• 60(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
KiSUAN Wrote:Thank you very very much!!!! Big Grin Think it would end very nice to have the option to see gamesys fanart as background as HTPC GUY suggested.

Just tried, I looked for the button in a My...xml and port it to MyPrograms.xml, it appears in all the views, but it doesn't let you select it.

This is the code that night uses...

Code:
            <control type="button" id="3">
                <include>WindowMenuButton</include>
                <label>103</label>
            </control>

<control type="label">
                <include>WindowMenuLabel</include>
                <!-- LOC -->
                <label>31090</label>
            </control>

So or either I'm not getting something or you need to code something "specially" in the add-on or it can't be done, I'm leaning to the last one.
I have also try it on my way... but obtain the same result as you. I think I will ask to more skilled XBMC developers or skinners, if it is possible or not.
ali2k1 Wrote:hey bruv i tried reinstalling the emulators but still im having the same problem can you have another look cheers!! ignore sg1000.

xbmc log
http://pastebin.com/AMsapmMC

launcher

http://pastebin.com/9NZLh7ur
Ok, I have found the problem. I have made a mistake into the gamesys file. I have indicated AG-1000 as a game system but it must be SG-1000. It will be fixed on the next version. Sorry....
butchabay Wrote:This plugin is getting better and better ...
I have a suggestion: what about implementing rating flags like +18, M, and so on?
I don't know if there's a scraper for this, but put them inside via local folder?
I'm working on a games view for skin.cirrus, so a rating flag would give a professional touch!
Keep up the great work angelscry !

Allgame, Gamefaqs and MobyGames website use the rating flags. The actual scraper do not retrieve this information, but it will be possible to modify them to get it. I will need first to check if all those 3 scraper sources are compatible all together, then add a new item/tag into the launchers.xml file, and finally assigned it to the corresponding XBMC listitem. And if the information is not get by the scraper, I can always add the manual editing option to add it (with a list selection).

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=37958
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/534914-world-of-warcraft
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/wolfen...erId,7471/

Yes it is possible. But it is not my priority actually. But I will add the option to my todo list.
htpc guy Wrote:Angelscry wants to get the launcher part totally nailed down before heading into that territory.
Yes actually, my priority is to obtain a full functionnal command line support under windows and linux. But as cancerboyuofa report me again today it seems not working on all systems. There is also some emulators that are not working (like Psx). I do not understand why it is so complicated to pass a simple and common command line form with arguments under windows when it is very simple to do it under linux.
htpc guy Wrote:What arguments are you using for this?

I'm actually testing it now on a VM - the recent version 073 however is a PITA to install on 10.04 as a lot of it depends on packages only available for >= 10.10. I began to install some of them manually but after the 10th or so I stopped - it's just not worth the trouble.
So for now it's v070 only as it is the latest version built for 10.04 (=Dharma Live).

Update: running without flaws.
It's a bit complicated to configure as the GUI lacks the menu bar usually visible, so you can't close opened windows and therefore can't save the settings. However you can edit the settings via config file (in ~/.bsnes). For gamepad button mapping I opened the GUI, mapped the buttons and wrote the names (eg JP1::Button4) down to add them manually in the cfg.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask.

Btw: A little manual for bsnes
TheHazel3yes Wrote:I'm actually testing it now on a VM - the recent version 073 however is a PITA to install on 10.04 as a lot of it depends on packages only available for >= 10.10. I began to install some of them manually but after the 10th or so I stopped - it's just not worth the trouble.
So for now it's v070 only as it is the latest version built for 10.04 (=Dharma Live).

Update: running without flaws.
It's a bit complicated to configure as the GUI lacks the menu bar usually visible, so you can't close opened windows and therefore can't save the settings. However you can edit the settings via config file (in ~/.bsnes). For gamepad button mapping I opened the GUI, mapped the buttons and wrote the names (eg JP1::Button4) down to add them manually in the cfg.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask.

