Last Kodi nightly 20230630-b3ad2818-master-armeabi-v7a and Mkv Fel
(2023-07-18, 14:02)KitM Wrote: I can confirm that the Kodi nightly master does decode both (mkv) HEVC files with FEL on the UgoosAM6b+. The reason I know is that I can see both as there is ghosting of the EL layer. But definitely a big improvement as before when testing Jaws it wouldn't really play at all.
Unfortunately I didn't have much success with a profile 8.1 mkv the lipsync went off after 30 seconds. Tried the latest nightly and it did the same but monsoons played it perfectly.
Odd as I'm sure it worked okay before, I'll have to do some more testing, thanks for the updates.

Sorry to requote an old(ish) post but am trying to get Jaws UHD with Dolby Vision to trigger both from MKV or from BDMV but with no luck. Metadata says it's Dolby Vision but plays in HDR. Do the nightly master play Jaws with dolby vision?
(2023-08-07, 10:44)guypb Wrote:
(2023-07-18, 14:02)KitM Wrote: I can confirm that the Kodi nightly master does decode both (mkv) HEVC files with FEL on the UgoosAM6b+. The reason I know is that I can see both as there is ghosting of the EL layer. But definitely a big improvement as before when testing Jaws it wouldn't really play at all.
Unfortunately I didn't have much success with a profile 8.1 mkv the lipsync went off after 30 seconds. Tried the latest nightly and it did the same but monsoons played it perfectly.
Odd as I'm sure it worked okay before, I'll have to do some more testing, thanks for the updates.

Sorry to requote an old(ish) post but am trying to get Jaws UHD with Dolby Vision to trigger both from MKV or from BDMV but with no luck. Metadata says it's Dolby Vision but plays in HDR. Do the nightly master play Jaws with dolby vision?
OK so it turns out that on Sony A80J running Google TV the Dolby Vision works, however on a Sony x950h running Android it doesn't - both running same build of Omega and both with the same MKV.
Good news about this work in progress from Team Kodi. Today's build "kodi-20230808-be5b014b-master-armeabi-v7a.apk" is a step ahead. For the first time some movies start to play regularly from the beginning and other still require to play with stop and go.
I think that the Kodi Team is working seriously to sort the problem out. Many thanks Kodi Team.
I wish that everybody who owns the Ugoos am6B plus ot rhe minix or the google chromecast with google tv should try these last updates and report.
[font]感谢您测试每晚版本[/font]
@Nailuo1993

We are an English forum. Please also post a translation. Google Translate
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'll have to try the latest version out, sounds like good progress!
@ragico as you are testing each nightly, could you let us know when the official nightly becomes as stable as the builds by @monsoon - or, when they surpass the Monsoon builds?

Also, have you tried slimBOXtv? I'd be curious if that improves anything.
where can i find monsoons build i searched online but never found them
The 21/08 version is the best at moment but not stable yet. work in progress anyway thanks to kodi team. 
I have tried the slimbox firmware and imho is worst than the original 0.54 Ugoos firmware. So I stay with it.
(2023-08-22, 06:05)amitanubha Wrote: where can i find monsoons build i searched online but never found them

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3151027
Definitely lots of progress being made thank you Team Kodi.
Today's build (22/08) better still.
Anyway, differently from monsoon's build, the official kodi is very sensible to the movie remux quality. I think that, maybe, any minimal syncro error beteween the two video tracks (BL and EL) is not forgiven in the official build and the consequences are a short stuttering or stop and go whilst monsoons's builds are more forgivable. Maybe I am wrong thinking this. So, if you have heavy stuttering or stop and go, you can try a different remux and see if there is any difference. I have solved many problems using different remux.
Thanks Team Kodi for your consistent efforts.
Does the monsoon build have any negatives? Or is it worth getting an Ugoo AM6B Plus for this Build?
(2023-11-11, 09:01)Sunset2023 Wrote: Does the monsoon build have any negatives? Or is it worth getting an Ugoo AM6B Plus for this Build?

you mean other than it being built from a Nightly code base that likely contains bugs from March and will never be updated or supported because the user will not provide the source for their changes?

yea i can see nothing going wrong with that ... (sarcasm)
yes, I may have bugs, that's why I ask. I want a solution to play DV FEL MkV files with matching framerate and HDAudio and for now it seems, it's the only option to get an Ugo Am6B plus with monsoons build till official Kodi caught up with fel...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last Kodi nightly 20230630-b3ad2818-master-armeabi-v7a and Mkv Fel0