• 134(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
I really miss a previous iteration where I had a simple home page in classic mode.
A TV and movie section
Combined widgets
Move between widget groups

Is this permanently gone?
(2024-05-13, 08:10)vella9 Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 10:24)sonypshomer Wrote: Hmm when i first tried AF i miss the top bar menu like AH2, now after todays update, nah after a week getting used of AF, i kinda like  the left side vertical menu since it's there in settings too. So it makes sense to me to set it to "never" hide it, uniform through out kodi navigation protocol. Coz i have more than 5 menus which some will be hidden if it's on top bar but I do appreciate the new search icon on top though. Make it complete. Thanks

One thing i couldnt get it why it always land on the second menu right after kodi finished loading. Since i want "discover" to be the main page upon loaded i had to move it to the second menu.

@jurialmunkey is the progress bar for live TV something that can be implemented as an option for in-progress episodes/movies? It looks really nice visually.
I love this look with the "What's On TV" and the screenshots as well as the timeline showing.   I'll give it a try on my side
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
(2024-05-15, 16:13)CouchGuy Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 07:47)MohamedYousri Wrote: Hello jurialmunkey, 

I really admire your work and many thanks for your time developing this great skins.

I have an issue that while using this skin and also Arctic Horizon 2 bot are so heavy and laggy at my Mi Box S 4K 2nd Gen using latest Kodi android version. i click the remote button with order and i have to wait for a 2 seconds till the order reflects. 

Is there any setting that i need to change related to rendering or something ? 

Thanks and waiting for your feedback

I have the same the device and I will be happy for that 2 seconds delayed response or something. Arctic Fuse skin is indeed a heavy skin but you can customize it based on your device to improve the performance.

First, don't add too many widgets specially from your trakt progress like next episodes and use only TMDb Helper. Instead of adding side widgets in every menu you have, add 1 or 2 global widgets for your home. You can also use complex layout to add more submenu for your easy access shortcuts like what I did.

A 2 or 3 seconds delayed response when opening category, hub or submenu for the first time is just normal for low powered devices and enabling the filter > wall in navigation settings will make it worse.

There are also options in background in appearance settings to improve the performance.

Use poster style widget instead of landscape. I know someone wouldn't agree but this is base on my experience. Landscape style is slow and causing some lag to me.

You can also try to change artwork quality to medium.

Any specific specs you recommend for an ideal device to run AF on? Looking to get additional devices for other devices and didn't want to go to OP or under powered.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
Changing title to >text and background to> fake blur> fixed my 2-3 second lag after selecting anything. Completely gone and this is just how I have to use skin with a weak ass Chromecast 4k. Happy again
(2024-05-15, 19:16)Matthius7 Wrote: Changing title to >text and background to> fake blur> fixed my 2-3 second lag after selecting anything. Completely gone and this is just how I have to use skin with a weak ass Chromecast 4k. Happy again

Same... the difference in speed and performance is very noticeable after those 2 changes
I can't find these settings to change, any help how can i get to it?
(2024-05-15, 19:58)MohamedYousri Wrote: I can't find these settings to change, any help how can i get to it?

Under Skin settings > Appearance > Background style > click it then select fake blur

Same skin settings > Interface > Title > click to change from crop to text
(2024-05-15, 19:08)louisefindlay23 Wrote:

I really admire your work and many thanks for your time developing this great skins.

I have an issue that while using this skin and also Arctic Horizon 2 bot are so heavy and laggy at my Mi Box S 4K 2nd Gen using latest Kodi android version. i click the remote button with order and i have to wait for a 2 seconds till the order reflects. 

I have the same the device and I will be happy for that 2 seconds delayed response or something. Arctic Fuse skin is indeed a heavy skin but you can customize it based on your device to improve the performance.

First, don't add too many widgets specially from your trakt progress like next episodes and use only TMDb Helper. Instead of adding side widgets in every menu you have, add 1 or 2 global widgets for your home. You can also use complex layout to add more submenu for your easy access shortcuts like what I did.

A 2 or 3 seconds delayed response when opening category, hub or submenu for the first time is just normal for low powered devices and enabling the filter > wall in navigation settings will make it worse.

There are also options in background in appearance settings to improve the performance.

Use poster style widget instead of landscape. I know someone wouldn't agree but this is base on my experience. Landscape style is slow and causing some lag to me.

Any specific specs you recommend for an ideal device to run AF on? Looking to get additional devices for other devices and didn't want to go to OP or under powered.

I don't know more about devices but other said that a Raspberry Pi 5 is a good one.
(2024-05-15, 18:07)Rinicko Wrote: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I like it! What font are you using here?

Hi @jurialmunkey
Is the widget behavior in this setup the same when using submenu as widget or it automatically load in background? I want to try this. Thank you.
(2024-05-15, 19:08)louisefindlay23 Wrote:

Nvidia Shield Pro is by far the best you can get today. 4k AI upscalling is unmatched for steaming Twitch and any 1080p/720p content. Even the trailers get upscalled.

You also benefit from the Match Frame Rate feature that Kodi uses for butter smooth playback and it switches between frame rates automatically.

Can handle 4k smoothly at any bitrate.
(2024-05-16, 00:33)CouchGuy Wrote:

Hi @jurialmunkey
Is the widget behavior in this setup the same when using submenu as widget or it automatically load in background? I want to try this. Thank you.

Text Font is called Rasa... downloaded from google

Title Font is called Almond Nougat... downloaded it from fontspace .com

Using submenus as widget will not load in background, only when you highlight them... to avoid loading when you don't need them(saw this on github).... but submenus widget will always load in background... loading sequence will depend on how you set your categories.... Also In that setup (combined mode)... using submenus as widget is a bit hit or miss...
ImageImage

Can't stress how much I love this open path in dialog feature... the more I use it the more I appreciate it... allows me to reduce the number of widget items in homescreen by using the dialog for them... feels like a whole different viewtype.

It doesn't seem to work for submenus or custom submenus though, despite the option being there to select... any reason why that might be @jurialmunkey 🤔
(2024-05-16, 01:31)Rinicko Wrote:
(2024-05-16, 00:33)CouchGuy Wrote:

Hi @jurialmunkey

Using submenus as widget will not load in background, only when you highlight them... to avoid loading when you don't need them(saw this on github).... but submenus widget will always load in background... loading sequence will depend on how you set your categories.... Also In that setup (combined mode)... using submenus as widget is a bit hit or miss...

Thanks. I always want to use text only for title for performance reason but the default font is too big and wide. Thanks again.

So it's like the default widget which automatically load on kodi startup right?
(2024-05-16, 01:57)CouchGuy Wrote:
(2024-05-16, 01:31)Rinicko Wrote:
(2024-05-16, 00:33)CouchGuy Wrote: I like it! What font are you using here?

Hi @jurialmunkey

Thanks. I always want to use text only for title for performance reason but the default font is too big and wide. Thanks again.

So it's like the default widget which automatically load on kodi startup right?

Yeah same... I want to use text only but the default widget is very boring for me... needed something stylish. That font was insanely hard to find... i had to try so many as most of them were either too big or didn't have the all the characters... got there eventually though.

Yeah submenu widgets are like the default widget... but use submenu as widget will load only when highlighted
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0