• 1(current)
v20 Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo
Copacetic
A real good time with your media, now available for Kodi v20 (Nexus)

Installation instructions:

You can download Copacetic from the official Kodi repository as long as you are on v20 (Nexus). I recommend everyone use this version unless you want quicker access to iterative bug fixes and updates.

For the most up-to-date relatively stable version, you can download the most recent version of the skin from my repository by following the instructions below:
  1. Add the location of my repository as a source in File Manager: https://realcopacetic.github.io
  2. Now if you go to settings > system > Add-ons and enable 'Unknown sources'.
  3. From the same screen choose 'Any repositories' under 'Update official addons from' - as this will allow Kodi to pull updates straight from my repo even if you installed via Kodi's official repo.
  4. Go to Addonbrowser and install from zip. Choose the new source and install the zip file.
  5. Now go to the repo and install Copacetic. It should install the required dependencies. In the info screen you can set it to automatically update
https://imgur.com/a/n9u3Jst
watch gallery

​​​​​​
Features:
  • 5 views - List, Billboard, Showcase, Strip, Grid
  • Each can be customised for each content type (movies, sets, tvshows, seasons, episodes, artists, albums), e.g. you can have Strip with fanart, flags and details for Movies, but Strip with just artwork for TV Shows.
  • Support for custom art types including keyart, multiple clearlogos and square art
  • Fully customisable homescreen widgets. Choose the view, layout and source (preselected widgets or choose your own paths)
  • Configurable homescreen menu and configurable backgrounds (default is a slideshow of backgrounds from the source of the background e.g. movie fanart slideshow for 'Movies'. You can override this for any item or use a global override (useful for example if you want only child-friendly artwork showing on homescreen)
  • Pre-configured info screen widgets for richer views
  • Dark / Light themes
  • Embedded music player accessible from all main views/windows during audio playback
  • Embedded lists (navigate seasons straight from TV shows, movies straight from sets, albums straight from artists) within List/Billboard/Showcase/Strip views
  • Support for integrated multiart slideshow within the focuseditem artwork for List/Billboard/Showcase/Strip views
  • Configurable Netflix-style trailer autoplay for home screen widgets and Videos screen
  • Scroll by first letter, rating, user rating, duration, playcount, disc count

More videos:
Trailer autoplay, scroll by letter: https://youtu.be/a6HV1pq1u6U
Multiart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6JBCmFL7hE
Embedded lists, integrated music player and infoscreen widgets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-9IjkbYOs&t=5s
Home screen widgets and home screen background configuration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCLgcjfWT5o

Bug reporting/Feedback requests:
To report a bug or request a feature, the best way to make sure it doesn't get lost in this thread is to open an issue on Github here: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.copacetic

Special thanks: 
  • @Hitcher for inspiring this project and kickstarting my hopeless mockups into a working codebase. For supporting through the initial designs and providing loads of support and advice.
  • @jurialmunkey for all the best-practice code examples and forum support.
  • @sualfred for plenty of inspiration and script.embuary.helper, which provided some key functionality before the release of new Nexus features.
  • @ronie, @enen92 and @Roman_V_M for taking me through the approvals process to get this skin and its dependants into the official repo 
Congratulations. Big Grin
Nice, any chance of vertical option?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2023-05-13, 00:54)Hitcher Wrote: Congratulations. Big Grin
Thanks, all the help is much appreciated!
(2023-05-13, 09:12)Raitsa Wrote: Nice, any chance of vertical option?

Vertical for what? Home menu? Not at the moment. I'm focusing on stability at the moment now this is finally in the wild. Then at some point I want to look at PVR.
Thaks for the reply realcopacetic, yeah vertical home/main menu is kinda a must for me. That just works so well with my brain.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
your skin is great and i love it !
i just have a request : can you add a counter of total item (movies, tv show etc...) in a playlist view ?
thank and best regards!
(2023-05-16, 01:59)loveart Wrote: your skin is great and i love it !
i just have a request : can you add a counter of total item (movies, tv show etc...) in a playlist view ?
thank and best regards!

ah, sorry, just forget it! when i choose view option, i can see the total items here Wink
but something i think can change for better : when i use light theme, the thumbnail of unknown actor/actress is pink in black background, can you change it to white or gray background?
and i miss gobal search, its an imprortant function, hope you will develop it soon
Congratulations to the official release.

Can I request something? :-)
A Kiosk Mode would be nice and I noticed when using the visualisation in the music player that the track info is always visible.
(2023-05-16, 06:59)loveart Wrote:
thank and best regards!

ah, sorry, just forget it! when i choose view option, i can see the total items here Wink
but something i think can change for better : when i use light theme, the thumbnail of unknown actor/actress is pink in black background, can you change it to white or gray background?
and i miss gobal search, its an imprortant function, hope you will develop it soon

Agree global search would be nice. Will look to add it soon, thanks for the suggestion
(2023-05-19, 10:49)reTokyo Wrote: Congratulations to the official release.

A Kiosk Mode would be nice and I noticed when using the visualisation in the music player that the track info is always visible.

Thanks, will add an option for track details to be hidden. Out of interest what visualisation do you use? I put an addon requirement for the waveform one because it makes a nice background to the artwork/details and if you choose the Recommended Settings for Copacetic, it will switch to that visualisation but I imagine that things look pretty rough with other visualisations in the background. Do you want everything hidden, or just the writing but keep the artwork?

On Kiosk mode, do you mean for the hidden menu when you're in one of the views where you can change the view and details layout etc?
(2023-05-19, 19:06)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-05-16, 06:59)loveart Wrote:
thank and best regards!

Agree global search would be nice. Will look to add it soon, thanks for the suggestion

thanks ! excited to waiting for global search :-)
(2023-05-19, 19:11)realcopacetic Wrote:

Thanks, will add an option for track details to be hidden. Out of interest what visualisation do you use? I put an addon requirement for the waveform one because it makes a nice background to the artwork/details and if you choose the Recommended Settings for Copacetic, it will switch to that visualisation but I imagine that things look pretty rough with other visualisations in the background. Do you want everything hidden, or just the writing but keep the artwork?

On Kiosk mode, do you mean for the hidden menu when you're in one of the views where you can change the view and details layout etc?

I am using Milkdrop 2. My suggestions is to use the common behaviour, 4-5 seconds showing track info, artwork at the beginning of the track before all fades out.

Exactly, Kiosk mode prevents non techie people to use Kodi without messing up, like my girlfriend. :-)
Your skin look awesome like an art stuff ! I have a small request, would you add an option to change the delay time between when you choose a media (film, TV show...) and when info + spot media appear ?
(2023-05-25, 12:19)reTokyo Wrote:
(2023-05-19, 19:11)realcopacetic Wrote:

I am using Milkdrop 2. My suggestions is to use the common behaviour, 4-5 seconds showing track info, artwork at the beginning of the track before all fades out.

Exactly, Kiosk mode prevents non techie people to use Kodi without messing up, like my girlfriend. :-)

Ok I added a kiosk mode (under skin settings > views) and the visualization behaviour should follow estuary standard now in terms of details bring hidden after a delay (you can keep them visible with info button). These edits are live in my development repo and I'll submit them to the official repo probably in about a week.

If you have my repo installed (realcopacetic.github.io) and you check the option to install updates for official add-ons from this party sources, you can get the updates as soon as I push the to my repo. Official repo will always be a bit behind
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo0