Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 43(current)
Best Kodi Media Player Options 2024
(2024-09-04, 14:44)Sholander Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 14:03)MediaPi Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 13:14)Sholander Wrote: Do you seriously think that their sales would be impacted by missing (maybe) a couple of hundred CE users, who would buy this box because of it's FEL capability? I don't think so, and don't think that they care so much for CE customers, as they do for all others who buy this box without even knowing that CoreElec exists.
It will not became the first L1/Netflix certified box on which CE cannot be installed, nor the last...

Li/Netflix is literally a third of the equation. do you realise only the AMB6+ could do FEL, that box cost like £150. that can't even do AV1 properly.
doesn't have the same features in KODI and it costs 3x the amount G1 cost!

FEL "customers", like me, don't give much concern to AV1; to enjoy FEL they sure have proper modern TVs that can do AV1 without problem. I have it on LG with NF app and am not overwhelmed by it, and have never seen any AV1 material that surpasses BD FEL quality. 
BTW, which Kodi features does AM6B+ not have and G1 has?
mainly on the android side. what things can AM6B+ could do that can't on G1? except for speed and 3 times the cost.
if KinHank didn't lock bootloader. the optimisations and fixes for coreelec could really have made this box special. still hopeful KinHank will allow coreelec to be run on their devices.
(2024-09-04, 15:14)MediaPi Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 14:44)Sholander Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 14:03)MediaPi Wrote: Li/Netflix is literally a third of the equation. do you realise only the AMB6+ could do FEL, that box cost like £150. that can't even do AV1 properly.
doesn't have the same features in KODI and it costs 3x the amount G1 cost!

FEL "customers", like me, don't give much concern to AV1; to enjoy FEL they sure have proper modern TVs that can do AV1 without problem. I have it on LG with NF app and am not overwhelmed by it, and have never seen any AV1 material that surpasses BD FEL quality. 
mainly on the android side. what things can AM6B+ could do that can't on G1? except for speed and 3 times the cost.

Oh.., on Android side.., well AM6B+ can do FEL, (see here) which G1 cannot, or I have not seen any confirmation of that.
What else/features G1 has that AM6B+ has not?

BTW, it's not 3x the cost of AM6B+ everywhere. I got mine for 165€ shipped from Ali, and for G1 it's 80€ from Ali to my address.
AM6B+ can play VC-1 using s/w decoding, while S905X4 boxes struggle w/it. AV1 is a 'nice to have', but VC-1 is a 'need to have' for those of us with older HD-DVD & Blu-ray rips.
(2024-09-04, 15:52)Sholander Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 15:14)MediaPi Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 14:44)Sholander Wrote: FEL "customers", like me, don't give much concern to AV1; to enjoy FEL they sure have proper modern TVs that can do AV1 without problem. I have it on LG with NF app and am not overwhelmed by it, and have never seen any AV1 material that surpasses BD FEL quality. 

Oh.., on Android side.., well AM6B+ can do FEL, (see here) which G1 cannot, or I have not seen any confirmation of that.
What else/features G1 has that AM6B+ has not?

BTW, it's not 3x the cost of AM6B+ everywhere. I got mine for 165€ shipped from Ali, and for G1 it's 80€ from Ali to my address.

it's €52.39 pre tax from ali
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10050063...lAR0V&mp=1
The price you insist on is completely meaningless to me, and to many others! When I log in to your link with my address it returns: 
Total US $90.37 VAT included
How many € is that? 81.59 according to my bank, which is the price that I wrote above...

Buy me one for 52.39€ when you order yours  Wink
(2024-09-04, 19:19)Sholander Wrote: The price you insist on is completely meaningless to me, and to many others! When I log in to your link with my address it returns: 
How many € is that? 81.59 according to my bank, which is the price that I wrote above...

that's before tax. shipped to UK it cost's 63.03, after tax
for argument sake, you said your AM6B+ cost 165 euros
so it's 2.44x the amount for the AM6B+, better?
that's a Hella of a difference, would you buy the G1 if it was unlocked and cost that much compared to the AM6B+
What a wild past 4 days.

DV FEL working on S905X4 devices, DTBs being released on NG branch for said devices.

G1 gigabit ethernet working, then an OTA update that fixes always on HDR but borks booting into CE.

Add in the AM6B+ fanboys who seem mad that people are excited about anything else other than their beloved device. (To be clear, I own an AM6B+)

It's been quite the ride 🍿 🍿 🍿.
Maybe a silly question, but can an OTA be forced? How? 
If a G1 is not updated and never connected to the internet, then we can run CE on it, right?
(2024-09-04, 21:28)baba420 Wrote: Maybe a silly question, but can an OTA be forced? How? 
If a G1 is not updated and never connected to the internet, then we can run CE on it, right?

here is a reply comment from coreelec forumns

"
Sholander
sunseeker2k5
9h
New devices come with original FW that existed at production date, and new updates are then issued OTA.
If this Kinhank G1 OTA update is NOT forced, as on some devices, but is voluntary, just don’t update, and you should be OK with any device you buy now.
At some point in future all new devices will ship with this new FW version, and then who knows what will be…"

the thing is though we want that update, right now on android I believe all content is being played in HDR mode, even if it's not in HDR.

also now that it's locked down, no further development will happen from coreelec, we still want things to get ironed out. so basically any issues you'll have you have to put up with. whereas if the bootloader was unlocked, this could really be a polished product because it's so cheap. some memebers of the coreelec team already have the device too. Just not worth it if it's locked. another vendor will come and give us what we want
You forgot to mention the day before G1 was going to get official support , KinHank thought to f us up.

I even made messaged YouTube reviewers telling them that the G1 is going to get super popular and it's in their best interest to make a review on it.
I made a post on a deal site for this box since theirs a glitch for UK members, we getting it $10 cheaper than US counterparts.

we even got 1Gbit working!

The KinHank G1 went from number 1 position on Coreelec leader board to not being on it in a matter of hours.
I still have hope KinHank will unlock bootloader, their must be a reason they did it. It's affecting their sales or competition. 
but they had no clue about Coreelec, and what the box is capable of now. If one of their technical team gets to know the development happening
they'll convince their managers to at least give coreelec full access to the system.

Only thing I can think of is they want to block access to some competitor.

honestly if they unlock bootloader. sales will go parabolic , this box would be relevant 5 years from now. they would be wise to even update it to android 14.
if anyone hasn't let KinHank know that we want unlocked bootloader, let them know here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kinhank

I find it funny the AMB6+ group are defensive. It's bloody $72 shipped in sales
(2024-09-04, 19:37)MediaPi Wrote:
(2024-09-04, 19:19)Sholander Wrote: The price you insist on is completely meaningless to me, and to many others! When I log in to your link with my address it returns: 

that's before tax. shipped to UK it cost's 63.03, after tax
for argument sake, you said your AM6B+ cost 165 euros
so it's 2.44x the amount for the AM6B+, better?
that's a Hella of a difference, would you buy the G1 if it was unlocked and cost that much compared to the AM6B+

Wrong! For me, in my country, AM6B+ was 165€, and G1 would be 82€; double the price is for me worth every cent I paid. 
Having a cheep device, with cheep parts (like Ethernet chip Smile, with cheep cooling solution in an (ugly?) cheep plastic case and a cheep remote control is not my wish...
it's not even worth $60 if it can't run coreelec at this point. I want coreelec on this

ethernet is confirmed 1Gbit
Won't be surprised if we get locked bootloaders on Homatics, Dune & other DV-licensed Android TV s905X4's. Hope it doesn't happen, but can envision Google and/or Dolby pressuring these manufacturers because these boxes also have official Android TV w/Netflix, Prime, etc. with 4K. Unlike AM6B+.
(2024-09-04, 23:43)hdmkv Wrote: Won't be surprised if we get locked bootloaders on Homatics, Dune & other DV-licensed Android TV s905X4's. Hope it doesn't happen, but can envision Google and/or Dolby pressuring these manufacturers because these boxes also have official Android TV w/Netflix, Prime, etc. with 4K. Unlike AM6B+.
why do they need it locked? Coreelec isn't illegal. people still want to use the android. by allowing other hardware, how is that negatively affecting Google?
it's like locking bootloader on a PC, it's not going to affect Microsoft or their reputation that you can run other operating systems including Linux.
Isn't this anti consumer practice?
Also the one representative on the facebook page really doesn't mind running other operating systems. her words "If you're experiencing issues, such as being unable to run the EmuELEC or CoreELEC systems, or if the developer options are locked, please send your device's SN number to [email protected]. We will provide solutions."

she is technical enough to understand what EmuELEC and CoreELEC are and acknowledges their is no dispute running other operating system, which leads me to believe that it's not Google.
eagerly waiting KinHank's response. 
there was so much momentum building and KinHank literally the last second pulled the rug!
Most of the Mecool Google Certified/Netflix certified boxes had/has locked bootloaders.  Not able to boot into CoreELEC at all. I was shocked that the Homatics boxes had UNlocked bootloaders.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Media Player Options 20240