• 63(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
Just wanted to report and confirm that this issue is present at the latest kodi 19 and now current kodi 20 build https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/576 
Is there any plans for fixing this?
[font][font]I installed version 0.9.6 on my CoreElec 19.5 Matrix RC2, but tried to login with two different prime video accounts without success. The accounts are not recognized even in the next box with the capcha.I also tried different areas, ROW Europe, Germany and Auto, I live in Italy.What can I still try?[/font][/font]
(2022-12-02, 15:37)rob_l12 Wrote:
(2022-11-28, 14:50)Varstahl Wrote: You can download it straight from Kodi, it should show up as a regular update. Or you can download the zip manually from here
I think from your comment on github you missed the update for FreeVee in your latest update, right - so presumably another version with it in is incoming shortly?

I don't think this made it into a release yet. If you're on 0.9.6 and don't want to wait, I believe you can overwrite the playback.py file with this one to get freevee functionality back:
https://github.com/StollD/xbmc/blob/0e5b...layback.py

I always backup the old file first, just in case...
Just installed this plugin on my Windows 10 PC.  If I use a regular webpage or the Amazon Prime app, I get full quality HD.
But using Kodi + this plugin I'm only getting low resolution SD quality.
Is that expected behavior or should I be getting HD?
(2022-12-19, 01:55)CZ Eddie Wrote: Is that expected behavior or should I be getting HD?
I think on PC playback is restricted to SD.

https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/294
(2022-12-19, 01:55)CZ Eddie Wrote: Just installed this plugin on my Windows 10 PC.  If I use a regular webpage or the Amazon Prime app, I get full quality HD.
But using Kodi + this plugin I'm only getting low resolution SD quality.
Is that expected behavior or should I be getting HD?

This is a widevine L3 limitation, I've tried myself to force higher quality and Amazon responds with HD/UHD not allowed. Only L1 on android is being allowed to view higher level content.
Thanks, folks.  That's really unfortunate news.
Am I the only person when HDR10+ is checked (L1 Secure) all HDR10+ content has a framedrop/stutter but when unchecked the same content plays smoothly 🤔
(2022-12-21, 00:36)gemini88 Wrote: Am I the only person when HDR10+ is checked (L1 Secure) all HDR10+ content has a framedrop/stutter but when unchecked the same content plays smoothly 🤔

Assuming I can access the title I would be happy to check the same title on my machine and compare.

My machine:

Kodi 20.0-RC1 (20221210 on FireTV Cube Gen 3 FOS Gazelle:9 (Android TV 9), API Level 28, 3840x2160 Resolution), Network interface is ethernet and internet speed is 1200Mbps.

Should be a decent test bench whether it's hardware/network/software/amz/other, as yet I only have trouble with 3rd party videos using playready instead of widevine.
@"7890" Yes one of those titles being "The Peripheral" (using Nvidia  shield tv pro by the way)
(2022-12-21, 06:45)gemini88 Wrote: @"7890" Yes one of those titles being "The Peripheral" (using Nvidia  shield tv pro by the way)

No concerns here, 10 dropped frames in the first 2:40 and really they happened after 2:00, HEVC 4K BT2020 60Hz

Here's a screenshot with the video overlays on so you can check your output vs mine:

https://ibb.co/bddBppR

Cheers
@"7890" The concern is that all media when HDR10plus is enabled within the settings all HDR10 plus video stutter every 1 second
(2022-12-21, 14:23)gemini88 Wrote: @"7890" The concern is that all media when HDR10plus is enabled within the settings all HDR10 plus video stutter every 1 second

Rechecked and potentially did see this stutter but it wasn't very pronounced because I really had to look for it and I'm still only 40% sure I saw any stuttering.

In any case I checked the output from the official FireOS app for comparison and I do see a potential cause for this, in the official app it seems to be using a VFR (variable frame rate).
I've noted the frame rate change throughout, min-max from 23.300 to 24.000 but most of the time between 23.300 and 23.700, from Kodi playback is a CFR (constant frame rate) of 24.000.
Within the official app there are no frame drops.

This is possibly what's causing issues, everything else appears the same between  the Official Prime App and Kodi.

I attempted to include a screenshot of the video overlay during playback from prime however it blocks taking screenshots when prime is playing, if prime is not playing the overlay resets and is then useless.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
I am trying to run Amazon Prime VOD add-on, but the video just doesn't play. It loads for some seconds, then stops.

I have uploaded full log to this link. The event is the very last that starts at 5:01pm.
As a clue, CastagnaIT's Netflix add-on is playing fine.
Relevant technical details: OS Linux Ubuntu 22.10 (Kinetic Kudu), Kodi stable version 20.0-ALPHA2 (Nexus), Prime Video account from Spain (I just read it is not under support, but it works fine except the playback).

Error lines I can see in logs:
error <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: SendSessionMessage: Unable to find license;hdcpEnforcementResolutionPixels in JSON string
error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/pablo/.kodi/temp/fonts/
error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://temp/fonts/
error <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Decrypt Sample returns failure!
error <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Decrypt Sample returns failure!
error <general>: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true

I would appreciate your help. Thought that writing this post makes more sense that opening a bug, until confirmation.
Hi, i want to add a search shortcut to a custom skin search dialog which provides shortcuts to search-functions of different add-ons like YouTube and Prime Video.
I don't use the add-on myself since i got no login-credentials on hand, so i'm a bit in the dark here.

- What's the most sensible url i could use?

Years ago, i put the (possibly old) url "plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?cat=Browse&mode=Search&opt&page=1/url" in my skin, but is there a newer(?) url which results in

a) an opended keyboard dialog to input a search string
or
b) a directory which contains a search button within the add-on itself
?

I'm fine with both. I just need something sensible which brings the user "near" the search or search button of the add-on.

Thank you! Smile

Screenshot for context "which url to use?" for Prime Video:
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2