[WINDOWS]Video stops after a minute or two of playback
Question 
I am currently having an issue with videos stopping only a couple of minutes into them. I've only experienced this issue with two videos so far. One is a .mkv movie and the other is a .avi episode of Dragon Ball Z. Both stop playback in different places, but it is the same spot every time is each video respectively. I haven't tested the .mkv file in another program, but the .avi plays in it's entirety in other players.

So far, all I've tried is restarting windows. Hopefully this is enough info for a possible resolution, but let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
Odds are the files are corrupted. I've never had to repair a corrupted avi file before, but I know that there is a program called Meteorite that will repair mkv files. Once repaired, you will see some distortion where the corruption was, but it will only last for a few seconds and then pass by the trouble spot instead of quitting.

VLC will do this with avi files by itself, which could explain why you were able to load the avi in another file. XBMC (along with many other applications) tends to close when a file is corrupted.

Here is the Meteorite link:

http://meteorite.sourceforge.net/
Much obliged! Meteorite worked like a charm and I downloaded a different avi file. Thanks much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS]Video stops after a minute or two of playback0