• 25(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
I love the new settings.

Can I request for landscape viewtype for add-ons? It's just hard to navigate in square viewtype in touchscreen devices.
I have AH2 on 1 Shield and I recently bought another but I can't get it to install on the new one. Skin Textures and TMDB Helper won't install the needed versions. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is there something I did wrong?
(2023-10-26, 02:27)M0NKE3MAN Wrote: I have AH2 on 1 Shield and I recently bought another but I can't get it to install on the new one. Skin Textures and TMDB Helper won't install the needed versions. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is there something I did wrong?

Change addon settings - "update addons from: any repo"
Your work is fantastic, I've never seen a skin that looks professionally designed and beautiful as this one. A big thank you.

Now a quick question about changing font size in specific area: when the dialog opens (for example to show subtitles to download via addon), it is REALLY tiny for me too see.

Is there a way to change font size for that area only? I can't figure out which one to look at in fonts.xml.

Can you please give me a hint?

Thanks
Here posting let me first of all thank you for all the great work on this skin I've been a long time fan of all your work as I just recently discovered that all of my previously used skins are all your projects not to mention the add-ons that go along with it. They really help to make Kodi feel like  much more matured software, truly spectacular work!

edit: Already figured out my own question so I'll just leave the compliments
Great Skin, I’m already using it on one setup.
On my coreelec I can only see AH, AH2 and eminence in the skins folder and not the arctic fuse skin.
Is there a reason I am not seeing it?
I am trying to change the spotlight in live tv to something different but I have no idea what I am doing.

Stock it says this:

pvr://channels/tv/*?view=lastplayed

The only thing I have managed to get working is changing "lastplayed" to "random"

pvr://channels/tv/*?view=random

I would like to pull the spotlight from only one category of the pvr like VOD for example.

So far not getting very far. Not sure where to go to research this either.

Any suggestions? Thank you. Still really liking this skin.
Do you have any idea why when I switch to the skin, I only see the new interface for a very short time and then it switches back to the previous skin without any error message?
I use Kodi 20.2 on Zidoo Z9X (Android).
(2023-10-28, 15:59)Nae9xaer Wrote: I would like to pull the spotlight from only one category of the pvr like VOD for example.

I assume by "category" you mean channel group. If so, see here for paths:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs#PVR
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Is there a way to keep the categories items without the spotlight header? All I seem to be able to do is either spotlight + categories or widgets only
(2023-10-31, 02:29)Zeplumber Wrote: Is there a way to keep the categories items without the spotlight header? All I seem to be able to do is either spotlight + categories or widgets only

No because otherwise the space would be blank which would look very strange.

EDIT: Also I'm open to suggestions about how it could work or an alternative that could go in that space. It's not that I'm opposed to the idea -- spotlight is there out of necessity because I can't see any other way to not just have a big blank space in the whole top section (which imho would look broken and unappealing).
Would it be possible to show the artwork of the widget related to the category items?

For example, I make a Up Next Episodes under the category item and it shows the artwork for this widget? Same as if you press down to see the entire widget?

Just a suggestion, the spotlight makes loading the skin much longer on my Shield Pro. I have to admit though that it looks very good, but it's not useful for me sadly as you can only go one side and the spotlight is "fixed" so you can't have more than one item per spotlight/hub. I guess adding the possibility to have more than one spotlight would make things even slower anyway

Maybe it's just an OCD thing though and if nobody else wants that I could also see that it's not interesting for you to implement

Thanks for confirming the information though, I was going crazy trying to do this
(2023-10-31, 04:06)Zeplumber Wrote: Would it be possible to show the artwork of the widget related to the category items?

For example, I make a Up Next Episodes under the category item and it shows the artwork for this widget? Same as if you press down to see the entire widget?

Just a suggestion, the spotlight makes loading the skin much longer on my Shield Pro. I have to admit though that it looks very good, but it's not useful for me sadly as you can only go one side and the spotlight is "fixed" so you can't have more than one item per spotlight/hub. I guess adding the possibility to have more than one spotlight would make things even slower anyway

Maybe it's just an OCD thing though and if nobody else wants that I could also see that it's not interesting for you to implement

Thanks for confirming the information though, I was going crazy trying to do this

A bit of a side note but the spotlight widget does show more than one item. You should be able to press right from the "More information" button to scroll through the items (you can also configure the left/right spotlight actions in navigation settings). It should also autoscroll when not focused.

But more to the point - yes what you're suggesting about instead displaying info and artwork for widget below would be ideal but unfortunately not really possible because the ID of the first widget container in each category is not known in advance (whereas spotlight always has the same static ID number).

In AH2 I hacked it a bit by guessing what the first ID is likely to be based upon position of the menu -- e.g. 2601 is, for the most part, the 1st widget of 2nd category in AH2 because I assign widget IDs with the formula: (mainmenuPos*1000 + 600 + widgetPos). In AF though, the adaptive submenu widget complicates things by adding an extra 3 IDs per category as the possible top item (and since the skinning engine needs the conditions to have hardcoded IDs then it really starts ballooning out once you multiply the conditions by four).
I get it now, Personnally I wouldn't mind a static photo like home or movies but then again I understand it's your creation.

On PC it doesn't really matter as everything loads instantly

Another thing that I could see that would look good and maybe make things faster is maybe the possibility to put a custom thumbnail there?

Sorry I'm throwing ideas but now I know I'm not entirely alone who would (not that there's a million of us lol)
Skin looks great, by far the best one I've found to emulate a nice clean look. One thing I can't seem to get setup is a movie and TV show library page, sorted alphabetically like the one in your screenshots. Is that a hub or a widget? How do I implement that?

Is there also any way to toggle the sorting type while in said library? I'd love to be able to toggle filtering too if possible.

Keep up the awesome work! Will throw some $$$ at you 😁
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0