• 8(current)
obsolete. deleted.
Yes please @monsoons come back
this thread has had nothing to do with kodi or android or general support in almost 2 months

maybe it should be in "Off-Topic" for everyone wanting to send messages to monsoons instead of focus on the developers actively working on kodi and giving them your love and support
Good point.
…….
Sad to see this guy go, was just thinking of buying a ugoos box. However, since we have 2 builds with it fixed, what is the potential of decompiling his builds and comparing with a normal build from the branch and date he mentioned? I'm no expert but I was able to decompile the apks and find that the only changes were in libkodi.so. unfortunately I barely understand c++ let alone assembly, but what is the feasibility of something like this?
Nova Video Player can perform similar functions as FEl for DV. I recommend checking the repository of Nova Video Player for more information, as it may provide helpful insights
(2023-08-08, 02:05)niyman Wrote: Sad to see this guy go, was just thinking of buying a ugoos box. However, since we have 2 builds with it fixed, what is the potential of decompiling his builds and comparing with a normal build from the branch and date he mentioned? I'm no expert but I was able to decompile the apks and find that the only changes were in libkodi.so. unfortunately I barely understand c++ let alone assembly, but what is the feasibility of something like this?

Nova Video Player can perform similar functions as FEl for DV. I recommend checking the repository of Nova Video Player for more information, as it may provide helpful insights
What an incredible story... what was they guy/gal's worry? Did he violate open source license somehow?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-10-29, 00:24)ashlar Wrote: What an incredible story... what was they guy/gal's worry? Did he violate open source license somehow?

Nobody really knows. He just left after being asked to publish his source code.

Anyhow, according to @ragico in this thread FEL movies have been working in Kodi's nightly on the Ugoo since June, albeit with some issues.
Unfortunately the issues are still the same and do not seem to improve.
It's a pity @monsoon didn't at least share with anyone what he changed/added to his build versus the master tree build - then at least it could be replicated by Kodi devs.
(2023-10-29, 12:25)ragico Wrote: Unfortunately the issues are still the same and do not seem to improve.

What are those issues?
(2023-11-11, 13:45)Sunset2023 Wrote:
(2023-10-29, 12:25)ragico Wrote: Unfortunately the issues are still the same and do not seem to improve.

What are those issues?
The movies either do not start or start and stop after a few frames. Some master builds are better than others but no one has sorted these problems out. So maybe the kodi devs are not really interested to find a solution. I do not know the reason but all Studio Canal Fel mkv's movies play without problems in kodi master builds. All of them are 24HZ no one is 23,976HZ. Anyway I use monsoon's build that at least play all the mkv fel correctly in my Ugoos am6B plus. Maybe end of the story.
Does the Ugoo AM6B+ with the monsoon build have any downsides? does it support framematching, HD Audio Passthrough and a good picture quality?
(2023-11-11, 17:28)ragico Wrote:
(2023-11-11, 13:45)Sunset2023 Wrote:  
The movies either do not start or start and stop after a few frames. Some master builds are better than others but no one has sorted these problems out. So maybe the kodi devs are not really interested to find a solution. I do not know the reason but all Studio Canal Fel mkv's movies play without problems in kodi master builds. All of them are 24HZ no one is 23,976HZ. Anyway I use monsoon's build that at least play all the mkv fel correctly in my Ugoos am6B plus. Maybe end of the story.

Does the Ugoo AM6B+ with the monsoon build have any downsides? does it support framematching, HD Audio Passthrough and a good picture quality?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
obsolete. deleted.0