• 6(current)
Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
If I recall correctly, you'll need to purge Kodi first; the dmo guy uses strange version numbers to make sure his packages are installed above Debian ones.
It never installed, so I get the following:
sudo dpkg --purge kodi
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove kodi which isn't installed
You need
shell:
apt-get autoremove kodi*
and then install it again.
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
Thank you! That worked! Although I don't know why dpkg --purge kodi didn't.

Hopefully you can help me with my second problem.. I have this advanced.xml file that's worked fine in the past, but doesn't work now. The database never gets created but the kodi user is still listed and has full rights from when it was working previously. Maria-db version 10.5.15
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.2.17</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.2.17</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Just wanted to let you know I got it working. When the database upgraded to the new version, I had to reset the bind address.
Hello, is this the only support for Kodi on Debian? I'm having multiple issues and not sure where else to go  .... I'm trying to use a StreamZap IR remote but only a few of the buttons work. I tried to install the config file from Graysky's GitHub site, but that doesn't seem to have helped much. The tools recommended on the main Kodi site all seem to be limited to Ubuntu and not available from the Debian repositories (running Debian 11 Bullseye). I also have an RF keyboard attached that works well, but there's no "Pause" button!
The other main problem is that audio is out of sync on live TV (running through NextPVR from HDHomeRun). Intitially it's just a few milliseconds, but then increasing to five or six seconds. Streaming outside of Kodi has a similar issue, but not anywhere near so severe.
Thanks for any help!
@mlbliss Logs are needed to see what's happening!
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
I was planning on going back to Debian from last decade or so with Ubuntu , but then found out that Debian is not really supported with Kodi ? so what is the go with that ?

really wanted to run Proxmox so its not running inside a VM plus not having kernel updates that break zfs all the time would have been a bonus
(2022-12-10, 06:48)MasterCATZ Wrote: I was planning on going back to Debian from last decade or so with Ubuntu , but then found out that Debian is not really supported with Kodi ? so what is the go with that ?

really wanted to run Proxmox so its not running inside a VM plus not having kernel updates that break zfs all the time would have been a bonus
Debian is supported by me and I am the member of Kodi team. So in terms of "officiality" it is now equal to Ubuntu. Except the following: team's Ubuntu PPA has much more binary addons, that I can not package in Debian easily because of dated dependencies.
@basilgello Are you planning to package 19.5 for Debian, or are you just targeting 20.0 now?
(2022-12-26, 00:32)TheJezstarr Wrote: @basilgello Are you planning to package 19.5 for Debian, or are you just targeting 20.0 now?
Yes, I will do 19.5 for bullseye-updates (and buster-backports if it passes). Bookworm and sid will target 20. Just note it will require an approval from Debian Release Team to slip the package in stable update channel, so it may take some time.

If you want I can post links to deb packages prebuilt by me in this topic so you can testflight them while they will be on the way to official Debian Smile
This will help me too as I am using 20 on my HTPC instance. Just tell me which architecture to build for (amd64, i386…)
(2022-12-26, 07:16)basilgello Wrote:
(2022-12-26, 00:32)TheJezstarr Wrote: @basilgello Are you planning to package 19.5 for Debian, or are you just targeting 20.0 now?
Yes, I will do 19.5 for bullseye-updates (and buster-backports if it passes). Bookworm and sid will target 20. Just note it will require an approval from Debian Release Team to slip the package in stable update channel, so it may take some time.

If you want I can post links to deb packages prebuilt by me in this topic so you can testflight them while they will be on the way to official Debian Smile
This will help me too as I am using 20 on my HTPC instance. Just tell me which architecture to build for (amd64, i386…)

I'm more than happy to help test. I'm on Bookwork, though. If that doesn't matter, I'll need AMD64 Smile
Please, I need Kodi 20 for Bullseye. I run multiple instances of kodi on Linux and Android with a shared database. The Android boxes have updated to 20, which causes the database schema to update. So now if I watch something on an Android box the linux box(and vice versa) won't know about it since they are using different databases. Do you have a timeframe for this, or should I pursue finding a ubunto deb that will work?
@gargamon I will upload 20.0 final to backports once it migrates to testing (usually it takes few days). In the meantime I will build the installable deb for you. Do you need amd64 or i386?
@gargamon https://transfer.sh/xXYk5P/kodi-20.0-bullseye.tar

To install it, unpack the tarball to /tmp, then install whatever architecture you need:

shell:

cd /tmp
tar xf kodi-20.0-bullseye.tar
sudo dpkg -i /tmp/bullseye/amd64/{kodi,kodi-bin,kodi-data,kodi-repository-kodi,libdate-tz3}_*.deb
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi from Debian - Support Thread0