Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 11(current)
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024
In android isn't better raw setting using avr ?

Really bad news about afr on prime video but I didn't read about this bug on telegram

I will investigate cause I was buying it
Don't know. With Fire TV Cube 3 & Stick 4K Max, must use Kodi IEC packer to get HD audio working properly. With Homatics, must use Android IEC packer. @fritsch or someone more knowledgeable on Android can illuminate us on this.

Look forward to your impressions after you get your Homatics player. It's a good player, but unsure at this point if I prefer the Android or CoreELEC side for Kodi. I'd say latter. Someone created an app to reboot into CE from Android, and I believe on the CE side, under Power settings, there's an option to reboot into Android.
Let me see if I found fritsch android thread about beta 21 mod for audio packer and hd audio support (if I remember correctly)

Honestly if prime afr doesn't work I will not buy homatics ( I didn't buy it already cause is out of stock in the cheapest shop)

I love libreelec but I'm bored to have a device for Kodi and firertv for stream (also not waf)

I asked about afr on prime video on telegram

What a bad news

Ps: good news if there is a software to toogle from coreelec to android and viceversa

Edit: someone already replied

Quote: If the app itself doesn't support it, then it has no AFR support. Netflix has build the option in its app, when the device is on V12, and approved by Netflix for it. Prime Video sadly not for Android/Google TV.

I think now that I will give a try to firecube 3 and see if it has the same bug that I have with fire stick, lucky with Amazon I can return it
Can confirm Fire Cube 3 does support AFR with Prime Video. Of all the players I have at the moment--too many Blush (Cube 3, Intel HTPC, Dune HD Real Vision 4K, Homatics, nVidia Shield, and a generic S905X4 box w/CE), Cube 3 is my favorite & go-to for most content. Other than 3D, it does everything I need & want. Powerful/snappy, all HDR formats, AFR & HD audio.
I could give a try even if os is the same of fire stick so probably my bug will be there also with firecube

About homatics and prime afr you could try using quick action to map a key that change afr

This was a solution with atv 11 If I understand correctly in telegram group
What were bugs you encountered with Fire Stick?

Mapping a remote key to force AFR is possible with Homatics. At this point, I'm unsure I'll keep the box. One big challenge I'm having is inability to access the Android folder to copy over advancedsettings, playlist & keymap files. From Android perspective, as I can sideload any apps to Fire Cube 3, it's a better performer. From CoreELEC side, Homatics performs well, with DV benefit, but other than that, I can also use Cube 3 or my Dune HD for same purpose. Kinda knew buying a Homatics to play with, but feels redundant & not as snappy a performer given other players I have.
(2024-02-22, 23:38)hdmkv Wrote: One big challenge I'm having is inability to access the Android folder to copy over advancedsettings, playlist & keymap files

you need to do this
1. open kodi file manager
2. add source
3. click the line that says "<none>"
4. manually enter "special://home" - for all paths available see here https://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

because Kodi has access to that location but not it's parent folders (android data)

-----

flipped a coin which of your posts to respond this answer to, this one won
(2024-02-23, 00:12)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-02-22, 23:38)hdmkv Wrote: One big challenge I'm having is inability to access the Android folder to copy over advancedsettings, playlist & keymap files

you need to do this
1. open kodi file manager
2. add source
3. click the line that says "<none>"
4. manually enter "special://home" - for all paths available see here https://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

because Kodi has access to that location but not it's parent folders (android data)

-----

flipped a coin which of your posts to respond this answer to, this one won

Interesting........ I would like more detail on how to achieve this for the "playercorefactory" inclusion...... 

According to @Edworld, by using his playercorefactory, I can have Kodi using the Dune HD player instead of Kodi's player.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3183996
(2024-02-23, 00:29)clarkss12 Wrote: Interesting........ I would like more detail on how to achieve this for the "playercorefactory" inclusion...... 

i'm not aware of where this file lives
according to the externl player wiki https://kodi.wiki/view/External_players it should be in the install folder
the install folder is accessible in the same manner but instead of special://home you would use special://xbmc

theoretically possible to write to this location in the same manner with the caveat that any installs will overwrite it and/or remove it (as in it is likely not permanent)
i have never attempted to use the kodi file manager to do this BUT i have installed a reverse shell addon of my own creation which allowed me to write to the install location
so, i expect it would work fine however cannot guarantee
playercorefactory.xml goes in the Kodi/userdata folder. I use this with my Dune HD player to have Kodi as the frontend, but have the native Realtek player app do all the video playback (namely for 3D MVC, DV & HD audio).
(2024-02-23, 00:48)hdmkv Wrote: playercorefactory.xml goes in the Kodi/userdata folder. I use this with my Dune HD player to have Kodi as the frontend, but have the native Realtek player app do all the video playback (namely for 3D MVC, DV & HD audio).

I don't know how to do that.
(2024-02-22, 23:38)hdmkv Wrote: What were bugs you encountered with Fire Stick?

Mapping a remote key to force AFR is possible with Homatics. At this point, I'm unsure I'll keep the box. One big challenge I'm having is inability to access the Android folder to copy over advancedsettings, playlist & keymap files. From Android perspective, as I can sideload any apps to Fire Cube 3, it's a better performer. From CoreELEC side, Homatics performs well, with DV benefit, but other than that, I can also use Cube 3 or my Dune HD for same purpose. Kinda knew buying a Homatics to play with, but feels redundant & not as snappy a performer given other players I have.

This is another user with same bug

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...-power-off

So every time I switch off TV I lost AFR function...to have it back I need to go in fire os setting and activate again...

Solution: use Dr hdmi with a fixed edid but using it I lost hd audio format

Someone has the same bug with fire cube

(Tried new Avr , last 4k max gen 2,)

Btw android permission folder is bad , I read on telegram that is was due to missing files for folder permissions but I thought it was solved with new firmware

For a Kodi supporter like me this close all interests in this product

Let me check in Telegram group
(2024-02-23, 01:04)clarkss12 Wrote: I don't know how to do that.

same instructions as above, after source is added then 'userdata' will be available
from there it's just a matter of operating the file manager for which the instructions are here https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager
(2024-02-23, 01:14)izprtxqkft Wrote: same instructions as above, after source is added then 'userdata' will be available
from there it's just a matter of operating the file manager for which the instructions are here https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager
@clarkss12, just copy the text/code from the playercorefactory link you posted into Notepad & save as playercorefactory.xml somewhere accessible from your Dune player (USB stick or NAS).

@Roby77, I haven't had the issue you've noted after a power cycle, but I leave my FTV Cube on or in sleep mode all the time.
(2024-02-23, 01:18)hdmkv Wrote:
(2024-02-23, 01:14)izprtxqkft Wrote: same instructions as above, after source is added then 'userdata' will be available
@clarkss12, just copy the text/code from the playercorefactory link you posted into Notepad & save as playercorefactory.xml somewhere accessible from your Dune player (USB stick or NAS).
Then how do I get that file into the Kodi folder?
Edit:  I made another post, but it disappeared into the nether land....... 
Anyway, with your and @izprtxqkft instructions, I got the playercorefactory into the correct location on Kodi.  
Now, when I try to play a video, it come up with this message "External player active.  Click "OK" when playback has ended" .  When I do that and try to play a video, this message keeps popping up. 

I can't play any videos.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Media Player Options 20240