• 760(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
on android tv when pressing main menu tv screen flickers 'cause of that not able to use it properly.
(2024-05-10, 13:16)snarfo Wrote: I just upgraded from Kodi 20 to 21. I thought I'd miss the Amber skin, but this is great!

My only question (so far): is it possible to add a 3rd widget for the home screen items? I prefer a vertical menu and there's room for 3 panel rows. For example, in Amber for the Music section I had rows for recently played albums, recently added albums, and most-played albums.

The only oddity I've come across is that for the Music section's wallpaper when I choose the random music background it's just black. If I specifically choose an image or multi-image though, those work. Using random TV shows and random movies for their respective sections works fine.

Thanks again for a great skin!

To be perfectly honest, I am so very tired of hearing what other skins do so I have updated a few others that have been mentioned over the years. Including Amber and I offer limited options for a reason. I want the skin usable on as many devices as possible, and maintaining all of those options is a time consuming endeavor.
If Amber is your goal then please read this thread and post any noticed issues there.

Thanks!
(2024-05-11, 08:02)pazu1 Wrote: on android tv when pressing main menu tv screen flickers 'cause of that not able to use it properly.

I do not want to be rude but you are basically asking me to see your future from the tea leaves that you have not said existed...

Am I the creator of the universe?
Based on the info provided there is very little difference between our two statements...
Mike,
I realise I and others don't say this often enough.
I have been using your skin for years and I think it is the best.
Also the support for new Kodi releases and new functionality is nothing short of amazing.
Thank you for all your efforts in making this skin available to us.
(2024-05-11, 09:52)Jeffers24 Wrote: Mike,
I realise I and others don't say this often enough.
I have been using your skin for years and I think it is the best.
Also the support for new Kodi releases and new functionality is nothing short of amazing.
Thank you for all your efforts in making this skin available to us.

@mikeSiLVO im getting al lot of log spam with these warnings

Code:
2024-05-11 00:43:09.612 T:1502 warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2024-05-11 00:43:09.612 T:1502 warning <general>: ListItem.setCast() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setCast().
2024-05-11 00:43:09.624 T:1502 warning <general>: ListItem.setRating() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setRating().
2024-05-11 00:43:09.625 T:1502 info <general>: Skipped 4 duplicate messages..
2024-05-11 00:43:09.625 T:1502 warning <general>: "resumetime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2024-05-11 00:43:09.625 T:1502 warning <general>: "totaltime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2024-05-11 00:43:09.645 T:1502 warning <general>: ListItem.addStreamInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.addVideoStream(), InfoTagVideo.addAudioStream() and InfoTagVideo.addSubtitleStream().
2024-05-11 00:43:10.125 T:1505 info <general>: Skipped 5 duplicate messages..
2024-05-11 00:43:10.125 T:1505 warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2024-05-11 00:43:10.125 T:1505 warning <general>: ListItem.setCast() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setCast().
2024-05-11 00:43:10.126 T:1505 warning <general>: ListItem.setRating() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setRating().
2024-05-11 00:43:10.126 T:1505 info <general>: Skipped 4 duplicate messages..
2024-05-11 00:43:10.126 T:1505 warning <general>: "resumetime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2024-05-11 00:43:10.127 T:1505 warning <general>: "totaltime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2024-05-11 00:43:10.127 T:1505 warning <general>: ListItem.addStreamInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.addVideoStream(), InfoTagVideo.addAudioStream() and InfoTagVideo.addSubtitleStream().

is this from the skin?
(2024-05-11, 08:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-05-10, 13:16)snarfo Wrote: I just upgraded from Kodi 20 to 21. I thought I'd miss the Amber skin, but this is great!

My only question (so far): is it possible to add a 3rd widget for the home screen items? I prefer a vertical menu and there's room for 3 panel rows. For example, in Amber for the Music section I had rows for recently played albums, recently added albums, and most-played albums.

The only oddity I've come across is that for the Music section's wallpaper when I choose the random music background it's just black. If I specifically choose an image or multi-image though, those work. Using random TV shows and random movies for their respective sections works fine.

Thanks again for a great skin!

To be perfectly honest, I am so very tired of hearing what other skins do so I have updated a few others that have been mentioned over the years. Including Amber and I offer limited options for a reason. I want the skin usable on as many devices as possible, and maintaining all of those options is a time consuming endeavor.
If Amber is your goal then please read this thread and post any noticed issues there.

Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. As noted, I think your skin is excellent in its own right and I appreciate your ongoing work.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 21, 13th-gen i7, 32gb RAM, nVidia RTX 4090
(2024-05-11, 11:32)Pienoet Wrote: @mikeSiLVO im getting al lot of log spam with these warnings

is this from the skin?

Definitely not, if I had to guess it is from library.data.provider which is no longer needed for the skin and is unmaintained ATM.

(2024-05-11, 12:11)snarfo Wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. As noted, I think your skin is excellent in its own right and I appreciate your ongoing work.

No offense taken and hopefully none inferred, was just giving info :)
(2024-05-11, 12:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote: if I had to guess it is from library.data.provider

yes it is thnx i removed it
Where i can disable this see screenshot.

i cant find any setting in the widget settings.

(2024-05-11, 12:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I had to guess it is from library.data.provider which is no longer needed for the skin and is unmaintained ATM

sadly its not, its from embruary helper i just removed embruary helper and i get rid of the log spam messages.

downside i need embrary helper for rotten tomatoes ratings etc.
sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you.  May be I should have include log and etc.  I like your skin and appreciate your hard work Smile
(2024-05-09, 14:39)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-05-06, 18:58)Schwabe Wrote: Hello @ all,

since Kodi 20 I have an issue with playing 3D movies.
Beginning with Kodi 20.2 and my favourite Aeon Nox skin I got no picture (blackscreen but with sound) if I start a 3D movie. If I push pause I see sometimes the movie picture. Thats all.
First I thought it's a general problem of kodi. But yesterday I have done the update from 20.2 to 20.5. I played first different 3D movies with the raw system and the Estuary skin. The movies were played without an issue. So I installed joyful the Aeon Nox skin, have done my adaptions and if I started a 3D movie I got now a flickering picture.
I changed to Estuary skin and the 3D movie were played w/o any issues again.

For testing I installed the Confluence skin. Here the 3D movies will first be started with flickering. But if I push OK on my remote the control panel comes up and the flickering is gone. This behaviour can be repeated every time.
This showed me that my 3D movie issue is linked with other skins than Estuary.

Does anyone have an idea where this issue could come from?

Here I have posted this issue before and with kodi logs -> Link

Many thanks.
Schwabe
A debug log wasn’t provided but give the latest from GitHub a try. If there are still issues provide a debug log and maybe I can try an alternative but without one I’m as good as blind…

EDIT: A log and a debug log are two different things. Please carefully read how to provide a proper log, don’t assume.
Hello,

thanks for the hint with the debug log.
I've done now two debug logs with playing the same 3D movie. One with AeonNox and the other one with Estuary. As I wrote with AeonNox I get always only a black or flickering picture but with sound. With Estaury skin the playback is OK. During the playback I've paused the movie two times.

-> Debug log AeonNox: Link
-> Debug log Estuary: Link

What I saw at the first view in the log is this error info with Aeon Nox: CVdpauTexture::MapRGB error register output surface: 1281

Hope you can help.

Thanks. Schwabe

P.S. Sorry but I'm not able to update kodi to the lastest version. I'm using Linux VDR with the distribution EasyVDR. Here I'm depending what will at least provided. Because the EasyVDR project is officially closed. But one user (wolfi.m) still provide updates as good as possible. The last one was Kodi 20.5. -> VDR Forum
Sorry to bother you guys with this question (it was probably asked a thousand times): I have downloaded a bunch of skin background addons, but whenever I try to change the background image (either global background or main menu item background) and I select "single", I can't navigate the ".kodi" folder.
How can I resolve my issue, without having to copy every background image inside the "skin.aeon.nox.silvo\extras\background" folder?
Thanks!
(2024-05-11, 17:10)Pienoet Wrote: Where i can disable this see screenshot.

i cant find any setting in the widget settings.

You should only see that if the Widget is empty. It checks for the existence of ListItem.Label since everything should have a label. What widget is that?

Someone else had the same issue and it was related to an odd DB setup where their library had no labels so things like List view appeared empty. Not sure if that's the case here.

(2024-05-11, 18:14)Pienoet Wrote: sadly its not, its from embruary helper i just removed embruary helper and i get rid of the log spam messages.

downside i need embrary helper for rotten tomatoes ratings etc.

The errors you showed me with resumetime are from Library Data Provider.

I use Embuary Helper, you can use it if it doesn't cause you any noticeable issues.
Alternatively, you can use plugin.video.themoviedb.helper but, I believe, that it only scrapes online content using a provided OMDb API key and not any added to Kodi DB with something like an NFO file.
  • 760(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55