• 14(current)
v20 Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo
Hello,

Great skin!

I just updated to version 1.1.27 and I am seeing a fanart picture url on the home screen (top right), this was not the case in the previous versionImage.

Screenshot
(2024-04-06, 04:58)unichld Wrote: Hello,

Great skin!

I just updated to version 1.1.27 and I am seeing a fanart picture url on the home screen (top right), this was not the case in the previous versionImage.

Screenshot

Apologies I left a test label active accidentally. Have updated in my repo and submitted a fix to the Kodi repo for approval
If you can't wait for update and want to remove fanart url, you can edit 16x9/Home.xml and remove at the end

Code:
        <control type="label">
            <align>right</align>
            <label>$VAR[Background_Home_Path][CR]$INFO[Container(3300).ListItem.Art(fanart)]</label>
        </control>
(2024-04-06, 10:51)gwynnned Wrote: If you can't wait for update and want to remove fanart url, you can edit 16x9/Home.xml and remove at the end

Code:
        <control type="label">
            <align>right</align>
            <label>$VAR[Background_Home_Path][CR]$INFO[Container(3300).ListItem.Art(fanart)]</label>
        </control>

This would be updated now in the official Kodi repo
Thanks for the prompt reply and fix.
Much appreciated!
@loveart @va_lemon - I've added an Omega repo to my repository so you should be able to install the skin. It has support limited support for the new favourites browser, basically it will look and behave like the old favourites dialog. I can add other views etc if this is something people want. The thing about favourites is that the artwork can be variable shapes and sizes (mixing posters, fanarts, squares etc) so it can end up being quite messy. But if there's demand for it, I can add support for the Copacetic views and maybe a toggle to choose if you want Poster / Fanart or Square layout. Let me know what you think.

I haven't added support yet for movie versions. Have to look into this feature as I haven't read much about it.
I also plan to add musicvideos as infoscreen widgets in the music library using the new listitem.songURL.
(2024-04-07, 00:22)realcopacetic Wrote: @loveart @va_lemon - I've added an Omega repo to my repository so you should be able to install the skin. It has support limited support for the new favourites browser, basically it will look and behave like the old favourites dialog. I can add other views etc if this is something people want. The thing about favourites is that the artwork can be variable shapes and sizes (mixing posters, fanarts, squares etc) so it can end up being quite messy. But if there's demand for it, I can add support for the Copacetic views and maybe a toggle to choose if you want Poster / Fanart or Square layout. Let me know what you think.

I haven't added support yet for movie versions. Have to look into this feature as I haven't read much about it.
I also plan to add musicvideos as infoscreen widgets in the music library using the new listitem.songURL.

I am on Kodi 21 Omega, I am not sure how tom make Favourites work.
At the moment the shortcut on the Home menu is unresponsive.
The home page widget does display the old favourites but not the new ones added.

I am just trying to figure out how to use it for now.
(2024-04-07, 00:22)realcopacetic Wrote: @loveart @va_lemon - I've added an Omega repo to my repository so you should be able to install the skin. It has support limited support for the new favourites browser, basically it will look and behave like the old favourites dialog. I can add other views etc if this is something people want. The thing about favourites is that the artwork can be variable shapes and sizes (mixing posters, fanarts, squares etc) so it can end up being quite messy. But if there's demand for it, I can add support for the Copacetic views and maybe a toggle to choose if you want Poster / Fanart or Square layout. Let me know what you think.

I just installed it today along with the Omega official release and I have to say, it's become my favorite skin. Not just on Kodi but across any media player. I had been trying to replicate the look and feel from my Zidoo Z9X media player with different Kodi skins, but Copacetic takes it a few steps further. Really nicely done! Thank you!

