• 19(current)
[New Feature] Movie version
(2023-12-09, 01:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote: As for the INFO labels, I mentioned previously that I cannot get IsVideoExtras to be true.
@mikeSiLVO How/where did you test this?
(2023-12-09, 18:11)XODIDOX Wrote:
(2023-12-09, 17:51)jjd-uk Wrote: @XODIDOX something odd is happening with that branch. Initially I thought great it was now working as I got the correct Estuary defined colour for selected however after restarting Kodi it appears to have stopped working, and I'm back to white text for the selected item. Need to investigate further.

I tested it and it worked after restarting Kodi. May be your color modification lost after restarting. Are you sure the expected defaults.xml file is used after restarting Kodi?

Must have accidently messed something up earlier. All appears to be fine now and is exactly as I'd expect it to be.

Ping me once you get to creating a PR.
(2023-12-09, 23:32)jjd-uk Wrote: Ping me once you get to creating a PR.

Sure. I'll create a PR for the changes after the dependent PR 24148 (PR) merged.
(2023-12-09, 20:37)XODIDOX Wrote: @mikeSiLVO How/where did you test this?

In the library views and in DialogVideoVersions.xml with an item that has extras. I'd expect it to be true when focused on or selecting an extra.

Using the latest Kodi version (5e70594e) I also see that videoversionplay was changed to videoversionselect. Will that be the final window name?
(2023-12-10, 04:02)mikeSiLVO Wrote: In the library views and in DialogVideoVersions.xml with an item that has extras. I'd expect it to be true when focused on or selecting an extra.
Seems there is a misunderstanding for this label. The IsVideoExtras infoLabel is for the extras item itself, not for the parent movie item which will always be false. When in library, it's only applicable when you turned on the "Show video with multiple versions as folder" option, this container contains all movie versions and extras, you can use ListItem.IsVideoExtras to check if a specific one is extras or version. In the video version dialog, you should check the Container(51).ListItem, instead of ListItem which is the parent movie item.
Quote:Using the latest Kodi version (5e70594e) I also see that videoversionplay was changed to videoversionselect. Will that be the final window name?
"videoversionselect" should be the final name.
(2023-12-10, 04:21)XODIDOX Wrote: Seems there is a misunderstanding for this label. The IsVideoExtras infoLabel is for the extras item itself, not for the parent movie item which will always be false. When in library, it's only applicable when you turned on the "Show video with multiple versions as folder" option, this container contains all movie versions and extras, you can use ListItem.IsVideoExtras to check if a specific one is extras or version. In the video version dialog, you should check the Container(51).ListItem, instead of ListItem which is the parent movie item.

I see, I did not think to check that. It is indeed true when the folder option is turned on.
(2023-12-10, 04:27)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-10, 04:21)XODIDOX Wrote: Seems there is a misunderstanding for this label. The IsVideoExtras infoLabel is for the extras item itself, not for the parent movie item which will always be false. When in library, it's only applicable when you turned on the "Show video with multiple versions as folder" option, this container contains all movie versions and extras, you can use ListItem.IsVideoExtras to check if a specific one is extras or version. In the video version dialog, you should check the Container(51).ListItem, instead of ListItem which is the parent movie item.

I see, I did not think to check that. It is indeed true when the folder option is turned on.

As a general rule, checking mediatype is "videoversion" (a new media type) before checking IsVideoExtras.
(2023-12-10, 04:55)XODIDOX Wrote: As a general rule, checking mediatype is "videoversion" (a new media type) before checking IsVideoExtras.

I have not found a need to use that mediatype yet. All my movie views seem to work just fine with videoversions. The extras part appears to be more of a challenge due to the likelihood of a thumb image instead of poster so any view for Container.Content(movies) designed for posters would likely need some tweaking.
The extras can have any kind of artwork, just like movie version and movie itself. The only difference is the extras doesn't have default artwork, only thumbnail which is extracted during scanning (if related option is enabled). But user can choose any artwork for it with the "Choose art" button in video version dialog.
Yes, I know artwork can be added. Since extras artwork is not so readily available, I'm assuming the extracted thumb will be what is mostly used.
I need to skin this / haven't followed the dev at all so trying to follow post #1 in Estuary.

It seems like the flow I would want is to select a movie title, open the movie info dialog and click version, to get the video version dialog and in there I can rename to add my version but I don't see any way in the dialog to add the movie version to the default?  I have to back out of the dialogs and then open the context menu and drill down through the "manage" to get to "convert" but seems to have forgotten that I renamed it already as it asks for a name.  Then I get a title list to select from.  Is there some reason I can't do that from the video version dialog?  In that dialog there is a "add version" button that opens the file browser -- not sure why I want that?

Also in Estuary, in the video version window if the mouse comes off the 201/202 buttons list 50 content disappears.  Is there a reason for this or is it just a skin feature?  (Sometime if I move the mouse fast between 201 and list 50 it sticks, but mostly it disappears.)

scott s.
That issue with mouse control in Estuary is known, and as a result of that and other feedback I'll be submitting another update of the Estuary dialog.
I don't understand ID 23 (Add extras).
The only thing that can be added are zip files!
I don't think this behavior is intentional?
(2023-12-12, 01:51)scott967 Wrote: It seems like the flow I would want is to select a movie title, open the movie info dialog and click version, to get the video version dialog and in there I can rename to add my version but I don't see any way in the dialog to add the movie version to the default?  I have to back out of the dialogs and then open the context menu and drill down through the "manage" to get to "convert" but seems to have forgotten that I renamed it already as it asks for a name.  Then I get a title list to select from.  Is there some reason I can't do that from the video version dialog?  In that dialog there is a "add version" button that opens the file browser -- not sure why I want that?

After you added the version to a movie, you can use the "Set default" button to set a version as default. The "Convert movie version" context menu is at the same location of "Manage movie set", so it's much easier to use. You can also remove the version from library and do a rescan, a prompt will ask for converting it to an additional version.

In the video version dialog, the "Add version" (and "Add extras") button removes the restriction for a version that must be an existing library item, you can just choose the video file directly as an additional version. In this way, you can manage your additional movies versions/extras freely, instead of putting them in a location that need to be scanned to library. If the "Add version" button in video version dialog also uses movie titles, it will just duplicate the functionality for the context menu and miss the functionality from file.

I'm open for this design though, just want to make sure the required functionality is there, and we don't miss any functionality.
(2023-12-12, 03:57)Fuchs2468 Wrote: The only thing that can be added are zip files!

This is definitely unexpected, but I can choose any files in the dialog. Can you share a debug log?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Movie version1