advance.
Good news: The issue with short osd labels seems to be fixed. If anyone could please test this, would be nice Smile

Zip for testing: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...atch-8.zip

PR: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...d/pull/875
  • 332(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11