Release Kodi v20.0 "Nexus"
It's Time! We are pleased to present the latest release of Kodi, v20 "Nexus".

With over 4,600 commits since v19 "Matrix" was released on February 19th, 2021, this has been a huge effort. Thanks go out to our team members, and everyone in our community who sent a pull request, tested and gave feedback, or provided support to users on the forum. We appreciate your contribution to making Kodi better.

Read more here... https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-20-0-nexus-release/

Download from here... https://kodi.tv/download
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Oh neat, once the Linux Flatpak on Flathub is updated, I'm def looking forward to testing AV1 decoding on my Steam Deck.
My Microsoft Store version is still Build 20.0-RC2 (19.90.905) even after clicking Get Updates in the Microsoft Store library.  Is it still in review process?
(2023-01-17, 08:56)Keith Weisshar Wrote: Is it still in review process?
Yes, it is still waiting for approval.
Are you able to use the installer instead?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Excellent work team

Love how kodi now finally closes lot faster on android it used to be a big pain but now v20 it makes it so much easier

Again thanks for the support my support and development I appreciate you all

Kodi for Life ❤️❤️
Congratulations to the team! Thanks for your gift to the world.
(2023-01-17, 12:50)tdbnz Wrote: Excellent work team

Love how kodi now finally closes lot faster on android it used to be a big pain but now v20 it makes it so much easier

Again thanks for the support my support and development I appreciate you all

Kodi for Life ❤️❤️
I was shocked when I saw the update on the Play Store, since they skipped 19.4 and 19.5
A few days ago you've released an update for nvidia shiled devices for kodi nexus and since then kodi wont recognize any of my media files. When I scan my hdd it just shows empty folders. That is a major bug
(2023-01-19, 20:47)Gilnoiman Wrote: A few days ago you've released an update for nvidia shiled devices for kodi nexus and since then kodi wont recognize any of my media files. When I scan my hdd it just shows empty folders. That is a major bug
Did you try searching the Android support forum before posting? Lot's of people have already asked this.

Try:

On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

Then reopen Kodi.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2023-01-19, 20:47)Gilnoiman Wrote: That is a major bug

Two things...

- This is the announce and forum rules forum subsection, not the place to start bug posts.
- You could have searched the forum first, and then you would have found several other posts mentioning that there is already a workaround via Nvidia's settings, such as here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371368
Hi . The new update is asking to allow the new app read modify and delete all files on my device or any connected storage. App may access my files   without my knowledge .

Is this Correct please
(2023-01-28, 22:10)Scottie2402 Wrote: Hi . The new update is asking to allow the new app read modify and delete all files on my device or any connected storage. App may access my files   without my knowledge .

Is this Correct please

See the pretty blue and gold banner at the top of the forum...

If you want to play files that are stored locally, then you need to give Kodi access to them. Android tightened up its security requirements, so this approval is needed if you want to do it. As Kodi also allows its users to manipulate (move, delete, update etc) the files as well, those permissions are also needed.

Nothing is going to do anything without your knowledge, but to operate the privs are needed. If you don't give them, then Kodi won't work properly (or at all).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello! Support for Headless server features was promised in 2020. Kodi 20 is ready, where can I find this server?

https://youtu.be/5rG_BFA-U6o
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=370583
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v20.0 "Nexus"0