Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 35(current)
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024
(2024-08-18, 19:43)hdmkv Wrote:
(2024-08-16, 17:23)clarkss12 Wrote: Finished my YouTube video. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNbk4DGuOfw&t=333s
Tried multiple times to post a reply below your video about how to easily test for DV P7, but YT kept removing (censoring) my posts. You can play this clip & check if you see the woman around the 80-second mark (P7 supported), or this clip to see if the credits are bright white (P7 supported) vs. muted/gray (P7 not supported).

I tested both clips with Kodi and the other players that are listed.  No woman on the fist clip and the second clip is gray, but does HDR 10.  So, how does it play "Back to the Future" with Dolby Vision??  
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Edit: when I get time, I will test some of my other Media players.

Edit 2: Dune HD is coming out with two new models and I'm excited to be testing them.
No P7 FEL based on your test. With Ugoos AM6B+ you’d see what I mentioned. Thanks for testing.
(2024-08-19, 04:41)hdmkv Wrote: No P7 FEL based on your test. With Ugoos AM6B+ you’d see what I mentioned. Thanks for testing.

I just tested my AM6B+ with your two files, and this box running CoreELEC passed with flying colors.
I next tested the Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus and it FAILED both files.  I tested using Kodi 21 and the native player, both failed.
I still have a MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe (somewhere) that supports Dolby Vision, to check when I get time.

Edit: I forgot about this Onn. Google TV 4K Pro Streaming Device (New, 2024).  I will have to test it also.  It is connected to a TV in a bedroom that does NOT support Dolby Vision.  I purchased it, tested it on my main system, but did not like it for some reason.
I think those are the only 3 media players that I have that supports Dolby Vision.

Edit2:  I also have a Roku Ultra stashed away somewhere.  It supposed to support Dolby Vision also.  Will have to test it.

Edit3: I forgot about my Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus.  It also failed both tests using CoreELEC.  It also failed running Kodi under Android and failed both tests using the Dune player.  However, testing the "woman" file under CoreELEC, the four colors started "dancing" at the 27 second mark.  The four colors started forming circles and created a heck of a light show. It did NOT show the woman, but it was very impressive.  NONE of my other media players that I tested did this.
(2024-08-19, 10:35)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2024-08-19, 04:41)hdmkv Wrote: No P7 FEL based on your test. With Ugoos AM6B+ you’d see what I mentioned. Thanks for testing.

I just tested my AM6B+ with your two files, and this box running CoreELEC passed with flying colors.

Edit3: I forgot about my Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus.  It also failed both tests using CoreELEC.  It also failed running Kodi under Android and failed both tests using the Dune player.  However, testing the "woman" file under CoreELEC, the four colors started "dancing" at the 27 second mark.  The four colors started forming circles and created a heck of a light show. It did NOT show the woman, but it was very impressive.  NONE of my other media players that I tested did this.

The mentioned AM6B+ also shows this "dancing colors", so you have one to watch the show...
It has been confirmed in the CoreElec forum that the 928 which the SK1 is based on does not support DV 7 FEL. While it likely has the dual decoders needed for FEL, Dolby hasn't opened up their close source library to support it on this device and probably never will.
I am loving the Onn 4K Pro.  Might not have all the bells and whistles some folks might need,  but so far everything works perfectly for me and is very fast.  I will be replacing all my Shield boxes with them when we get back home from our long trip.    Even the remote is great compared to the Shield triangle thingy..

The box is very fast and it works well.  I don't usually shop at wallyworld, but I made an exception for this and glad I did!  Best $50 spent! 

-Bill
SageTV as my OTA PVR.  Bulletproof with every configurable setting you could ever want/need!  Struggling to find a decent client.. Kodi is interesting now that I found the Afterwatch plugin. Infuse is pretty good after the first few days of using it and its simple to delete a show from disk, one click or two with confirmation!!!!   Traveling via 40'DP 6 months per year. 
I got one out of curiosity & keeping it for travel use. It's a good device if you don't need HD audio. It has a 10/100 Ethernet Port, but using Wi-Fi 6 & webdav protocol, allows streaming high bitrate videos from a NAS/server.
AM6B+ for USD 83 delivered after discounts?!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10050075...1802L5wx8l

I took the plunge. I hope it wasn't too good to be true. Is there a way to authenticate the product on arrival?
Nevermind... oops.
SageTV as my OTA PVR.  Bulletproof with every configurable setting you could ever want/need!  Struggling to find a decent client.. Kodi is interesting now that I found the Afterwatch plugin. Infuse is pretty good after the first few days of using it and its simple to delete a show from disk, one click or two with confirmation!!!!   Traveling via 40'DP 6 months per year. 
(2024-08-25, 06:45)BigBillSD Wrote: The ad says its android 9, its that pretty old.  I think the onn $49 pro box is android 12.

Please read the first post. This is not supposed to be used as an Android box, but purely for CoreElec.
(2024-08-25, 05:34)Cinephile Wrote: AM6B+ for USD 83 delivered after discounts?!

I took the plunge. I hope it wasn't too good to be true. Is there a way to authenticate the product on arrival?

Let us know how it goes! If it's legit, for that price I'd probably buy another one!
(2024-08-25, 05:34)Cinephile Wrote: Is there a way to authenticate the product on arrival?
Great find; seems legit—50% off what most of us paid Angry Wink . On arrival, the product box should clearly have the Ugoos AM6B+ branding, and the UPC label/serial # on back of the unit should spell the model # out:
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2024-08-25, 05:34)Cinephile Wrote: AM6B+ for USD 83 delivered after discounts?!

I will get one also for that price Smile But there was a lot of options with the remote controls?
Do I need to pick a certain one to work with Coreelec/Kodi?
I'd suggest buying a Fire TV remote and pairing via Bluetooth. Or, any Bluetooth remote.

A benefit w/the Fire TV remote w/volume control is that if you first pair it w/a Fire TV Stick or Cube and go through Equipment Control set-up to have volume up/down & mute set for your TV or AVR, when you then re-pair w/Ugoos under CoreELEC, the volume/mute functionality remains unchanged. Allows you to continue controlling your TV/AVR volume/mute while also using remaining buttons paired for CoreELEC/Kodi (D-pad, play/pause, context menu, etc.).
(2024-08-25, 17:17)hdmkv Wrote: ImageI'd suggest buying a Fire TV remote and pairing via Bluetooth. Or, any Bluetooth remote.

A benefit w/the Fire TV remote w/volume control is that if you first pair it w/a Fire TV Stick or Cube and go through Equipment Control set-up to have volume up/down & mute set for your TV or AVR, when you then re-pair w/Ugoos under CoreELEC, the volume/mute functionality remains unchanged. Allows you to continue controlling your TV/AVR volume/mute while also using remaining buttons paired for CoreELEC/Kodi (D-pad, play/pause, context menu, etc.).

Thank you very much for the quick response and help in the thread. I did scan through the thread to read about the box before buying. Seems like a great box to replace my old Minix.

Do you have a link/SKU to the remote as there seems to be different kinds of the fire tv remote or is it this one? Image

I do not have a firestick/Cube so I can't pair it with any other box before the Ugoos box. I only have a Minix u9-h. 
Any other good way to configure the buttons on the fire remote to have them working like you mentioned above?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Media Player Options 20240