• 40(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
(2023-03-30, 11:36)ugotit Wrote: I can understand your thoughts and the longer I work with your skin now I can understand the decision. 

I have one more question

My own playlists are outsourced because I use kodi in several rooms. The playlist of my daughter I always use as a widget or as a main entry in the home menu depending on what options are given to me by the respective skin. In your skin I do not find this option I can only create all playlists. Only in the skin based playlists I have the choice to select one of many. Then I tried it via the favorites but also here there is only the choice either all or none. 

So would it be possible that you can create the option in the category favorites so that I also have there the choice to choose only one favorite instead of all favorites I made? 

I hope my english is not to bad to understand what I mean
You should be able to make your daughter's playlist as a widget or as a main menu item. 

To choose it as a widget, go to Settings > Copacetic > Widgets, then change the widget you want to Custom and for Path, navigate to Video Library > Playlist > Name of playlist. Your personal playlists should be at the bottom of the list. You can change the name, limit and sort direction also if you prefer. 

To choose it as a home menu item, go to General > Menus > Home Menu then you can click on the plus to add a new row, then go to the right menu and 'Choose item for menu' - then you can do the same (Video Library > Playlist > Name of Playlist). By default it should use the fanarts from the items in the playlist as a slideshow when you are on that menu item, but you can also change this if you prefer by choosing Select Background in the same menu.

One other feature I find quite useful for my kids' playlists is in Settings > Copacetic > Home > Override home menu backgrounds. If you choose custom source in the slider, then you can use your children's playlist here and it will only show artwork from that playlist on the home screen. I do this to ensure my young kids aren't seeing scary images from my horror films when Kodi is left on the home screen, they only see the images from their films.
(2023-03-29, 22:57)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-03-28, 13:26)DrDream Wrote: Hi,
Just setup my nexus with this skin and absolutely love it!!

Only got a couple of things I wish this skin has.

1. ClearArt for movies in every view. Billboard view is stunning but the titles in white bold font is not only looks unappealing but also not very OLED friendly.

2. Metacritic/RT/IMDb ratings for every view instead of the certifications (why not have both).

3. Very happy that AutoPlay trailers is finally here for the skin, but I hope there is a delay we can set for trailer playing. Just selecting a movie instantly plays trailers and I keep having to back out of it. I wish there was an option to delay trailer playback by whatever time we want just like Arctic Zephyr skin iirc.

Thank you for constantly updating the skin. Probably will be sticking with this for the forseeable future. 🙏🏽

Glad you're enjoying it.

1. What clearart do you mean? I support clearlogos for Billboard/Showcase/Strip. List and Grid will realistically never support additional art types because there's just not really any space.

2. This starts to be what I feel like is unnecessary clutter. Personally I don't care about any ratings except maybe my own. The ethos of the skin was always to strip out as much of the distractions as possible that I felt I was getting bogged down in using other skins. I believe for Metacritic/IMDB/RT ratings I would also need to start using an addon like tmdbhelper to access the relevant APIs and that's something I've been keen to avoid - relying on other people's addons.

3. I've added the option to set the delay length before trailers autoplay in settings > copacetic > extra. Currently you can select  2-10 seconds. Let me know if you need a larger range and I can edit it accordingly.

1. Yes I meant Clearlogos. They do work fine while browsing videos / music tabs but not in widgets created on the home screen.

2. Definitely can understand the concerns and the design language.. It'd just be a big plus if it's an option. Regardless, this is my to go to skin from now on. 💯👌🏽👌🏽

3. I can't seem to find the trailer delay option in the extras menu. These are the only options I see brother.

(2023-03-30, 14:56)DrDream Wrote:
(2023-03-29, 22:57)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-03-28, 13:26)DrDream Wrote: Hi,
Just setup my nexus with this skin and absolutely love it!!

Only got a couple of things I wish this skin has.

1. ClearArt for movies in every view. Billboard view is stunning but the titles in white bold font is not only looks unappealing but also not very OLED friendly.

2. Metacritic/RT/IMDb ratings for every view instead of the certifications (why not have both).

3. Very happy that AutoPlay trailers is finally here for the skin, but I hope there is a delay we can set for trailer playing. Just selecting a movie instantly plays trailers and I keep having to back out of it. I wish there was an option to delay trailer playback by whatever time we want just like Arctic Zephyr skin iirc.

Thank you for constantly updating the skin. Probably will be sticking with this for the forseeable future. 🙏🏽

Glad you're enjoying it.

1. What clearart do you mean? I support clearlogos for Billboard/Showcase/Strip. List and Grid will realistically never support additional art types because there's just not really any space.

2. This starts to be what I feel like is unnecessary clutter. Personally I don't care about any ratings except maybe my own. The ethos of the skin was always to strip out as much of the distractions as possible that I felt I was getting bogged down in using other skins. I believe for Metacritic/IMDB/RT ratings I would also need to start using an addon like tmdbhelper to access the relevant APIs and that's something I've been keen to avoid - relying on other people's addons.

