• 18(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
The preferences would be in HDD/users/yourname/library/preferences.

Maybe you can try reconnecting the disk before restarting ViMM, and make sure it's accessible from the finder, and possibly re-add it.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Nice update. Thanks.
I'm eager to give this a go. Just want to know though, is it stable enough to use on a live library? Or would you suggest I just play with a temp libary for now?
morikaweb Wrote:I'm eager to give this a go. Just want to know though, is it stable enough to use on a live library? Or would you suggest I just play with a temp libary for now?

I've been using it on my live library & the only adverse effect I've had is an occasional "Search All *.jpg, *.nfo etc" action so I can delete the images and nfo files and start over again. Or an occasional incorrect identification which can be fixed with a manual search.

ViMM hasn't had any bad effects on my files and I don't think it actually does anything to your videos (aside from scan them) anyway.
@marius

I have just been playing with images and found that after ViMM had downloaded a series of images if I went into XBMC and used the "TV Logo Script" in the context menu there were multiples of certain images in some folders. In each case there was a capitalisation difference. eg: Poster.jpg & poster.jpg sat happily together in the same folder and were different pictures.

It's late here so I haven't yet followed this further to see if it caused any conflict/issues in XBMC. Maybe someone else could test it out further?
demosthien Wrote:@marius

I have just been playing with images and found that after ViMM had downloaded a series of images if I went into XBMC and used the "TV Logo Script" in the context menu there were multiples of certain images in some folders. In each case there was a capitalisation difference. eg: Poster.jpg & poster.jpg sat happily together in the same folder and were different pictures.

It's late here so I haven't yet followed this further to see if it caused any conflict/issues in XBMC. Maybe someone else could test it out further?

Quick follow up... XBMC displays the files with lower case letters in preference to the files with a first capital letter. I think ViMM names files with the first letter as a capital so they're not being seen after that script gets run.
MariusTh86 Wrote:The preferences would be in HDD/users/yourname/library/preferences.

Found, no problems. Thanks. In lion this folder is hidden, that's why.

MariusTh86 Wrote:Maybe you can try reconnecting the disk before restarting ViMM, and make sure it's accessible from the finder, and possibly re-add it.

Strange, but this doesn't help. Even rebooting, then connecting the disk (i even tried to play movie from finder first) and then starting ViMM - doesn't work at all. When I started ViMM first time - there were no problems at all. And.. even when I deleted this com. file and started all over again - nothing happened. Any ideas? Thanks!
demosthien Wrote:@marius

If the only difference is capitalization, you might have your hard drive formatted in a case-sensitive format which allows both to coexist together, otherwise it should have registered as the same file.

To fit it, maybe I should go around and change all the image names to lower characters?
MariusTh86 Wrote:To fit it, maybe I should go around and change all the image names to lower characters?

Maybe you should consider it as Linux is case sensitive. (You can manage library on MAC, but you can have linux based HTPC).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

antah Wrote:Strange, but this doesn't help. Even rebooting, then connecting the disk (i even tried to play movie from finder first) and then starting ViMM - doesn't work at all. When I started ViMM first time - there were no problems at all. And.. even when I deleted this com. file and started all over again - nothing happened. Any ideas? Thanks!

Very strange indeed... are you using the latest beta 13?
You can download it from here if you're not: https://github.com/vidalvanbergen/ViMedi.../downloads
MariusTh86 Wrote:If the only difference is capitalization, you might have your hard drive formatted in a case-sensitive format which allows both to coexist together, otherwise it should have registered as the same file.

To fit it, maybe I should go around and change all the image names to lower characters?

Please do - those of us who are running XBMC on Linux only have case-sensitive filesystems, even if most Macs are formatted case-insensitive.

Thanks Big Grin

Edit: doh, pecinko already said this. Sorry for the waste of space!
Tiny Clanger Wrote:Please do - those of us who are running XBMC on Linux only have case-sensitive filesystems, even if most Macs are formatted case-insensitive.

Thanks Big Grin

Edit: doh, pecinko already said this. Sorry for the waste of space!

No worries, and the next release should use all lowercase filenames. ^^
MariusTh86 Wrote:Very strange indeed... are you using the latest beta 13?
You can download it from here if you're not: https://github.com/vidalvanbergen/ViMedi.../downloads

of course I do. Today will try to reboot everything and try fresh install. Will revert! have a nice weekend!
antah Wrote:of course I do. Today will try to reboot everything and try fresh install. Will revert! have a nice weekend!

Then maybe the last time it worked was in an older beta? though I don't remember changing anything to the way it read paths in between betas...
Anyway, keep me posted! and nice weekend to you too!
ok

looks like i found another bug.
i have plenty of NFS error messages , so i dug deeper into it

21:54:05 T:140695395800832 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(export/2tb/Series/Dark Matters Twisted but True/poster.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //2tb failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
21:54:05 T:140695040939776 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(export/2tb/Series/Oz/poster.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //2tb failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
21:54:05 T:140695395800832 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(export/2tb/Series/Person of Interest/poster.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //2tb failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
21:54:05 T:140695058765568 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(export/2tb/Series/Ringer/poster.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //2tb failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
21:54:05 T:140695040939776 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(export/2tb/Series/The Secret Circle/poster.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //2tb failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
21:54:07 T:140695387408128 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(export/2tb/Series/The Closer//landscape.jpg) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //2tb failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"

This is causing the error. once i scrape with ViMedia, it gives me this error , with Ember it doesn't.

Hope it helps

Cheers

DrP
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19