• 139(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
(2024-05-21, 19:52)kaaspad Wrote: wow!!! thank you so much!! the first part worked perfectly..... I was looking for that for hours!
Regarding the second part, I already did disable it, but seems like the binoculars are still there - maybe I'm missing the point of what "Disable Spotlight" does exactly..
Thanks again @Rinicko

Screenshot where the binoculars you want to remove are.... Spotlight is the fullscreen widget... the binoculars is a shortcut to your discover hub... If the shortcut is in sidemenu, you can just remove it like any other item
(2024-05-21, 19:52)kaaspad Wrote: wow!!! thank you so much!! the first part worked perfectly..... I was looking for that for hours!
Regarding the second part, I already did disable it, but seems like the binoculars are still there - maybe I'm missing the point of what "Disable Spotlight" does exactly..
Thanks again @Rinicko

also... you're welcome 👌
thanks for the explanation, I now understand. I had wanted to get rid of discover which I did thanks to your previous response.
Now that I understand spotlight - It brings up another question - I've tried playing with this, but still not understanding:
What are the different spotlights - global, category, side menu? I tried setting them all to different ones, but not clear to me if they relate to the side menu items? or the inline items. Any explanation would be great. Thanks again
(2024-05-21, 21:13)kaaspad Wrote: thanks for the explanation, I now understand. I had wanted to get rid of discover which I did thanks to your previous response.
Now that I understand spotlight - It brings up another question - I've tried playing with this, but still not understanding:
What are the different spotlights - global, category, side menu? I tried setting them all to different ones, but not clear to me if they relate to the side menu items? or the inline items. Any explanation would be great. Thanks again

What you're referring to are the widgets... there are 5 different widget types
Global Widgets - these will appear under every side menu, category or submenu item throughout a given page or hub

Sidemenu Widgets - these will only appear under the sidemenu you set them to... but will appear under every category or submenu linked to that sidemenu

Category Widgets - these will only appear under the category you set them to... they will follow a category wherever you've linked it to

Submenu widgets- these will only appear under the submenu you set them to

Use submenu as widget - This will take the content of a submenu and show them as widgets directly under the submenu.... these do not load in background and will only load up when the submenu is highlighted
That explanation explains yet another question I had. Thanks
But regarding spotlight, when I click on it it pops up with three options:
Global spotlight
Category Spotlight
Side menu spotlight
Not sure what each means
(2024-05-21, 22:37)kaaspad Wrote: That explanation explains yet another question I had. Thanks
But regarding spotlight, when I click on it it pops up with three options:
Global spotlight
Category Spotlight
Side menu spotlight
Not sure what each means

ohh.. totally forgot about that...
Global spotlight will always show... Category Spotlight will only show when the Category you set it under is highlighted then Sidemenu spotlight is same but when the side menu is highlighted....

both sidemenu and Category Spotlight will overwrite global spotlight or will show instead of it
Hi @jurialmunkey
Is it possible if you can make global widgets show like this when you don't have category or submenu widget?
Instead of this...
(2024-05-21, 12:49)CouchGuy Wrote: Skin settings - appearance - background style - flixart size

It also depends on screen resolution or aspect ratio...
Thanks  @CouchGuy

It's kinda hidden, just in case im setting up another system in the future for future reference :-

(2024-05-21, 23:38)CouchGuy Wrote: Is it possible if you can make global widgets show like this when you don't have category or submenu widget?

Nope. ID is unknown so it cannot be set. Adaptive submenu widget can only work like this because it is the first ID, so the ID will always be the same and therefore can be known in advance (i.e. as the submenu gains focus rather than after when the widget becomes visible).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I've started migrating to this skin and it's fantastic, but am having trouble recreating a profile button I had in AH2. Is there anyway to create a button to quickly swap profile like I have in te below pic in AH2?

I was using the following prompt in a widget so I only had to select it to change the profile quickly.

LoadProfile(profilename,[prompt])

Thanks in advance!
(2024-05-22, 07:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-05-21, 23:38)CouchGuy Wrote: Is it possible if you can make global widgets show like this when you don't have category or submenu widget?

Nope. ID is unknown so it cannot be set. Adaptive submenu widget can only work like this because it is the first ID, so the ID will always be the same and therefore can be known in advance (i.e. as the submenu gains focus rather than after when the widget becomes visible).

Alright. I understand. Thank you.
(2024-05-22, 14:12)jkerrigan Wrote: I've started migrating to this skin and it's fantastic, but am having trouble recreating a profile button I had in AH2. Is there anyway to create a button to quickly swap profile like I have in te below pic in AH2?

I was using the following prompt in a widget so I only had to select it to change the profile quickly.

Thanks in advance!

Widgets > Choose shortcut / New > Experimental > Custom Submenu

A new option will appear for that widget called "Edit items".
You can use that to make a list of custom shortcuts to use as a widget.

Just add a "None" new item so you have something to edit, then change its action and icon/name etc. You can input the command manually by using the action button and choosing Edit when the prompt comes up.

Also note that the right side "Options" menu is also completely customisable, so you might find that a better place for a profile switcher.
You can edit the options menu from the "Options" button at the bottom of the widget customisation screen.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2024-05-23, 03:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-05-22, 14:12)jkerrigan Wrote: I've started migrating to this skin and it's fantastic, but am having trouble recreating a profile button I had in AH2. Is there anyway to create a button to quickly swap profile like I have in te below pic in AH2?

Thanks in advance!

Widgets > Choose shortcut / New > Experimental > Custom Submenu

A new option will appear for that widget called "Edit items".
You can use that to make a list of custom shortcuts to use as a widget.

Just add a "None" new item so you have something to edit, then change its action and icon/name etc. You can input the command manually by using the action button and choosing Edit when the prompt comes up.

Also note that the right side "Options" menu is also completely customisable, so you might find that a better place for a profile switcher.
You can edit the options menu from the "Options" button at the bottom of the widget customisation screen.
That worked perfectly thanks so much! Need to have it partner friendly first but will definitely explore doing it in the options menu too and maybe switch over to that.

I like the 'users' feature in the skin, much faster way to swap between users. Is there anyway to run an action to swap a user in the same way as the profile? The only difference between my main user and kids user is that the fodler of movies and tv shows are different (i.e. the kids ones) but I'm tempted to just load both on the main user and filter on the relevant folders in the widgets for each user.

Love your work thanks for all your hard work!
There is now a delay "EVERYTIME" I go back to Home. This happens only before when I open Movie/TV Shows Hub for the first time. Tried to go back to sidemenu from topbar & change the spotlight to default but still the same.
(2024-05-05, 16:35)Amalfi Wrote: Jello,
I would simply like to know where is the current playlist option in Arctic Fuse. I searched and searched to no avail. If there isn't a current playlist option, could one be added? Thank you.

Hi I would like to help if you haven't found a resolution to this. I haven't used kodi for a while and found the same problem. Found how you get to current playlist.You can create a shortcut to this might side menu. Just head to customize widget there you can add a shortcut. Press new  and go to miscellaneous which is right at the bottom. Then options is the first one add it. Now whenever you're playing something head back to the main home screen and you'll see the options icon press it and it'll bring up the side menu and at the bottom you could you'll see current playlist which is the first item at the bottom row of the side menu. I hope I've explained this well I'm not good explaining things. If I haven't maybe someone couldn't clarify what I mean. I just hope it helps you
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0