• 15(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
(2015-12-25, 21:39)nvps Wrote: video playback speed is not implemented yet?

Is this implemented yet?
(2015-12-10, 23:59)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 18:14)popcornmix Wrote: I've taken FenerMenta's update and added a GUI setting. It's in latest Milhouse build for Pi.
I believe it is also in Milhouse's latest x86 OpenELEC build.

Use settings/video/playback and change "Accelerated playback speed" from disabled to one of 110%, 120%, 130%, 140%, 150%.
Now when playing a video the first fastforward step will play with sped up audio.

Isn't this an odd spot to have the setting? Speeding up the video payback is something someone would normally want to do on a per-video basis, just like adjusting other video options while they're watching the video. Having it as an OSD setting option is also how other video players handle the feature.

I second this remark. This needs to be an OSD setting, so to be added in Krypton/Confluence.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
And easily added to a keymap.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-10-10, 18:14)popcornmix Wrote: I've taken FenerMenta's update and added a GUI setting. It's in latest Milhouse build for Pi.

Use settings/video/playback and change "Accelerated playback speed" from disabled to one of 110%, 120%, 130%, 140%, 150%.
Now when playing a video the first fastforward step will play with sped up audio.

Isn't this an odd spot to have the setting? Speeding up the video payback is something someone would normally want to do on a per-video basis, just like adjusting other video options while they're watching the video. Having it as an OSD setting option is also how other video players handle the feature.

That's why this intermediate change https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...811eafc1f5 is called
"[videoplayer] Hacky scheme to enable accelerated playback as first ff…"

But sure I can drop this and you won't have anything to play with until next version. You know this game, don't you.
@FernetMenta, thanks for your efforts. Please consider this a polite request to make this (in due course, and when you get time) easier to use on the fly, particularly from a remote.

Cheers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you, nickr, I couldn't have said it better.
I'm obviously quite new here, so I want to ask how a feature like this filters through the different platforms.
Pi and x86 are fine, but I'm waiting to see this for Android TV.

Do these things, once created, get shared among different versions automatically, or is it up to the person that creates it to add to all builds or what?
(2016-01-07, 19:40)FernetMenta Wrote: That's why this intermediate change https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...811eafc1f5 is called

But sure I can drop this and you won't have anything to play with until next version. You know this game, don't you.

Dude, calm down. If you are offended by that kind of feedback then you shouldn't read the forums. None of it was meant to be offensive or ungrateful. It was just simple feedback. Responses like this are so illogical that I can't help but think that you are just looking for an excuse to throw a fit.

EDIT: and by the way, I don't use this feature. I was trying to be helpful. You can remove it any time you want.
Hello.
I wish to ask if there is any possibility to use this hack/feature (accelerated playback) in Windows version of KODI?

(2016-01-07, 19:40)FernetMenta Wrote:

That's why this intermediate change https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...811eafc1f5 is called

(2016-01-18, 10:57)raven6679 Wrote: Hello.
I wish to ask if there is any possibility to use this hack/feature (accelerated playback) in Windows version of KODI?

Not atm because I needed to drop the UI change because of merge conflicts. Whet I get time I need to implement speed correctly, means without getting chipmonk voices
I was thinking that maybe the best integration into the UI would be to have a Setting that enables this feature.

Once enabled then FF instead of just jumping to 2x, 4x, 8x, would add a few additional speeds like 0.66(?), 1.5x & 3x and automatically leave the sound on up through 4x.

Then all normal controls would work, including TV remotes on android TVs and the user wouldn't have to map keys or go into deep settings every time they wanted to speed up or slow down.
Just tapping the ff and rew would move up and down through the speeds like it does now, but with sound.

This is similar to how VLC works on PCs.
Yup, it would be a great feature. Sadly, KODI developers stated that it won't be added in future versions...
(2016-02-15, 11:42)raven6679 Wrote: Yup, it would be a great feature. Sadly, KODI developers stated that it won't be added in future versions...

At all? That makes no sense.
Said it before, saying it again. If you want this feature properly implemented use mythtv
nickr, that doesn't solve everyone's problem. I'm glad it does for you.
Yeah I know people want to use kodi. Fair enough, but if you have a need for better speeded up playback myth is the beast.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11