Guest - Testers are needed for the reworked CDateTime core component. See... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=378981 (September 29) x
  • 2(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse 2
Nice work! clean and simple.

Is there a way to add more custom hubs? Do i just add them to 1080i folder or is there a bit more too it?

I know it wasnt the plan for AF1 but with the psuedo profiles is there possibilities for different Trakt accounts?
(2024-10-06, 19:48)TimboZero Wrote: @jurialmunkey, long time fan and been using your AH2 since I got a Vero 5 with enough power to use it without slow downs and it’s a beautiful skin.
Just 3 mins into a first look and minimal (added 2 home menus, removed one) tinkering, and love the skin a lot and maybe enough to convert me from AH2 to AF2 today. It’s that good.
For those that are curious but haven’t tried it, it’s (hate to compare as it’s unfair) like JM had written Estuary and put his usual customisation and widgets into it. If you like how clean Estuary is but wish it was more flexible don’t think twice add this skin!

@JM sorry for that clumsy comparison but I hope it gets you a few converts as you historically deserve more props and for this skin deserve a lot of users/followers!

Thanks! It's actually a great comparison because that's pretty much exactly what I was looking to do, particularly in terms of the home screen and info dialog.

AF1 was always a bit of an experiment, so AF2 is looking to keep the best features that emerged from that experimentation while trimming/refining the more complex or experimental parts to bring it back to a more straightforward Kodi experience similar to AH2. Effectively, it's me building a bridge between the two skins.
Arctic Fuse 2 - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2024-10-06, 20:57)TimboZero Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Now fully a convert from AH2 to AF2 (mostly because of how damned fast it is, and a little for it being cleaner but as customisable)

I do however (as a new user, and a newb) have 3 questions about config…
1) can I add a main menu item (or any combo of menu/widget/etc) for what appears in favourites.xml as RunAddon(“script.launch.retropie”) to AF2?
2) can I have a (like tv and movies titles) widget for favourites (which I tuned the command to ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser) because I like that format more)
and finally
3) can I please turn off that profile name at bottom of expanded main menu next to the Kodi icon, and if not would you please consider it as an option for next version please? (seeing Master User just feels egotistically wrong to me lol)

Additionally in the ‘please add to next version’ category, could we have some default background images for movies,shows etc (I mean know inv you it’s already in there and I just have to add a dependency or change a config somewhere)

1. Yes. When customising the menu, edit an existing item (or add an empty "None" one) and choose the "Action" button. Action gives you an option to Edit or Browse. Edit will allow you to input the command fpr the shortcut manually.

2. Yes. Similar to above, when customising widgets, creating a None widget, edit the Action, and the input "favourites://" (without the quotes)

3. You can edit your Kodi profile name in Kodi profile settings. Click the master profile and you'll get an option to change the name to whatever you like.

4. Feature requests on github in discussions please as I can't keep track of them on the forums.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...e-requests
(2024-10-07, 00:24)altfreq Wrote: Nice work! clean and simple.

Is there a way to add more custom hubs? Do i just add them to 1080i folder or is there a bit more too it?

I know it wasnt the plan for AF1 but with the psuedo profiles is there possibilities for different Trakt accounts?

There is much more to it. How many more do you need than the 8 hubs currently available?

Trakt accounts is beyond the realms of pseudo profiles. Should use proper Kodi profiles if you want that level of separation of settings.
And thanks everyone who is commented to say that they are enjoying the skin. I won't respond individually but I really appreciate the kind words!
(2024-10-07, 03:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
Now fully a convert from AH2 to AF2 (mostly because of how damned fast it is, and a little for it being cleaner but as customisable)

1) can I add a main menu item (or any combo of menu/widget/etc) for what appears in favourites.xml as RunAddon(“script.launch.retropie”) to AF2?
2) can I have a (like tv and movies titles) widget for favourites (which I tuned the command to ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser) because I like that format more)
and finally
3) can I please turn off that profile name at bottom of expanded main menu next to the Kodi icon, and if not would you please consider it as an option for next version please? (seeing Master User just feels egotistically wrong to me lol)

Additionally in the ‘please add to next version’ category, could we have some default background images for movies,shows etc (I mean know inv you it’s already in there and I just have to add a dependency or change a config somewhere)

1. Yes. When customising the menu, edit an existing item (or add an empty "None" one) and choose the "Action" button. Action gives you an option to Edit or Browse. Edit will allow you to input the command fpr the shortcut manually.

2. Yes. Similar to above, when customising widgets, creating a None widget, edit the Action, and the input "favourites://" (without the quotes)

3. You can edit your Kodi profile name in Kodi profile settings. Click the master profile and you'll get an option to change the name to whatever you like.

4. Feature requests on github in discussions please as I can't keep track of them on the forums.

Thank you so much for taking your personal time (which is very valuable) to read my reply, and for your specific and helpful responses to all of it.
Have a wonderful day JM
Tim
Will you leave ARCTIC FUSE unsupported?
I spent a lot of time setting it up the way I like it. It will be a pity if you abandon it.
I am really enjoying after I figured out to use hubs to make it looks like a Netflix screen like fuse 1.