Btw: A little manual for bsnes
I have just tested it. Here is the corresponding wiki page : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Bsnes
Like a lot of other emulators, one problem still: Exit the emulator properly. It must be ALT+F4.
Well, that's no problem for me as I have mapped one button on my controller (the XBOX Live button) and one on my MCE remote (the red one) to run a script that kills all emulators. Wink

I'm in bsnes compatibility mode btw and don't have any problems with fullscreen performance (video mode is OpenGL). CPU is a Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz, GPU a Nvidia 9400GT.
HQ2x filter however keeps the CPU from idling and uses 150% (of 200% total as it's dual core), whereas without filters it runs at about 50%.
Super 2xSal (#4) looks quite as good as HQ2x and reduces the workload to about 70%.
TheHazel3yes Wrote:Well, that's no problem for me as I have mapped one button on my controller (the XBOX Live button) and one on my MCE remote (the red one) to run a script that kills all emulators. Wink

I'm in bsnes compatibility mode btw and don't have any problems with fullscreen performance (video mode is OpenGL). CPU is a Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz, GPU a Nvidia 9400GT.
HQ2x filter however keeps the CPU from idling and uses 150% (of 200% total as it's dual core), whereas without filters it runs at about 50%.
Super 2xSal (#4) looks quite as good as HQ2x and reduces the workload to about 70%.
When bsnes is running alone, I do not have any freezing problem. Problems occurs when XBMC is running at the same time... and bsnes is in fullscreen (so, expected use). BTW, I prefer using SDL mode.
did anyone get the launcher with the wii emulator doplhin working?
im just getting errors when i try to start a game with -e"%rom%" as order..
core init fail, audio init fail, and so on Sad
Just wanted to chip in on the windows problems with command line launching.
On Vista and win7 UAC prolly denies scripts/batch etc to run. So do remember
to run all commands as Administrator ! This has prolly been tought about but
wanted to give a short heads up on this. I know win7 refuse to run allot of stuff from commandline without giving proper rights.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
The-Boxhead Wrote:Just wanted to chip in on the windows problems with command line launching.
On Vista and win7 UAC prolly denies scripts/batch etc to run. So do remember
to run all commands as Administrator ! This has prolly been tought about but
wanted to give a short heads up on this. I know win7 refuse to run allot of stuff from commandline without giving proper rights.

Also, maybe the user should turn of UAC (User Account Control).
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:Also, maybe the user should turn of UAC (User Account Control).
Or run XBMC with administrator rights... Huh
htpc guy Wrote:Also, maybe the user should turn of UAC (User Account Control).

Turning off UAC is a bad idea. If you need to turn it off, or run in Administrator, to run an application, ditch the application because it wasn't programmed correctly.
Sranshaft Wrote:Turning off UAC is a bad idea. If you need to turn it off, or run in Administrator, to run an application, ditch the application because it wasn't programmed correctly.

UAC is very annoying. I turn it down. Why do you need to ask my permission to install a program whenever I purposefully clicked a link or inserted a program install disk. There is no substitution for smart computer usage.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Angelscry Wrote:When bsnes is running alone, I do not have any freezing problem. Problems occurs when XBMC is running at the same time... and bsnes is in fullscreen (so, expected use). BTW, I prefer using SDL mode.

I have XBMC running in the background without problems. Give OpenGL a try: it uses the same amount of CPU power on my setup (compared to SDL) and doesn't freeze when trying to kill the running bsnes process. With SDL I could type "killall bsnes-compatibility" as often as I wanted, but bsnes kept running...

DaGround Wrote:did anyone get the launcher with the wii emulator doplhin working?
im just getting errors when i try to start a game with -e"%rom%" as order..
core init fail, audio init fail, and so on Sad

As I wrote within the last few pages I got dolphin working, however I was in the range of 10-20 fps on New Super Mario Bros - so I gave up, as I don't want to change emulator settings per game, it's just to much to mess around with...
Did you start dolphin without any arguments first (so the GUI shows up) to configure your graphics and audio settings?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24