Reorganization of video library
Hello,

I want to reorganize my video library, which results in changes of the path for each object in the library.

Is there a way to bulk-edit the path in the library database?

TIA,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
(2023-03-19, 13:17)BartZorn Wrote: Is there a way to bulk-edit the path in the library database?

Sure... if you know your way around SQL database queries/statements. You will need to edit the content of 3-4 tables. You will also need to (re)cache your Thumbnails as their hashes are "calculated" using the paths to each video. Most of that should be done automatically.

Or, you could first do a video export to separate nfo files (and backup your current video database). Then drop the video database, and have Kodi rescrape your video collection. That way, all the old & unnecessary stuff will disappear and a clean video database will appear.
(2023-03-19, 13:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2023-03-19, 13:17)BartZorn Wrote: Is there a way to bulk-edit the path in the library database?

Sure... if you know your way around SQL database queries/statements. You will need to edit the content of 3-4 tables. You will also need to (re)cache your Thumbnails as their hashes are "calculated" using the paths to each video. Most of that should be done automatically.

Or, you could first do a video export to separate nfo files (and backup your current video database). Then drop the video database, and have Kodi rescrape your video collection. That way, all the old & unnecessary stuff will disappear and a clean video database will appear.

Thanks!

No, I am not enough familiar with SQL, so I will try the second option.

Regards,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reorganization of video library0