I will continue to test out Copacetic with Favorites, Versions and Extras (I saw versions in the context menu, not sure if I saw extras so they may not be supported in Copacetic yet). I also had a few feature requests and I'll add these to your Github repo (not all may align with your vision for Copacetic so please close any that don't fit):
1. Provide an option for three poster rows in Grid view - on a large projector screen, slightly smaller Posters might look better and fit more on one page for large libraries
2. Option to display Clearlogo on top of fan art in Grid view
3. Scrollbar in all list views - preferably with an option to show scrollbar at all times with opacity control. Grid view, for example, does not show a scrollbar so it's hard to say where you are in your library (I just went back and retested. Looks like a scrollbar does come up but only when you're scrolling at some speed.) Maybe, the views can be modified to show partial images of posters/fanart above the first visible row to indicate that there are more items before the first visible row/item.
4. Brighter background option in detail views -  For the detail views, it would be nice to have higher brightness options.
5. Open views at first item - I noticed that when I jump into my Movies library from the Home Page, the grid (or list or any of the other views) opens at the last position where we left it. Without a scrollbar on these views or another indication that there are items before/after, it may not be apparent that we are in the middle of the list/library and there are items before the item that is first on screen.
6. Versions can be selected from the Context Menu, but the Versions view does not display the version name.

I will add these to the repo as feature requests, but please let me know if any of the above don't fit the skin.

Thanks!
(2024-04-08, 08:54)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-04-08, 01:02)unichld Wrote: [quote="realcopacetic" pid='3191148' dateline='1712442153']
@loveart @va_lemon - I've added an Omega repo to my repository so you should be able to install the skin. It has support limited support for the new favourites browser, basically it will look and behave like the old favourites dialog. I can add other views etc if this is something people want. The thing about favourites is that the artwork can be variable shapes and sizes (mixing posters, fanarts, squares etc) so it can end up being quite messy. But if there's demand for it, I can add support for the Copacetic views and maybe a toggle to choose if you want Poster / Fanart or Square layout. Let me know what you think.

The home page widget does display the old favourites but not the new ones added.

Favourites changed in Omega. I'm not sure if skin.shortcuts, the addon used to manage the home menu, was updated. But for now you can get the shortcut working by editing it so the shortcut path is ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser). Then it should work.

I'll need to look at the widget, I thought it would carry on working without needing any change
(2024-04-08, 08:55)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-04-08, 08:54)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-04-08, 01:02)unichld Wrote:

Favourites changed in Omega. I'm not sure if skin.shortcuts, the addon used to manage the home menu, was updated. But for now you can get the shortcut working by editing it so the shortcut path is ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser). Then it should work.

I'll need to look at the widget, I thought it would carry on working without needing any change

Smile I was wondering how to get the favourites browser into the home shortcuts.
You learn something every day.
Thanks, that'll do fine for now.
What shortcut or command can I use to add Search to the Home menu? I’ve tried ActivateWindow(Search) and SendClick(8) based on some other posts but I can’t seem to trigger the search function.

Thanks!
RunScript(script.globalsearch)
(2024-04-11, 20:08)Hitcher Wrote: RunScript(script.globalsearch)

I had tried that one as well, and while the search works, it takes us to a view that is currently not skinned in Copacetic. It takes us to an Estuary skinned view.

I was looking for the Search shortcut that is invoked when you are in one of the library views and bring up the side menu where you can change the layout from List/Grid etc. In this menu, there is a Search option. When we use this search shortcut, the results are displayed in an overlay as shown in the attached screenshot.

Search from the home screen requires an add-on to do so.
(2024-04-11, 21:07)va_lemon Wrote:
(2024-04-11, 20:08)Hitcher Wrote: RunScript(script.globalsearch)

I had tried that one as well, and while the search works, it takes us to a view that is currently not skinned in Copacetic. It takes us to an Estuary skinned view.

I was looking for the Search shortcut that is invoked when you are in one of the library views and bring up the side menu where you can change the layout from List/Grid etc. In this menu, there is a Search option. When we use this search shortcut, the results are displayed in an overlay as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hi I'll add this soon. Just finishing up the Omega port then I'll look at this as I've been meaning to do it for a while. Cheers for flagging it
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo0