XBMC doesn't play mkv files encoded as avc1
Hello,

I have several mkv files and some of them can't be played in XBMC (but I can play them in SMPlayer for example).
When I start to play them in XBMC, nothing happens. If I open the "Now playing..." menu (via "C" button on the keyboard) in Library of File mode, the movie is in the queue but not streamed at all. Sometimes, I receive error message "Playback failed".
I deleted the ~/.xbmc, reinstalled XBMC and tested just one (affected) movie in File mode as a part of troubleshooting but no success as well. The Movie Info search works for these mkv files without any problem. Just the codec info is missing in Movie Info of the Library view then.

I have compared the codecs and other media info with the rest of working mkv movies. I found that files which don't play are encoded just and only with avc1. The rest is encoded with h264 and xvid (if I good remember) and I don't have any problem with their playback in XBMC.

Herewith my question and request for help: Is it distro or XBMC related problem? Other similar experiences?

My system specifics:

Fedora release 14 (Laughlin) i686,
xbmc-10.1-1 (installed from repository) with default skin Confluence

my pastebin (errors on line 319, 320 and 325): http://pastebin.com/nCBMbYHy

Media info of the affected mkv movie:
Code:
[u]Video[/u]
Resolution 1280 x 534
Aspect ratio 2.397
Format [b]avc1[/b]
Bitrate 0 kbps
Frames per second 23.976
Selected codec ffh264

[u]Audio[/u]
Format 8193
Bitrate 1536 kbps
Rate 48000 Hz
Channels 2
Selected codec ffdca

Thanks a lot for your feedback in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't play mkv files encoded as avc10