3. I've added the option to set the delay length before trailers autoplay in settings > copacetic > extra. Currently you can select  2-10 seconds. Let me know if you need a larger range and I can edit it accordingly.

1. Yes I meant Clearlogos. They do work fine while browsing videos / music tabs but not in widgets created on the home screen.

2. Definitely can understand the concerns and the design language.. It'd just be a big plus if it's an option. Regardless, this is my to go to skin from now on. 💯👌🏽👌🏽

3. I can't seem to find the trailer delay option in the extras menu. These are the only options I see brother.

Broken img link in the above comment.

Here are the trailer autoplay options I see. I'm currently on copacetic 0.9.112

(2023-03-30, 15:00)DrDream Wrote:
(2023-03-29, 22:57)realcopacetic Wrote: Glad you're enjoying it.

OK, I should be able to add clearlogos to widgets soon.

Please upgrade to newest version (0.9.114). If you installed via repo, you may need to check for updates in addons first
*pls delete meh*
(2023-03-29, 22:57)realcopacetic Wrote: Glad you're enjoying it.

Ok if you update to 0.9.115 you should be able to enable clearlogos on home widgets under Settings > Copacetic > Home > Widgets.

For now it's one toggle for clearlogos on all widgets showing movies or TV shows. If anyone wants, I can add it as a per widget setting instead.

It's running in tandem with the background cropping service, let me know if you run into any issues
(2023-03-30, 14:29)realcopacetic Wrote: navigate to Video Library > Playlist > Name of playlist. Your personal playlists should be at the bottom of the list.
strange, if I chosse this way it only displays one playlist out of four of my own and then your skin playlists of course. But if I choose "Video Library > Playlists" for the home menu, I can see all of my playlists. Now i remember the same problem with a other skin before but in this case i had the possibility to solve it via the favorites.

Does this have anything to do with outsourcing my playlists? Although then I should also not be displayed my playlists under playlists. The whole thing confuses me right now
(2023-03-31, 17:23)ugotit Wrote:
(2023-03-30, 14:29)realcopacetic Wrote: navigate to Video Library > Playlist > Name of playlist. Your personal playlists should be at the bottom of the list.
strange, if I chosse this way it only displays one playlist out of four of my own and then your skin playlists of course. But if I choose "Video Library > Playlists" for the home menu, I can see all of my playlists. Now i remember the same problem with a other skin before but in this case i had the possibility to solve it via the favorites.

Does this have anything to do with outsourcing my playlists? Although then I should also not be displayed my playlists under playlists. The whole thing confuses me right now

I don't know how remote access to playlists works but if you want access to playlists across several devices I would recommend copy pasting the playlists into the playlist folder in userdata folder on each device.

I don't think the skin would have any control over this or how favourites functions, unfortunately, so I'm not sure I can help much with this
(2023-03-31, 16:33)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-03-30, 14:56)DrDream Wrote: 1. Yes I meant Clearlogos. They do work fine while browsing videos / music tabs but not in widgets created on the home screen.

Ok if you update to 0.9.115 you should be able to enable clearlogos on home widgets under Settings > Copacetic > Home > Widgets.

For now it's one toggle for clearlogos on all widgets showing movies or TV shows. If anyone wants, I can add it as a per widget setting instead.

It's running in tandem with the background cropping service, let me know if you run into any issues

Superb update!! 💯 👌🏽 👌🏽 Thank you so much for this!!
Hi,

must ask for help. Copacetic is installed on Kodi 20.1, Google Chromecast with TV, but now I cant change to any other skin. Whenever I select another skin, it just revert to Copacetic.

I dont have access to obb folder in order to change gui.xml file, so I am now stuck here.

How to change to any other skin from Copacetic?
(2023-04-04, 14:27)Jetsetwilx Wrote: Hi,

must ask for help. Copacetic is installed on Kodi 20.1, Google Chromecast with TV, but now I cant change to any other skin. Whenever I select another skin, it just revert to Copacetic.

I dont have access to obb folder in order to change gui.xml file, so I am now stuck here.

How to change to any other skin from Copacetic?

Try disabling it in add-ons? I've never seen anything like that before. Once it switches skins and asks if you want to keep it that skin is loaded so it would be nothing to do with Copacetic then
I can't disable it in addons because it does not allow it. Copacetic skin is active and therefore it can't be disabled, removed, deleted or anything else. If I choose another skin from menu, there is a switching to new skin but only for a two seconda and then it revert to Copacetic.

So, Google Chromecast with TV, android 12, Kodi 20.1 - once when this skin is installed it can't be changed anymore.
This is what is happening:

https://files.fm/u/w7tdsrycu
Sorry, this is correct link to video:

https://files.fm/u/u8pe4247e
(2023-04-04, 18:27)Jetsetwilx Wrote: Sorry, this is correct link to video:

https://files.fm/u/u8pe4247e

I don't know why those skins aren't loading properly, you should see they text and buttons to accept them but they all look empty. Does it work if you press ok or left/right then ok while the new skin is briefly visible?
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8