• 19(current)
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player
(2023-01-03, 23:34)hdmkv Wrote: HDR10+ would be nice as well, plus VP9 (up to 4K/60) support.
We already support these features on Vero 4K / 4K +
We don't plan to introduce a new device that takes this functionality away; same re. 3D support.
That's great to hear Sam.
ok, after a frustrating time with Firestick 4K & DD+ / DTS payback issues, just ordered a Vero - let's hope it just plays everything uneventfullySmile
(2023-01-09, 11:50)mickyb Wrote: ok, after a frustrating time with Firestick 4K & DD+ / DTS payback issues, just ordered a Vero - let's hope it just plays everything uneventfullySmile
You should be fine -- and if you have any issues you can get help at https://discourse.osmc.tv or via email.
We've run out of stock however, so nothing will ship until Monday 16th. 

Sam
thanks Sam - will look forward to the arrival!
Hello

I have Verizon fios connected to a netgear 5 port ethernet unmanaged switch GS605. If I hardwire the vero 4k+ to the netgear switch It will not have internet access. If I connect directly to the verizon fios it will.

Is there a setting on the vero 4k+ so I can use it hardwired? I do not know why the switch is blocking the Vero

Thanks
(2023-02-01, 01:55)Edworld Wrote: Hello

I have Verizon fios connected to a netgear 5 port ethernet unmanaged switch GS605. If I hardwire the vero 4k+ to the netgear switch It will not have internet access. If I connect directly to the verizon fios it will.

Is there a setting on the vero 4k+ so I can use it hardwired? I do not know why the switch is blocking the Vero

Thanks

That's weird.  I'd check your cabling. I've never had any issues with devices like my Vero plugged into switches.  As the switch is unmanaged it should be doing nothing to traffic other than switching it between ports. (If you had a managed switch I'd have got you to check you hadn't accidentally got VLANs etc. configured which could block some traffic between ports)
(2023-02-01, 01:55)Edworld Wrote: Hello

Thanks

This switch is a normal dumb L2 switch so no VLANs, filtering etc.  That is good and the likely cause is cabling.  This switch has auto trunk detection so any port should be able to be connected to any device and Ethernet cable polarity (i.e. normal vs. crossover) shouldn't be an issue either.  I'd first look at the port lights when you have the switch installed.  Are they both on and blinking for both ports ?  If you use the same cable from the Vero 4k+ to the switch and move it directly from the Vero 4K+ to the FIOS router does it work ?  If so, try the direct Vero 4K+ to FIOS router connection with the other cable and see if it works ?  That could help test both cables.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Considering this to replace my htpc for 3d and to use for 4k. Is there any limitations? I saw Dolby Atmos 7.1. What if I have 9.2 receiver. Will everything pass?

Edit: how bad are the 3d issues? I like easy player one
Yes, all HD/object based audio will pass. It’s an easy, straight to Kodi and enjoy 3D player. The only minor thing is that seeking with 3D ISO’s is a bit sluggish. The hardware is showing its age a bit. MVC MKV’s play great.
I heard ready player one and avatar and whatever have some issues, are they really bad?  That should have said ready player one above and not easy player one.  And what am I giving up by not having dolby vision?  Its between this and the Zidoo 1000 pro
(2023-03-25, 15:08)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, all HD/object based audio will pass. It’s an easy, straight to Kodi and enjoy 3D player. The only minor thing is that seeking with 3D ISO’s is a bit sluggish. The hardware is showing its age a bit. MVC MKV’s play great.

The 3D ISO navigation performance should be improve in the future. We will also update the libbluray version we use which should yield some benefits.
I thought the 3d issue was with mvc mkv and certain titles?
(2023-03-25, 18:51)robl45 Wrote: I thought the 3d issue was with mvc mkv and certain titles?

That’s a separate issue. If you’re using MKVs and not ISOs you won’t have latency when seeking.
(2023-03-25, 18:53)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 18:51)robl45 Wrote: I thought the 3d issue was with mvc mkv and certain titles?

That’s a separate issue. If you’re using MKVs and not ISOs you won’t have latency when seeking.

I didn't ask about that issue, I don't use ISO's, I was asking about the MVC MKV issue.  What type of issue and how bad is it, I don't know what the Macroblocking or whatever looks like or means.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player1