• 80(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2022-09-01, 21:13)the_3 Wrote: Uhh…weird. I installed from the Lunatixz Beta Repository, and PTVV is set to auto-update. I also uninstalled & manually reinstalled a few times recently – shouldn't that be giving me the newest version?

There is an additional repository under my beta repository that should be installed "PseudoTV Live repository".
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
oh, I installed it directly from the beta repository – is that not the newest version available? I should only install from the PTVL repository?
(2022-09-02, 22:10)the_3 Wrote: oh, I installed it directly from the beta repository – is that not the newest version available? I should only install from the PTVL repository?

They all have the lasted version. The issue maybe your settings that restrict updates from non origin repositories. Either way your issue should be fixed by updating.
Okay, I spoke too soon. I'm still having some transient troubles with channel population. Sometimes, they will all show up, and others, a channel or two will just "stop" and transition from the expected sequence of shows to just a blank nameless time block extending into the future. If I delete the .db files to force a rebuild, usually everything works for a while – but then eventually I start getting the empty block again on some channels.

Right now, I am seeing that problem with my MTV channel. Here is my log.
(2022-08-28, 22:01)Lunatixz Wrote: Not really, you'd have to clear the cache (simplecache.db) and delete the xmltv file to force a rebuild.

I'll look into adding additional code to handle smartplaylist changes....

Apologies for the dumb question, but I just realized I don't actually know how to do this. Where is the xmltv file and simplecache.db? Searching isn't showing up any obvious targets that seem like the things I should be deleting.
I know that this i a Kodi forum but this would be a great plug-in for Emby/Jellyfin... its everything that I would like to have for them but not keen on Kodi... all the time that I have tried to use it something always screws up then I have to rebuild it from the ground up and its never easy...
@mthomp9561,
Emby has a plugin that does something similar, called Virtual TV. If you don't want to use that one try ersatztv which is a separate program that can pull meta data from nfos in your media directory, or from Emby, Jellyfin or Plex. In return, it can act as an iptv source for any of them or Kodi. Actually any iptv client for that matter.

Cheers,
LongMan
Any idea what this is? I just get it over and over as P-Tv scans and says "Something went wrong, wait while I try again" forever until I end the program.
 ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:34.663 T:57624 WARNING <CSettingGroup>: unable to read setting "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:34.667 T:57624   ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:34.667 T:57624 WARNING <CSettingGroup>: unable to read setting "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:34.675 T:57624   ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:34.675 T:57624 WARNING <CSettingGroup>: unable to read setting "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:34.719 T:57624   ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:34.719 T:57624 WARNING <CSettingGroup>: unable to read setting "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:35.125 T:57624   ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2022-11-17 01:32:35.125 T:57624 WARNING <CSettingGroup>: unable to read setting "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
I had this a couple years back before Matrix on my Shield but I had to do a hard reset of everything. Because of that, I have forgotten how to set it up.

What should I type into my Kodi file manager to get to the Zip and repo?
When can we expect the next stages of the advanced channel rules and fillers to be put out? Really want to put ads and fillers in properly! Can't wait!!
I set up a fresh install this week and noticed that PseudoTV is not marking videos as "watched." FWIW, that's exactly the behavior that I want. I just want to understand if that's by design and something that should be reliable, or if it's a glitch and I shouldn't trust it.
(2022-11-22, 18:45)Kriven Wrote: I set up a fresh install this week and noticed that PseudoTV is not marking videos as "watched." FWIW, that's exactly the behavior that I want. I just want to understand if that's by design and something that should be reliable, or if it's a glitch and I shouldn't trust it.

I'd have to check, I know over the years Kodi's core watched flagging code has been tweaked. Are you using PVR playback method or Playlists? Thx
(2022-11-22, 00:23)harryc102 Wrote: When can we expect the next stages of the advanced channel rules and fillers to be put out? Really want to put ads and fillers in properly! Can't wait!!

Thanks for your interest, most of the work is finished however; I'm not happy with the limits of the channel configuration UI through Kodi and have been working on moving channel configurations to a web UI.
(2022-11-22, 21:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-11-22, 18:45)Kriven Wrote: I set up a fresh install this week and noticed that PseudoTV is not marking videos as "watched." FWIW, that's exactly the behavior that I want. I just want to understand if that's by design and something that should be reliable, or if it's a glitch and I shouldn't trust it.

I'd have to check, I know over the years Kodi's core watched flagging code has been tweaked. Are you using PVR playback method or Playlists? Thx
PVR Playback.
(2022-11-22, 22:33)Kriven Wrote:
(2022-11-22, 21:49)Lunatixz Wrote:

PVR Playback.
If you don't mind can you tell me if you notice the same behavior using the "playlist" playback method and report back? THX
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4