I hope someone can come up with a help guide how to make submenus. It escapes me how this is done. I tried every combination.

I think any device can handle this with speed!
(2024-10-07, 09:07)etgecata Wrote: Will you leave ARCTIC FUSE unsupported?
I spent a lot of time setting it up the way I like it. It will be a pity if you abandon it.

See here for tips on transferring your widgets
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...cussions/1

I will not be updating AF1 anymore, but that's only because there is no reason for me to update it. AF2 is a continuation of the same skin.

The only reason I made a "new" skin instead of pushing an update to AF1 is because the changes are quite significant and I didn't want to force an update which might break setups. With it having its own separate addon ID you can install both versions side-by-side and then switch to AF2 when you're ready for it to be your daily driver.
Just wanted to say fantastic job on the new skin and congrats. I have personally gone back to AF1 because this design only for trailer playback in the background when using spotlight. I personally modified my Kodi settings so that I can quickly play trailers in the background with a single button press and it would play in the background window. However the new design there is no more background window to play videos in. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this as you mentioned an experience more like the traditional Kodi skin and this certainly a great improvement !!
(2024-10-07, 09:58)Groguuu1 Wrote: I am really enjoying after I figured out to use hubs to make it looks like a Netflix screen like fuse 1.

I hope someone can come up with a help guide how to make submenus. It escapes me how this is done. I tried every combination.

I think any device can handle this with speed!

What exactly do you mean by "submenus".

Submenus in the sense that they were used in AF1 no longer exist. However, you can still setup a submenu at the bottom of the Hub for a category. All you need to do is select the option "Use as widget" under the submenu heading in the customisation dialog for the category.

This turns that category into something similar to what the old "combined" widget mode was, where the submenu items act as a widget selector. This means effectively each category can either be combined or stacked depending on whether or not you enable the submenu widget.

If you want a submenu as in something to show additional links, the best approach is to use the "open in dialog" option for the category. When you click that category it will then open it in a dialog on the side of the screen -- so e.g. you can have a category "tvshows" linking to the base section of the library (e.g. where genres, studios, years etc. are) then clicking it will open those options in the popup dialog while still in the hub.
(2024-10-07, 10:15)banggun Wrote: Just wanted to say fantastic job on the new skin and congrats. I have personally gone back to AF1 because this design only for trailer playback in the background when using spotlight. I personally modified my Kodi settings so that I can quickly play trailers in the background with a single button press and it would play in the background window. However the new design there is no more background window to play videos in. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing this as you mentioned an experience more like the traditional Kodi skin and this certainly a great improvement !!

I don't understand this comment.

Nothing has changed with how background video works.

If you want to have a home screen as a hub window with a spotlight, then setup a hub and choose the option "use as home" to set that hub window as the home screen.
Sorry you are correct it does indeed work in the Hub/Spotlight view. I was too short in my previous explanation. However you are then stuck with the what I think used to be called the combined view rather then the stacked view. And have to deal with text labels rather than icons. I'm sorry I really don't mean to sound like I'm complaining I know this is very early stage of the skin and honestly nothing but praise for this new effort as well as all your previous ones.
(2024-10-07, 03:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:

and finally

2.3 and 4 completed exactly as you said and also thx for the prompt and perfect reply to 4.

1 however doesn’t seem to work.
If I browse addons and find the ‘app’ in games/standalone games I can add it to favourites and it launches fine from favourites.
I looked in favourites.xml and the entry (some obvious formatting not included because it’s basic and obvious) reads
RunAddon(“script.launch.retropie”)
I made a noop main menu item (also tried a Games Hub with the same noop as a widget within the hub) and used verbatim the line above as the custom action (renamed the action as well of course). Neither worked (had same issue trying same thing in AH2 before I became an AF2 convert yesterday).
Now it’s not a big deal, I can run the rarely used RetrOSMCmk2 (what this ‘script’ is, to launch emulation station as a Retropie front end on Kodi) from addons or favourites, it would just be nice to give it a home button Smile

Edit - I have now made an Addons Hub and added common addons I use to it, such as YouTube.
This works but I have also added via the programs avenue two others. The first was listed as a program addon called My OSMC and selecting it added an action of script://service.osmc.settings and gave me the idea to add Retropie as script://script launch.retropie
Sadly my Addons Hub only shows one widget row of all the YouTube options, nothing for either My OSMC or Retropie. Was a ‘cunning plan’ but failed.
Thank you for providing us with another excellent skin. It is very fast and already well refined. I noticed on page 1, you had a screenshot which showed a top menu. However I can't seem to find it as an option. Previously on AF, the topbar option was under settings, menus and side menu. For the wall views, are you considering adding the option of extra information/fanart such as with your original Arctic Zypher and AH2.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse 20