• 103(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
(2024-04-08, 09:06)TurDo Wrote: I would like to inform you that I have created a repository. This will make installation and updates easier.

Thanks a lot for keeping this skin alive! It's still my favorite skin to use on Kodi Smile
Hello!

@TurDo has released a trial version of the AZ2:R skin on Omega:
https://mega.nz/file/x5E1jS5L#6JObfkfeXP...tzrwcYcoBI

I tested the trial version on Android TV-based hardware. Introduced by @TurDo , the change turned out to be useful.   Smile
After this fix, everything works fine in the AZ2:R skin

Attention.  New improved functions require activation in skin settings:
Settings > SKIN > Video / Music > VIDEO OSD

Probably soon @TurDo will add the improved skin to their repository as AZ2:R version 1.0.12
(2024-04-16, 16:42)Arkady1964 Wrote: @TurDo has released a trial version of the AZ2:R skin on Omega:

@TurDo This trial version and also version 1.0.11 seem to have a broken List view for addons and videos.

The items that you scroll through all appear as huge icons on the left side instead of a text list with all the options on the right side. Is that intentional? Because I don't think it looks very well.
I have no idea what you mean. Can you show screenshot?
I haven't changed anything in the views. It sounds like a bug.
@TurDo After I install 1.0.11, the addon browser looks like this:

The menu items that should be listed on the right are not visible, just a big black area.

However, I just found out this only happens on my Ugoos AM6B+ with CoreELEC Omega 21 NG. On my Shield 2019 Pro it does not happen.

But when I downgrade the Ugoos to 1.0.10, it looks ok again:

On my Android TV hardware, the AZ2:R Omega skin trial works great.  Smile  Tested on Android TV (Box Canal+ and Xiaomi Mi Box S).
@MrMagic Can you please try this version? https://github.com/DenDyGH/skin.arctic.z...s/main.zip
@TurDo normally, Favorites pop-up window at the main screen in Kodi 20.5, but  AZ2:R v1.0.11-Nexus indicate list, poster,.. views with Favorites. What do I have to do for the classic popup ?
@sus67 There's no option for old style favorites.
(2024-04-17, 08:15)TurDo Wrote: Can you please try this version? https://github.com/DenDyGH/skin.arctic.z...s/main.zip

Yes, this one works fine. Menu items on the right are visible again in the addon browser.
Hello!

A new version of the AZ2:R skin has been released In version 1.0.12,  bugs were fixed and new features were added to the skin (previously available in the skin trial version).   Smile

The AZ2:R skin version 1.0.12 is available for installation from the @TurDo repository.
(2024-04-17, 18:42)Arkady1964 Wrote: bugs were fixed and new features were added

What are the new features? Is there a change log available somewhere?
Hello all,

Does anybody know of a way to initiate an AZ2 Search via a Keymap?

The shortcut within the skin is <action>Skin.SetString(SearchTerm)</action> which then feeds through to Window 1138 to display the results.

A custom keymap of <key>Skin.SetString(SearchTerm)</key> brings up the expected input dialog, but this doesn't go anywhere after entering the search term. Alternatively, <key>ActivateWindow(1138)</key> brings up the results window, but without the facility to enter a new search string.

Is it possible to write the keymap in such a way as to initiate the two actions in tandem as per the skin shortcut?
Hello!

@MrMagic ,  the new features concern operation via Android TV remote control and changing OSD settings of the AZ2:R skin.

AZ2:R skin maintainer @TurDo (DenDy) introduced OSD progress bar scrolling to the skin (OK button and works during pause). Included in skin settings:
Settings > SKIN > Video / Music > VIDEO OSD > Scroll progress bar instead of showing info panel
This is a new feature in the AZ2:R skin, which has been significantly improved in version 1.0.12

Because the OSD allows you to scroll the video on the progress bar, you can disable the video rewind buttons (this is also one of the newer options in the AZ2:R skin):
Settings > SKIN > Video / Music > VIDEO OSD > Hide forward/rewind buttons

In a trial previously provided by @TurDo (DenDy), an improved forward/backward video progress bar has been added to the OSD skin when the video is paused. This feature was not available in older versions of the AZ2:R skin. Once it was found to be working well, an improved OSD movie progress bar was introduced to the skin in version 1.0.12   This function is dedicated to devices based on Android TV and Xbox.
For those who want to compare the changes introduced in the AZ2:R skin, there is a comparison of versions from 1.0.4 to the latest 1.0.12 available on Github:
https://github.com/DenDyGH/skin.arctic.z...d/releases

I would like to thank @heppen for contributing to the development of the AZ2:R skin and @TurDo for keeping the AZ2:R skin alive.   Smile
@TurDo good luck!
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0